The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
138 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »    Reply to this topic

Merit Rating 2017 - Sweden MS Applicants

Selection Groups & Results

Kakuru
post 5.Feb.2017, 03:16 PM
Post #106

Hi Malik,
So it seems like all your documents got ignored? Have you got any messages about that?

Huh, seems like more people have similar issues.
Go to the top of the page
+
itsmegeorge
post 5.Feb.2017, 03:20 PM
Post #107

I think you should call them. If you have the Viber app on your phone, buy some credits and call them; that's how I call people in Sweden to talk.
+
malik
post 5.Feb.2017, 06:16 PM
Post #108

ok ,I will call universityadm ,thanks
+
Nkemjika
post 5.Feb.2017, 07:06 PM
Post #109

QUOTE (malik @ 5.Feb.2017, 02:07 PM) *
my all application status changed to unqualified in my all 4 choices i dont know why,and it states thatYou are missing the general entry requirementsAcademic Degree consisting ... (show full quote)

Hi Malik.

Perhaps your bachelor diploma and transcript has not been verified by the issuing University in Pakistan. I had same problem and I message UAS to challenge the unqualified status and I got this reply from them:

"Dear Student,

Thank you for contacting us with questions regarding admission in Sweden.
As long as we haven't received an answer to the verification of your document your status will be unqualified since you do not fulfill the requirements until we have."

I never knew my academic credentials are still unverified by my institution. I will visit my school tomorrow to see what I can do.

I suggest you mail University admission student for clarification. You own case might be different to mine though.
+
Aal22
post 5.Feb.2017, 08:15 PM
Post #110

Hey Nkemjika and Malik,

If you don't mind me asking, when did you pay your application fee? I'm wondering how long they wait for a response from the issuing institute before they mark the degree as unverified. I'm worried because my university is not very good with responding to e-mails but all my programmes are "in progress" still.
Hope this gets resolved for both of you soon.
+
Albert100791
post 5.Feb.2017, 09:33 PM
Post #111

QUOTE (Aal22 @ 5.Feb.2017, 08:15 PM) *
I'm worried because my university is not very good with responding to e-mails but all my programmes are "in progress" still. . Hope this gets resolved for both of you soon.

I think that ANY university is good at responding e-mails tongue.gif. Nevertheless, it seems there are a lot of problems regarding admission process this year... Maybe just because the Visa system is overloaded :/ Fingers crossed for everyone! I'm still in progress as well.
+
Sinjanthu
post 6.Feb.2017, 04:54 AM
Post #112

QUOTE (Albert100791 @ 5.Feb.2017, 10:33 PM) *
I think that ANY university is good at responding e-mails . Nevertheless, it seems there are a lot of problems regarding admission process this year... Maybe just because the ... (show full quote)

Yes. True.
The student permit is overloaded. They get more applications each year. 's I think they decided to cut down some of it by rejecting at the university admission state.

And from last semester, (Jan intake 2017) they started to conduct an interview at visa permit statge. And ask questions about the course you studied at will study at Sweden. Be prepared for that too
+
Rafael8
post 6.Feb.2017, 06:54 AM
Post #113

That means the ratio between fee paying and non fee paying will increase to 3:1. fee paying would more likely to get admitted because its a strict business : ))))))))

Albert and sinjanthu, where you from?
+
Nkemjika
post 6.Feb.2017, 07:36 AM
Post #114

Hey Nkemjika and Malik,If you don't mind me asking, when did you pay your application fee? I'm wondering how long they wait for a response from the issuing institute b ... (show full quote)

Hi Aal22

I paid my application fee on the 24th December 2016.

I suggest you visit your university(that is what I will be doing today) to ensure your documents are verified. Unfortunately, in most cases, especially in developing countries, we the applicants need to visit the institution to speed up the process of having them verified our transcript and diplomas. Relaxing and thinking some of them will reply the email is akin to taking a dangerous gamble on ones admission chances
+
Albert100791
post 6.Feb.2017, 08:42 AM
Post #115

QUOTE (Sinjanthu @ 6.Feb.2017, 04:54 AM) *
Yes. True. The student permit is overloaded. They get more applications each year. 's I think they decided to cut down some of it by rejecting at the university admission ... (show full quote)

Wow!, Yeah I think it's an easy way to cut down some applications.. It's actually scaring!

QUOTE (Rafael8 @ 6.Feb.2017, 06:54 AM) *
That means the ratio between fee paying and non fee paying will increase to 3:1. fee paying would more likely to get admitted because its a strict business : )))))))) Albert a ... (show full quote)

Rafael, I don't think they are more likely to get admitted ( although it's true they need money anyway ) Think about the ones who are applying for a schoolarship as well, and the overloaded system visa, so, we'll all be in the same boat at the end...

I'm from Barcelona, so as an EU member I don't need to apply for a VISA. Anyway, the statistics got me really discouraged... More than 600 applications!

The selection for my course is based upon number of higher education credits so.. I think I should be fine.. Spain and Greece are the only EU countries with 4 years Bachelor ( I THINK ).

Where are you from Rafael?

Good luck for everyone!
+
Aal22
post 6.Feb.2017, 11:44 AM
Post #116

QUOTE (Nkemjika @ 6.Feb.2017, 09:36 AM) *
Hi Aal22I paid my application fee on the 24th December 2016.I suggest you visit your university(that is what I will be doing today) to ensure your documents are verified. Unf ... (show full quote)

Hi Nkemjika,

Yes, I am from a developing country as well and I agree with having to actually make sure everything is getting done. Unfortunately, I cannot visit my university since I'm not in my home country right now. I will try calling them though. Thank you Nkemjika!
+
Nkemjika
post 6.Feb.2017, 12:16 PM
Post #117

Hey Nkemjika and Malik,If you don't mind me asking, when did you pay your application fee? I'm wondering how long they wait for a response from the issuing institute b ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (Aal22 @ 6.Feb.2017, 11:44 AM) *
Hi Nkemjika,Yes, I am from a developing country as well and I agree with having to actually make sure everything is getting done. Unfortunately, I cannot visit my university s ... (show full quote)

Okay Aal22

It is good to do everything possible to ensure your chances are not marred. Good luck to us
+
malik
post 6.Feb.2017, 12:23 PM
Post #118

Hi Nkemjika Aal22

i called universities admission offices, i think they contact universityadmission and today my status changed to in progress ,thanks god
+
Ayrah
post 6.Feb.2017, 12:29 PM
Post #119

QUOTE (malik @ 6.Feb.2017, 12:23 PM) *
Hi Nkemjika Aal22. i called universities admission offices, i think they contact universityadmission and today my status changed to in progress ,thanks god

Hi
In which universities you had applied ?
+
malik
post 6.Feb.2017, 12:33 PM
Post #120

lund ,linköping

Hi Nkemjika Aal22

you should call them,I sugest you to call university and ask them about your satuation,thanks.
+

138 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: