The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Any Local members in Luleå?

Calling all English-speaking exiles

pacfactor
post 4.Sep.2009, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Hej...G'Day!
Kind of rhymes doesn't it?
Heard my first, other, Aussie accent up here last week since moving here a year ago and i know there must be more out there?
Not just Aussies but Kiwis, Brits, Yanks, Saffas, Canucks, other Commonwealth Country citizens, other Nationalities whose first language isnt english, but have to talk it cause its better than thier Swedish! or pretty much anyone who is friendly and is interrested in getting to know new people.
Look forward to seeing how many of us are actually brave enough to live up here, in the Hardcore North, in what i consider the Real interpritation of what Sweden is all about.
Absolutely bucketing down rain here as i write this so no Meet and Greet BBQ today! but maybe in the future?
I am here for a while.
Take care to everyone that reads this and hope to hear from others in my boat soon.
Tack så hemskt mycket.
Go to the top of the page
+
gplusa
post 4.Sep.2009, 10:15 AM
Post #2

Hej pacfactor. Not sure, but we might have crossed paths at SFI evening class. I hear the odd accent ( and it sounds odd these days ) in the region, both in Luleå and Boden. But we're thin on the ground up here. Maybe time to get a Norrbotten Commonwealth group up and running. Trying to figure out how I'm going to get my lunch today without drowning.
+
pacfactor
post 4.Sep.2009, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Yeah,
Nothing like Eagle boys Dial a Pizza on a day like this!
Im on the Kväll kurs but had a baby last week so home with My little Viking Princess.
Are you the Kiwi that can talk a little bit of Australian?
+
demosuzki
post 28.Oct.2009, 02:04 PM
Post #4

hi

there are quite a few ex-pat's especially out at the university.

I am Irish.
I know 4 other irish guys, some english, Australian, French, German, Russians.

we had our first 'irish night out' before the summer and meet every so often to watch football, drink and catch up.

watch out the for the Ireland Vs. France world cup play-offs for a few of us to be in the pub.

/nc
+
gplusa
post 28.Oct.2009, 02:29 PM
Post #5

and Canadians. Can't move in Norrland without tripping over the odd Canadian or 3.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: