The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Work permit 48 months, Stay less than 48 months

Work Permit Extension Decision

poojariravi
post 25.Feb.2017, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Hi Guys,

I have been working in Sweden for couple of months during my international assignment (Onsite Work). My employer has filed WP for different times and now its completed with 48 months(not continuous but with two breaks) . I didn't stay here in Sweden for complete 48 months but stayed only for 25 months.

Now we have file again for WP extension. Need to know the chances of getting Work permit approved as I have recently received letter from Migration board that why you have stayed only for 25 months. Need to know reason from me else they will expel from Sweden.

Actual reason is even though WP was filed for a year, there were changes in Project assignment end date which got ended up in 3 months only. Like this the total WP of 48 months were not served and some times start dates were also delayed.

Please help me if you have come across such situations or your ideas or inputs will help me.

Thanks a lot in advance
Go to the top of the page
+
Alex29
post 25.Feb.2017, 11:56 PM
Post #2

To put it short: one cannot have a residence permit for more than 48 months.

After 48 months there are two options: ending your work and leaving Sweden; getting a permanent residence permit.

To be granted permanent residence permit, you must have lived and worked in Sweden for at least 42 months.

In sertain cases, one may be granted a permit for up to 60 months to complete his/her work. You will have to *very* clearly explain MV why there are gaps in your employment and argue that you need an extension to complete your work, but chances are very slim.
+
rjb
post 26.Feb.2017, 12:16 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (poojariravi @ 25.Feb.2017, 10:20 PM) *
Hi Guys,I have been working in Sweden for couple of months during my international assignment (Onsite Work). My employer has filed WP for different times and now its completed ... (show full quote)

@poojariravi - Did you come with WPvextensions/new WP in all these 4 years?
When did you apply for this extension and when you got this letter from MV?
+
poojariravi
post 22.May.2017, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Sorry for very very late response. I didnt get any notification about your response and totally forgot.

Out of 4 times, we have filed 2 times Extension and 2 times fresh. But when filed for fresh, they still considered as extension when we have gaps (might be less than 6 months)

I got letter during last week of Feb'17 and extension was filed in Aug'16
+
silva
post 23.May.2017, 07:11 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Alex29 @ 26.Feb.2017, 12:56 AM) *
To put it short: one cannot have a residence permit for more than 48 months.After 48 months there are two options: ending your work and leaving Sweden; getting a permanent res ... (show full quote)

how about someone had to leave Sweden for couple of because of childbirth/maternity? I head that a person can apply for another 2 year if he has fair reason like child's birth etc.
+
capricious
post 31.May.2017, 09:34 AM
Post #6

HI poojariravi,

When you got the letter asking why you stayed only 25 months, how did you respond? I am concerned as your situation closely resembles mine - less than 48 months of work. Do you have a permanent work contract in Sweden? Are there any such rules that no extension after 48 months?

/A
+
poojariravi
post 1.Jun.2017, 06:38 PM
Post #7

Earlier it was my International assignment. I said same that due to business changes, I moved back. But now I have permanent employment in Sweden during this extension. But now they have rejected saying they can't extend after 48 months if not eligble for PR.

But I think this is wrong.
+
rjb
post 22.Jun.2017, 11:00 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (poojariravi @ 1.Jun.2017, 06:38 PM) *
Earlier it was my International assignment. I said same that due to business changes, I moved back. But now I have permanent employment in Sweden during this extension. But no ... (show full quote)

@poojariravi,
You mentioned that you have applied for fresh work permit, but it was considered to be extension. How did you come to know that? Was that mentioned in you decision letters like BESLUT KLASS?
+
poojariravi
post 22.Jun.2017, 11:14 AM
Post #9

Yes, based on Decision Class I say it as FRESH
+
rjb
post 22.Jun.2017, 11:32 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (poojariravi @ 22.Jun.2017, 12:14 PM) *
Yes, based on Decision Class I say it as FRESH

Sorry, but can I ask bit more in detail. I ask because I am kind of in same situation.

You said out of 4 times, 2 were fresh and 2 were extensions in your previous thread.
2 fresh applications said decision class C0 and extensions said X.

Is it so?
+
browngirl
post 5.Nov.2019, 01:53 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Alex29 @ 25.Feb.2017, 11:56 PM) *
To put it short: one cannot have a residence permit for more than 48 months.After 48 months there are two options: ending your work and leaving Sweden; getting a permanent res ... (show full quote)

@rjb

Does this still apply?

+
champaignepapi
post 5.Nov.2019, 02:29 PM
Post #12

Lol bro, you've been working in Sweden for only 25 months (out of 48) and you want an extension? Get outta here.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: