The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Social Benefits And Insurance

Non-working Spouse

post 26.May.2014, 07:00 AM
Post #1
Joined: 26.May.2014

Hello, Good Day to all.

I am moving to Karlskrona soon on an employment contract for 18 months. I will be covered with all the government provided benefits & medical expenses through my employer.

I am planning to take my wife along & she would be getting same residence permit as I do. However, my employer will not bear any cost arising related to this. I want to know if she is also entitled to get the social benefits/medical insurance during her stay? If yes, what are the procedures & how it should be done?

Thank you very much for your time with this question.

Best Regards,
Go to the top of the page
post 26.May.2014, 08:19 AM
Post #2
Location: Stockholm
Joined: 24.May.2011

Since she will have a permit for at least a year she is covered by social health insurance, but I don't think there is much more.
Go to the top of the page
post 26.May.2014, 08:57 AM
Post #3
Joined: 12.Dec.2013
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: