The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Short term rental in Jamtland

House Hunting Base needed for a few months

metrofire
post 1.Feb.2010, 11:54 PM
Post #1

Hi,

Been thinking on this for a long time and have decided to make the move, really like the idea of Jamtland, and hope to set off in 3 weeks to start house hunting.

Question of you fine people is this, having trawled google with my basic Swedish and numerous translation sites I have been unable to find a short term let to stay in whilst looking for a permanent place.

Anyone got any suggestions? I dont really need the expense of a holiday let, and will need the place for like 3 months only, so dont want to contract myself to a year etc.

A furnished flat would be fine prefferably with a web connection and in a reasonable sized town so I can use the local amenities.

I would be most obliged for your advice on this.

Cheers
Gerry
Go to the top of the page
+
David S
post 2.Feb.2010, 12:06 AM
Post #2

for a 3 month stay you might want to look at doing a house exchange.
+
metrofire
post 2.Feb.2010, 12:17 AM
Post #3

Hi David S,
Thanks for the prompt reply, but I dont really know what a house exchange is, but I dont have a house to exchange anymore, as I sold my place 2 weeks ago and have banked the money for Sweden.
I am looking for an agency or a contact to organise a basic short term let. But thanks anyway for your help.

Cheers
Gerry
+
swozzie
post 2.Feb.2010, 08:23 AM
Post #4

How much do you know about the property market here in Sweden ?
+
Rick Methven
post 2.Feb.2010, 10:39 AM
Post #5

I had a look on Hemnet.se which is the palce to find property accross all of Sweden and there was nothing to rent from any of the Swedish eqivilent of Voningbouwvereningen. But they will always want a 12 month contract with 3 months notice.
Your best bet would be to try Blocket for a private let or sub let

This link is for property in Jämtland look at the ones marked "Uthyres" -Rent out rather than "Önskas hyra" - wanted to rent. You could also try putting your own "Önskas hyra" ad on Blocket

http://www.blocket.se/jamtland/lagenheter?ca=3&cg=3020
+
Rick Methven
post 2.Feb.2010, 10:49 AM
Post #6

here is one but like the vast majority it is unfurnished which is normal here ( just as in Holland) unless it is a holiday let

2:a i Ope

Uthyres av Karin Sörgård. Insänd 28 januari 22:13.
Månadshyra: 3 800:- Antal rum: 2 Östersund: Visa var
Bostadsform: Hyresrätt Boyta: 55 m² Gatuadress: Ope 190
Typ: Lägenheter, Uthyres

Nära stan med lantlig miljö. Bra buss-förbindelser till Östersund.
Kan endast kontaktas via telefon på vardagar mellan 18.00 och 21.00, samt helger mellan 10.00 till 21.00.
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 2.Feb.2010, 10:57 AM
Post #7

Hey, Gus, wake up, and help this guy out!

He's one of your kind, spelling Jamtland without the you-know-what!
+
metrofire
post 2.Feb.2010, 06:11 PM
Post #8

Thanks people,
I have launched off 12 emails today via blocket for apartments so fingers crossed. I was wondering if there is any value in emailing estate agents and asking? or do they not handle lets in Sweden?

Cheers for your help
Gerry
+
Rick Methven
post 2.Feb.2010, 06:24 PM
Post #9

What you are looking for is a private let/sub let which the agents do not handle.

good luck with the hunt.
+
swozzie
post 2.Feb.2010, 06:37 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (metrofire @ 2.Feb.2010, 06:11 PM) *
Thanks people,I have launched off 12 emails today via blocket for apartments so fingers crossed. I was wondering if there is any value in emailing estate agents and asking? or ... (show full quote)

Hope you find something but to answer your question NO Real Estate agent do not handle lets.

Where I come from Property Managers are part of a Real Estate Agency and handle all aspects for the tenant and the owner but this does not exist in Sweden much the same as the whole concept of investment property doesn't exist here. It's seen as some filthy capitalist exploitation I believe wink.gif .
+
brissiedan
post 3.Feb.2010, 12:05 PM
Post #11

You might want to look up:
LazyBee.biz
BostadDirekt.se
Bovision.se
Boplats.se
HyrBostad.se
BoPunkten.se
HyraLya.se
AndraHand.se
Hyralagenhet.se

Look for 'hyra i andra hand' which is Swedish for subletting. That's the only way you are going to find a furnished apartment for a 3 month period.

Some of these only have properties in the main cities, but try your luck!
+
Puffin
post 3.Feb.2010, 01:41 PM
Post #12

It depends which part you want to stay in - in some areas of Jämtland you would have no problem getting a council flat once you are registered in Sweden
+
metrofire
post 3.Feb.2010, 04:07 PM
Post #13

Hey Puffin as usual you are a font of wisdom, but I thought you needed an address to register? and if the council option is a runner dont you have a contract and tie in period?

I am not so fussy as to what type of accomodation, its only a base for house hunting, so council would be cool.

Cheers
Gerry
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: