The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >   Reply to this topic

News postings from "the Savage group"

What you need to know about Sweden, or not?

Savage
post 1.Mar.2017, 08:28 PM
Post #61

@Fox - Please accept our genuine well wishes for your significant others health.

Mady
James

Other
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 1.Mar.2017, 08:51 PM
Post #62

QUOTE (Savage @ 1.Mar.2017, 08:28 PM) *
@Fox - Please accept our genuine well wishes for your significant others health. . Mady. James. Other

Thank you Byke or Ivor
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.Mar.2017, 08:51 PM
Post #63

Am I right it's a triumvirate, with one member unnamed???

Hey, two out of three ain't bad...

Hhhmmmn, who is the other, pray tell???
+
Savage
post 1.Mar.2017, 08:59 PM
Post #64

"Now, that we are on speaking terms, please tell us what is your purpose/agenda/reason for your plethora of postings..."

To expose and annoy those who weaponize the English language in Sweden, for political purpose or similar financial gain.

Swedish state interests, have for far to long used English in a manner that is harmful to the hundreds of thousands of English speakers in Sweden. And by doing so, have put those people at a disadvantage.

Mady
James
Byke
Ivor

Other
+
intrepidfox
post 1.Mar.2017, 09:04 PM
Post #65

QUOTE (Savage @ 1.Mar.2017, 08:59 PM) *
"Now, that we are on speaking terms, please tell us what is your purpose/agenda/reason for your plethora of postings..."To expose and annoy those who weaponize the E ... (show full quote)

Klubbnika
Gary Jones
+
Savage
post 1.Mar.2017, 09:15 PM
Post #66

Mady
James
Byke
Ivor
Klubbnika
Gary Jones

Other

But please don't get caught up on the ID.
Like other groups such as Swedenwatch.com etc, the common interest is to allow English to deliver facts in English. And the resistance is growing.

And counteraction is only the result of groups which wish to weaponize the English language in Sweden for other interests, and in turn put English speakers in this country at a disadvantage.
+
intrepidfox
post 1.Mar.2017, 09:19 PM
Post #67

QUOTE (Savage @ 1.Mar.2017, 09:15 PM) *
MadyJamesBykeIvorKlubbnikaGary JonesOtherBut please don't get caught up on the ID.Like other groups such as Swedenwatch.com etc, the common interest is to allow English to ... (show full quote)

I like your news articles as i learn more that is happening here than SVT etc BUT you must remember that we live Sweden that has the Swedish language
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.Mar.2017, 09:26 PM
Post #68

Well OK...But I don't think anybody cares except you...and posting here will not change anything in the Swedish press...

Why not post on the editorial pages of those outlets you think are the worst violators???

We here cannot help you achieve your ends...
+
Savage
post 1.Mar.2017, 09:56 PM
Post #69

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 1.Mar.2017, 09:19 PM) *
you must remember that we live Sweden that has the Swedish language

Cheers, But
Given this is an English news site regarding Swedish news, you may find a conflict of interest in your statement.
+
Uncle Fred
post 1.Mar.2017, 11:11 PM
Post #70

@Savage

You are very much in form with making your news report around Sweden, most of which is not reported on the Local as you have already said,
However a recent article on the Local is basically accusing you of spreading "bullshit".
I am referring this this article,

http://www.thelocal.se/20170228/do-not-buy...ad-about-sweden

Neil Shipley beleaves none of what you say is true. He beleaves it is all "poisoned school gossip" and "Lies".

What are your thoughts about this.

P.S. Bad spelling for a so Englishman who cant spell the word "criminalise".
+
Uncle Fred
post 2.Mar.2017, 06:00 PM
Post #71

@savage

Are you not going to share your thoughts, or are you to busy on over threads.
+
Savage
post 3.Mar.2017, 03:25 PM
Post #72

I think it would be fair to say, that The Local and the articles that it prints differ considerably to the news which mainstream Sweden see's.

Which is a clear example of how cash for influence leads to the weaponisation of the English language for propaganda means. Often at the detriment of English speakers in Sweden.

The Local often acts to a large degree as a mouthpiece for 3rd party interests, and that is partially why there are disparities of fact between actual free press Swedish stories and those often translated by The Local.

A fun example from today, Was the story which The Local has translated as well as inserting a few other bits to suit its narrative. The use of the extra bits of creative writing such as including terms like "Suggested" and other misrepresentations. And just the fact that the state is looking to make a deal to try and allow its propaganda to go Un-scrutinized is laughable.

http://www.thelocal.se/20170303/sweden-for...tillerson-trump

Here is Aftonbladets version before it got filtered and manipulated between TT & The Local. http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/samhalle...mps-sverigebild

Then finally if you look at the actions seen on this domain as of late.

- We have seen posts removed from the forum
- Censorship
- Misinformation
- Posts relocated to reduce exposure
- Information manipulation
- Social media bans etc

I think Tim Pool, offered one of the greatest videos covering the Swedish government, statistics and certain paid for influence news outlets in Sweden. And unfortunately even that post was moved to the dark corner and not covered as news laugh.gif

I recommend all to watch this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgJA1jEyqc

Make no mistake, Sweden as a brand is at war to protect political interests.
And war knows, no morals.
+
Uncle Fred
post 3.Mar.2017, 05:30 PM
Post #73

QUOTE (Savage @ 3.Mar.2017, 03:25 PM) *
I think it would be fair to say, that The Local and the articles that it prints differ considerably to the news which mainstream Sweden see's.Which is a clear example of h ... (show full quote)

We all know what the Local is like with news stories just look at todays, how to make the best coffee and a cat that's been missing fir 9 years.
Also thanks for bringing us stories that the Local has failed too.
But what I was looking for was your thought abouts this guy Neil Shipley or are you implying that the Local is not telling the truth.
+
Savage
post 3.Mar.2017, 05:41 PM
Post #74

I am afraid I didn't waste my time contemplating Neil and his speech. But I would draw anyone's attention to the final line of opinion piece

"Neil Shipley is a lecturer and coach in intercultural competence and communication"

(Make sure you dissect that definition, above)

That is not too different to business program and definitions that The Local operate. In regards to cash for influence and targeting international interests through communication.

http://www.thelocal.com/contentmarketing/#...;//&lang=en

If I was feeling really sarcastic, maybe I could list of ten reasons why Sweden is the best at propaganda. But I suppose I would need a cash incentive to do it first. wink.gif
+
Savage
post 30.Apr.2017, 05:56 AM
Post #75

QUOTE (The Local @ 24.Feb.2017, 11:19 AM) *
On the one hand, I don't want to delete the postings because then we would be accused of trying to hide the news or stifle conversation.

It is now evident The Local as now deleted hundreds of news stories, for whatever reason. And hundreds of posts relating to crime have been removed. In-fact the whole sub category of "Crime Report" section of the forum has been deleted from the forum.

So yet another reason, to accuse The Local of "trying to hide the news or stifle conversation." As this time it is self evident.
+

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: