The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Siamese Twins.

*Guest*
post 13.Jan.2009, 09:35 PM
Post #1

Did anyone see the documentary on Channel 4 here in Sweden last night about the two sixteen year old girls in Minnesota, who were joined in such a way that they were basically like one person with two heads?

OMG, it was so strange, I was having dreams about it last night. They basicly just shared one body.

They had a drivers license.

They are interested in finding some guy to marry and have a baby with, they said. How are they going to manage that? Isn't that like polygamy or something wierd along those lines? What happens, if only one of them wants to get married, and the other one wants to play the field?
Go to the top of the page
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jan.2009, 09:44 PM
Post #2

OMG, I found some information on them.

Look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abigail_and_Brittany_Hensel
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jan.2009, 09:48 PM
Post #3

This link has a picture of them: http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2008/02...esotas_abby.php
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jan.2009, 10:05 PM
Post #4

About their driving, it says: They also want to visit the UK, so they can both have a chance to use their opposite controls.

Well, I've got news for them. Most of the controls are situated the same way in cars in the U.K., except that they are on the opposite side of the car. So, for instance the gas and brake pedal are still controlled by the right foot. So, they may be disappointed by this.
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jan.2009, 10:08 PM
Post #5

I wonder, if you find them to be sexually attractive, if that could be considered a fetish?
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jan.2009, 10:18 PM
Post #6

Hmmmgh, there are a whole mess of pictures of them on this page: http://community.livejournal.com/randompictures/4092017.html

I don't know why I find this so intriguing.
+
entry
post 13.Jan.2009, 10:25 PM
Post #7

They were amazingly well adapted.

One of their plans is to travel to England so they can see what it is like to drive their. Currently they each hold a drivers license(They took separate written tests). One turns and signals while the other one operates the pedals. They want to see what it is like to switch tasks.

It was a very interesting program.
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jan.2009, 10:25 PM
Post #8

There are some funny comments about them in this blog page: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/watertown-...07098I358M0R/p2
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jan.2009, 10:29 PM
Post #9

I wonder what happens, when one of them decides she doesn't want to drink one night, but the other insists on having a few? I mean, they are both going to get drunk aren't they?
+
*Guest*
post 13.Jan.2009, 10:48 PM
Post #10

There is a video of them on this page: http://www.xenvideo.com/2007/01/02/two-headed-girl/

Further down the page, some jerk says, they are the anti-Christ. What an a**hole to say something like that!
+
*Guest*
post 14.Jan.2009, 09:12 AM
Post #11

Why has everyone steered clear of this thread like a girl with a bad case of crabs?
+
Eddymu
post 14.Jan.2009, 12:33 PM
Post #12

No idea, personally I think it's a little weird for you to have posted 10 of the 11 messages on this thread.

I did see the documentary and I thought it was very interesting, I think they are achieving something absolutely amazing considering how difficult it must be to live as they do.

They were lovely girls and clearly were not going to let their condition stop them from doing what they wanted to do; I think that is quite inspirational to so many people.

On the note of inspirational, did anyone see extreme home makeover with the blind boy in the wheelchair the other day... that was truly great.

As for the girls future and kids that's for them to work out - as they said "it's not something we'd discuss with the world".
+
kaze
post 14.Jan.2009, 01:01 PM
Post #13

I wonder what happens if one of them turns out to be gay.

And how do they go to the loo? Who controls those parts...
+
entry
post 17.Jan.2009, 03:21 AM
Post #14

The program repeats tomorrow on TV4. Saturdy 17th 15:30 - 16:30
Systrar som sitter samman: 16-årsdagen

Brittisk dokumentär från 2006. I den förra dokumentären om systrarna Abby och Brittany Hensel ä var de 11 år och nu ska de fylla 16 år. De är sammanvuxna tvillingar och systrarna delar ben och armar med varandra. De har fullt upp med skolan och sitt sociala liv. Det är också dags att ta körkort. I det här programmet delar de med sig av sina liv och man blickar tillbaka på deras barndom och tar en titt på deras nuvarande liv som ambitiösa och äventyrslystna tonårigar.
+
post 17.Jan.2009, 08:14 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Eddymu)
, personally I think it's a little weird for you to have posted 10 of the 11 messages on this thread.

no kiddin' --can you say, obsessive perversion?

I wonder, if you find them to be sexually attractive, if that could be considered a fetish?
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: