The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

International School advice

International Primary Years Programme in Scania

Rejrco
post 12.Sep.2014, 10:20 PM
Post #1

My partner and I are considering a move to Malmo/Lund from Bristol for a work opportunity. My biggest area of research is education for our kids ( aged 5 and 8). As English speakers they'd need International school. I visited both Lund (ISLK) and Bladins on a recent trip so I have something to go on but what I'd really like is some independent advice. Do they have anything like OFSTED to review schoolst etc in Sweden?
Would love your experience on how your children have settled into these International schools and of how well they've transferred to IB from the UK model. I've read some bad press about the administration of Bladins, much of it on The Local, but I am more interested in how good it is at engaging and teaching primary school aged children.

Thanks
Jen
Go to the top of the page
+
Ichidini
post 6.Oct.2014, 09:21 PM
Post #2

My daughter has been at Bladins for a big month now, she's English-French and she was previously in Montessori bilingual pre-school in France.
She is 5 year old, but it's bit early for me to tell how good they are at teaching the pre-school program yet. I can see they focus on letters and numbers a lot at the moment, with good results.
So far she loves it, she really integrated well.
Most teachers are from around the world (a few British teachers there).
The IB program seems pretty solid, too.

I am a big fan of the Montessori method, so the adaptation is a bit harder for me than for her.

As another option, in Lund there is also a Montessori tri-lingual school, http://www.bmsl.se/.

I am actually trying to lobbying so that Bladins opens an International Montessori pre-school and school (English & Swedish) under the IB curriculum. In case you'd be interested by that option too, let me know!.

Good luck with relocation.
Audrey
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: