The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

PLS! Does Anyone knows what,

Lat odd mogna i fred-

fjordsalmon
post 13.Dec.2013, 07:22 AM
Post #1

"Lat odd mogna i fred- vi ska bli paj och annat gott i cafeet" means??

I am totally new to swedish, could anyone help me translating this phrases?
:-( Google translator is... well.. as usual not working properly!

THXS!
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 13.Dec.2013, 07:26 AM
Post #2

The "bli" seem to be out of place.
+
fjordsalmon
post 13.Dec.2013, 07:40 AM
Post #3

:'-( Really?? then if I dismiss 'bli' does it make sense???
+
Hallander
post 13.Dec.2013, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Have you actually typed this in exactly as it was spelt ? There seems to be something missed, letters, accents ?
+
intrepidfox
post 13.Dec.2013, 02:45 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (fjordsalmon @ 13.Dec.2013, 07:22 AM) *
"Lat odd mogna i fred- vi ska bli paj och annat gott i cafeet" means?? I am totally new to swedish, could anyone help me translating this phrases? :-( Google tra ... (show full quote)

A guess.
Do not touch, we will be used in pies and other nice bakeworks in the cafe.

If you translate it word for word you get" let us ripen in peace. We shall be pies and other niceties in the cafe"
+
Hallander
post 13.Dec.2013, 03:36 PM
Post #6

L?t oss mogna i fred- vi ska bli paj och annat gott i cafeet

Let us mature/ripen in peace - we shall become pies and other good things in the cafe.

I didn't have my thinking cap on tongue.gif the context would have helped. Fruit ?

ps Testing whether the accent printing still works. Yes !?!
+
Rick Methven
post 13.Dec.2013, 06:25 PM
Post #7

If it refers to produce - fruit/veg then mogna refers to ripen and fred means without touching.

So it could be:

Take your bloody hands off, these are destined for pies that you can BUY in the cafe when they are ripe!!
+
Case officer
post 13.Dec.2013, 10:14 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (fjordsalmon @ 13.Dec.2013, 07:22 AM) *
"Lat odd mogna i fred- vi ska bli paj och annat gott i cafeet" means??

"L?t oss mogna i fred - vi ska bli paj och annat gott i caf?et", eg Please let us ripen in peace, we will become pies and other good stuff in the cafe.
+
Hallander
post 14.Dec.2013, 09:56 AM
Post #9

Already sorted and you haven't contributed anything. Despite your first post the "bli" is required, and now you add a "Please" that is not there.
+
fjordsalmon
post 16.Dec.2013, 05:00 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Hallander @ 13.Dec.2013, 01:03 PM) *
Have you actually typed this in exactly as it was spelt ? There seems to be something missed, letters, accents ?

Yep... it's exactly the same!
it was written on a semi-post(?) in somebody's a garden !
(and sorrry for the late reply :'-(
+
fjordsalmon
post 16.Dec.2013, 05:05 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 13.Dec.2013, 01:45 PM) *
A guess.Do not touch, we will be used in pies and other nice bakeworks in the cafe.If you translate it word for word you get" let us ripen in peace. We shall be pies and ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Hallander @ 13.Dec.2013, 02:36 PM) *
Let us mature/ripen in peace - we shall become pies and other good things in the cafe. I didn't have my thinking cap on the context would have helped. Fruit ?ps Test ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 13.Dec.2013, 05:25 PM) *
If it refers to produce - fruit/veg then mogna refers to ripen and fred means without touching. So it could be:Take your bloody hands off, these are destined for pies that you ... (show full quote)

I see now...!! Ow... So this was what the fruits ('s owner) were(was) warning to a stranger !
THX SO MUCH!! X-D
It really helped... sorry for little contribution- which was mentioned by someone!- Ops...

Merry Christmas ( is coming really soon)
+
dalkennywhufc
post 23.Jun.2014, 08:50 PM
Post #12

Tj?na Alla,

I started intensive course b level at Folkets Universitet,V?stra Hamnen,Malm? on 31st Mars/March and on 17th Juni/June i took my b and c level exams.

b is very easy if you have studied and revised or speak regularly its simple conversation/questions/greetings.

c level is harder but as i am on an intensive course makes it so much easier to grip,the exam is made up of 4 parts first skriv/writing second h?ra/listening third l?s/reading a finally l?s/reading b.

There are great assists on this website it has old exams so you can understand the difficulty level and the format :
"http://www.skolverket.se/bedomning/nationella-prov-bedomningsstod/utbildning-i-svenska-for-invandrare/slutprov-for-sfi/exempeluppgifter/exempel-pa-uppgifter-i-nationellt-slutprov-1.201622"]SFI Old Exams[/url]

1st
Skriva
you have 60 minutes read and follow the instruction it is one question/assignment i had to write to a newpaper and give a brief presentation about myself and then give tips on how to study/learn swedish via sfi etc and then what are bad points about learning swedish and what are good points you are provided with 2 a4 pages to fill up.

A short break before next exam

2nd
H?r
45 minutes you are given a paper 8 pages a4 with each page having 3/4 questions on it with 4 multiple choice answer choices you must select the correct one. you read through the questions in section 1 quickly then a cd is played 1 question at a time and you have to listen for the information/correct answer in the speech.
It gradually gets harder and you have some varied accents and one spoke pretty fast.
You work through each section andthe dialogue is played twice to give you a chance to pick up the information.

You have a 30 minute break

3rd
L?s a
you have 60 minutes,personally i found this time very generous i completed it in 30 mins.
you have a set of questions with mutiple choice answers and on the following page a set of advertsand you have to pick the correct advert which corresponds to the question then select correct answer.
example
johan is 65 and searching for an oap salsa class which school should he choose
6 adverts all have information such as days classes take place,times,age groups,dance types etc
so if you see komvux tango mondays at 5pm thats not the answer.
If you see latin school,salsa,oap special class wednesday 5pm you know that is correct answer
a komvux
b new school
c latin school
d perplex
you select answer c

Another short break

L?s b
60 minutes
Very similar to l?s a except you read and get your information from pie charts,graphs and a newpaper or interview article followed by a series of multiple choice questions for each section/diagram/article.
example
a pie chart shows 2010 immigrant figures for several countries and a second pie chart shows 2012 immigrant figures
you will be asked for example from what country was highest intake of immigrants in 2010 you look at the key guide and the pie chart and select the correct multiple choice answer.
example 2010 pie chart shows 10% Bosnia,12% china,8%thailand,38% syria,18%eu
a china
b syria
c eu
d thailand
you choose b its that easy.

The article one is a bit more difficult as you have to understand 90% of the text and words and some have little tricks in like inte changes whoe meaning of the sentence and therefore the answer.

I have just received my results and i got 2 C grades in b andc levels.
This was from end march until 17th june studying 8-13:00 mon to fri and studying and homework it can be done and its easier if you study more and keep the swedish in your mind,if you went 2 nights a week you dont absorb or recall as much.
Lycka Till
Darren
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: