The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

jobs in restaurants

Liza86
post 4.Dec.2007, 10:13 AM
Post #1

hi

I am a 21 year old english speaking girl.i have done my graduation in commerce .i have come here 1 month back and i am searching for part time or full time jobs in asian restaurant or shops.i can serve ,clean.i have a working permit and a residence permit too.please could anyone help me in finding a job in restaurants please.if u have any information PLZ HELP ME.
Go to the top of the page
+
evakaram
post 4.Dec.2007, 10:55 AM
Post #2

IF you have the time, try knocking on doors of restaurants and asking for a job. You may hit the jackpot. Also try some of the major supermarkets, they always need packers and shelf fillers. Best of luck.
+
Fishtank
post 4.Dec.2007, 12:40 PM
Post #3

Look for a month or old thread, someone posted some info about how he/she ended up that kind of work and gave some tips..

Don't recall the thread name but will look in free time.

Search on forums. Good luck. smile.gif
+
*A'murkin*
post 5.Dec.2007, 01:37 AM
Post #4

Concerning restaurants... if you are going to be going from door to door. Go when they are not serving food. I work in restaurants as chef and there is a 100% chance that your resume will not be looked at and end up in the rubbish if you come when they are open and serving. They see it as a "you do not know restaurants and have no business being here" indicator. But experience has been proven that by going to restaurants in person to present your resume has the best success. Even if it is only to schedule an appointment for an interview (but during off hours!). It gives them a beforehand face to an otherwise annonymous stack of resumes and possibly a taste of your personality. Good luck.
+
baby07
post 20.Mar.2010, 10:26 PM
Post #5

hey am john a student in stockholm sweden mobile number(0762585447).am really looking for a parttime or fulltime job at a restaurant either as a cleaner or any other position in the afternoons on weekdays and all time during weekends.I have a residence and work permit as well.I have very few contacts in sweden.Please if you know of any vacancy just call me.thanks
+
Furu
post 21.Mar.2010, 12:57 AM
Post #6

This is a 2 year old thread.
+
Essjay
post 22.Mar.2010, 03:59 PM
Post #7

Just want to ask the guy who is a chef what it,s like as I am a chef and posted the question ,wages good? Conditions and working hours ok etc if you can reply or pm me most appreciated as I am moving in a few weeks , and to the girl looking for a job he,s right ,don,t go when its busy best in the morning before service , tell them you are willing to do whatever and to give you the op , knocking on the door is the best way and even if they have nothing ,leave your number ,catering people are always moving and changing ,good luck
+
Puffin
post 22.Mar.2010, 05:14 PM
Post #8

What is this bumping old threads all about? - seems to be happening all the time ...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: