The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    Reply to this topic

Nazi threat in Sweden

Clear and present

Saywhatwhat
post 14.Aug.2018, 01:58 PM
Post #46

Sure... This was the first article...

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.rferl.org/amp/1083119.html

There are many others. Just Google "Sweden and Jewish gold"... They have a history. This one said both good and bad things Sweden did for Jews. They melted their teeth and barred them from accessing their money during wartime, but also provided refuge for danish Jews.

All in all I would say Sweden dealt in a morally suspicious way. War tends to blur the line of morality, no?

However, I'm glad there were other countries willing to put their lives on the line to stop the Axis, and not just profit from war.

To get on with this topic... I think it's simple and it's a large problem in our world... Firstly, neo Nazis like the Nordic front resistance whatever are bad people. Plain and simple. Unfortunately, everyone in the world is so quick to label and goes to the most base descriptor, or exaggeration.

People have become so quick to judge. All sides. It's ridiculous and in most cases probably has people flock to the extremes of those sides. Or better yet, people are constantly put in a position to defend not their point of view but their character.

For instance from me saying the above someone would maybe say I'm this or that for saying whatever, just as someone could say this person is a Nazi because they believe in stricter immigration laws. Or like dipshits thought I was racist because I asked if someone was black in a dif. Thread.

Oh this is all stupid. And there is no Nazi threat in Sweden. Nazis are like 80-90+ yrs old now. Nazis are tied to a specific time in history. I hate the over use of just Nazi. There are Neo Nazi groups in Sweden, and all neo Nazis, people who choose to identify as such, or white nationalist, white supremacists, people who CHOOSE to identify as such, are all pieces of shit.

Yes there are pieces of shit in Sweden, plenty, but I'm throwing a flag on excessive use of Nazi
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 14.Aug.2018, 02:19 PM
Post #47

Welcome to the world of political correctness hysteria!!! rolleyes.gif
+
Gjeebes
post 14.Aug.2018, 03:26 PM
Post #48

So why is it that Swedes so forcefully taut the "neutrality" line? What does it matter, when,

1) "As late as 1944, the Swedish National Bank ordered its Swiss financial partners to melt gold bars so they could be stamped with a Swedish insignia to conceal their origin"

2) "These gold bars did not originate only in precious metal expropriated from Jews. In many instances, they had a much more macabre history: they were melted gold teeth, wedding rings and golden glass frames taken from Jews at Auschwitz and other death camps."

So Sweden knowingly bought Nazi death-camp gold, and melted it down to conceal its origin, yet they somehow maintain their moral superiority by flouting their so-called neutrality?

Sweden is an even bigger piece of shit than I could have ever fathomed.

https://www.rferl.org/a/1083119.html
+
Saywhatwhat
post 14.Aug.2018, 05:11 PM
Post #49

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=...mhz5Fnig7hgWl8D

Gamla, if you have the time, maybe you should read this...although you might not like it.

It's quite long but a tone is set early on.

Did you know there were a hundred plus swedish VOLUNTEERS who went to fight for the Nazis!

Maybe their refugee crisis and all the ensuing problems is karma.
+
Gjeebes
post 14.Aug.2018, 05:39 PM
Post #50

Just like most things the Swedes come up with, even their WWII "neutrality" basically only looks good on paper.

So who is talking shit? Gamla? Seems like you should put the crack pipe down, old man.

If Sweden was neutral, which as you so idiotically claim, is supposedly some kind of tool to absolve them of any moral responsibilities, as a the fucking "humanitarian superpower" they claim to be, why, "By May 1945 a total of 530 businesses in Sweden had been blacklisted by American and British authorities on account of their ownership or other German connections"?

It is the typical Swedish bullshit. Put up a window-dressed shop for display to the world, and claim the bullshit superiority blah blah blah...which is a very nice distraction to conceal essentially profiting from the death of human beings.

If Sweden was a person, it would be a first rate confidence man. Nothing more.

Seems like the word of Sweden then, was as empty as it is today.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 15.Aug.2018, 04:57 PM
Post #51

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 14.Aug.2018, 06:39 PM) *
Just like most things the Swedes come up with, even their WWII "neutrality" basically only looks good on paper.So who is talking shit? Gamla? Seems like you should ... (show full quote)

All neutral countries who had dealings with Germany had to return any assets they received during wartime. That sounds like punishment to me. Maybe if the Axis had won, Sweden would have been punished in a much more vicious way. I think an economic punishment that doesn't get much press is a civil way of punishing without humiliating a country

There were investigations shortly after the war. In the beginning of that pdf I linked a couple posts ago they talk about this early investigation and how during that time they didn't consider so much how much of those German assets received were actually stolen property, they were just concerned with having them get rid of it. And as stated before, Sweden even took measures to conceal the origins of the stolen gold, some plucked from the mouths of dead or soon to be dead jews.

In 1997, I believe the deeper investigation occurred then not only on the assets but the dealings with the Germans in general, and they uncovered, well, a lot of wrong doing.

Theories even sprung up from the investigation that Sweden could have had a part in prolonging the war due to good business on their end with Germany. Maybe they wanted it to keep going?

Gamla, since you have said before you are strongly of swedish decent and that you are from NYC, do you mind if I ask how swedish are you and if you are first generation 2nd generation etc?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Aug.2018, 07:43 PM
Post #52

Neutrality is what it is, some don't like it, "but that's how the cookie crumbles"...

If you can't accep[t it, it is just too bad...

That's life...deal with it cool.gif

The important thing is that Sweden walked a tightrope between the Axis and the Allies in order to keep her population safe from the horrors of war, and did so quite successfully I might add...

That's all that matters...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Aug.2018, 12:45 AM
Post #53

"Did you know there were a hundred plus swedish VOLUNTEERS who went to fight for the Nazis!"

Yes, I did, everybody knows that!!!

I took the liberty of posting a list of all others that did the same...

DID YOU KNOW THAT!!!

The source was/is "wiki"...

A bit quick and underhanded of you to only mention Sweden, but what the hell you're just ignorant!!!

4.1 Albania
4.2 Belgium
4.3 Bulgaria
4.4 Czech lands (Bohemia and Moravia)
4.5 Croatia/Bosnia
4.6 Denmark
4.7 Estonia
4.8 Finland
4.9 France
4.10 Hungary
4.11 India
4.12 Italy
4.13 Latvia
4.14 Netherlands
4.15 Norway
4.16 Romania
4.17 Spain
4.18 Soviet Union
4.19 Sweden
4.20 Switzerland
4.21 Ukraine
4.22 United Kingdom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS_for..._and_conscripts
+
wallace1837
post 16.Aug.2018, 02:25 AM
Post #54

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 16.Aug.2018, 01:45 AM) *
"Did you know there were a hundred plus swedish VOLUNTEERS who went to fight for the Nazis!" Yes, I did, everybody knows that!!!I took the liberty of ... (show full quote)

This is a pretty standard Swedish reasoning/fallacy: "if others do it then it is not as bad, or it is even ok".

It is pretty bad when your citizen join the Nazi, but one could argue that it is personal decision from twisted individuals. It is another thing when the government decide to collaborate with the Nazi like Sweden did. Or when the Swedish government welcome returning ISIS with open arms. http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2017/jul...-new-identities
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Aug.2018, 02:57 AM
Post #55

Maybe the opposition here will consider that Finland accepted military arms and supplies and fought alongside the Germans against one of the Allies...And I mean the country, not a few individuals...

Neutral America sold so much war supplies to England it was on the verge of financial ruin and took decades to pay off... can you imagine that a neutral country becoming a major arms supplier to a combatant and still retaining neutral status...I think that got Germany mad...a neutral country completely siding with one combatant against another...Wow!!!

Neutrality is indeed a strange thing...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Aug.2018, 03:17 AM
Post #56

You did not condemn any other country on that list so you must have agreed that joining the Nazi cause was a right and honorable thing to do and that Sweden was a monster for going along with them...

What a great thought process no ambiguity there at all, is there???
+
Gjeebes
post 16.Aug.2018, 03:23 AM
Post #57

Another standard Swedish fallacy: ignore all other facts and stick to your original, singular, naïve claim, no matter how idiotic it makes you look.

A more recent Meatballain example was "open-borders" immigration!

Gamla, a true Sweed; a true believer!
+
Saywhatwhat
post 16.Aug.2018, 10:55 AM
Post #58

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 16.Aug.2018, 01:45 AM) *
"Did you know there were a hundred plus swedish VOLUNTEERS who went to fight for the Nazis!" Yes, I did, everybody knows that!!!I took the liberty of ... (show full quote)

Here we go... Ok Gamla, big difference is that, well some countries, like Denmark, had Nazi parties of their own. A majority of those other countries were under heavy German occupation and people were forced volunteers who were executed once done with.
Did you not read your own link or are you just cherry picking to support your opinion.

Big difference is that Sweden was neutral, no German occupation/ control.

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 16.Aug.2018, 04:17 AM) *
You did not condemn any other country on that list so you must have agreed that joining the Nazi cause was a right and honorable thing to do and that Sweden was a monster for ... (show full quote)

Jaysus! You are like a really bad slight of hand magician who keeps trying to redirect.

And you brought up America ans neutrality. There is a difference when a country supports a cause but doesn't want to send men over to die... That isn't neutrality... Until pearl harbor happened, then we went and basically ended the war for Europe. And WwI never had America neutral... Germany was going off and America sided with the allies... When America broke diplomatic ties with Germany, Germany attacked and sank the Housatonic.

America was never neutral. They may have tried to keep ties with Germany until they realized the wrong doings and things about to happen.

Don't get me wrong. America is not squeaky clean by a long stretch. But at least all of their dishonor in wartime comes from actually being engaged in war. Sweden's dishonor during wartime comes from them being "neutral"

Gamla, I ask about your swedish heritage because your Swede relatives who came to America would probably smack the shit out of you for disrespecting all their struggle to make a better life outside of Sweden.

Why does it seem so impossible for Sweden to be critical of itself or for people to accept criticism of Sweden? Y'all act like Muslims offended by cartoons about Mohammed.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 16.Aug.2018, 11:07 AM
Post #59

Wait wait, excuse me. Woodrow Wilson declared neutrality in 1914 but Germany declared it will attack all ships neutral or not. And then what happened happened.

Just face it Gamla, Sweden had a dishonorable neutrality that they maintained during the war which they were economically punished for.

That's the biggest problem because I don't mind Japan or Germany or any other axis supporters because they didn't and til this day dont maintain a neutral stance. They allow it to be history and move on from it. I would never denounce Germany for it's Nazi history because they are aware, admit, and are ashamed, to an extent.

They are accountable, and you aren't being accountable to swedens wrong doings. That's what's annoying and why the "attack" continues.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Aug.2018, 03:02 PM
Post #60

The important thing is that Sweden walked a tightrope between the Axis and the Allies in order to keep her population safe from the horrors of war, and did so quite successfully I might add...

That's all that matters...
+

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: