The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Confused about a job offer

Please advise which job to choose

volvo_saab
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Hi everyone,
I am in precarious situation.I work as an It consultant. The workign conditions in my present company were hostile towards me(as I was the only outsider), so I resigned from my job.But my boss gave me an option that I could move to Stockholm, get a whiff of multiculturalism and maybe like it, although at the same salary which i think is not so much for Stockholm.I agreed to withdraw my resignation.& immediately I have 2 more job offers in Stockholm.What can I possibly do?The latter 2(I have to choose one) are offering a higher salary+Stockholm.If I now tell my boss I want to quit, again, I'll sound crazy but if I don't then I'll regret havng left the better paying jobs. What can I possibly do?Speak to my boss about quiting again?Or just let go the other better offers and wait for them to fall into my lap, sometime later.I am sure the 2 jobs have better roles for me.Please help...i'm in deep shit.
Go to the top of the page
+
Localer
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:23 PM
Post #2

What sort of job and income are you talking about?
+
volvo_saab
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:28 PM
Post #3

I am an IT consultant. I didnt enjoy my present work. I mean since i was the only outsider I felt alienated, claustrophobic.So I quit in haste.
+
Puffin
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:32 PM
Post #4

How would you feel if your present employer matched the new job offer? Is he prepapred to?

How much do you want a change of company culture?
+
volvo_saab
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:34 PM
Post #5

Current employer is not ready to hike the salary.and I have friends in Stockholm so even in the company culture is same I can destress with friends.Kiruna sucks big time.
+
Puffin
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:36 PM
Post #6

So why are you still considering this company if you have 2 better offers?
+
volvo_saab
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:40 PM
Post #7

Guilt!Because all this has happened within 2 weeks.I resigned Monday, Friday boss says I can send you to stockholm, think & reply.I had no job offers at taht time. Monday I said yes.Tuesday I had one offer, wednesday another.Now can i again go & say hello boss I want to quit again...I eat back my words..Is this OK?
+
Localer
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:43 PM
Post #8

what say you ?
if the current company sucks, then go for the new offer.
but bear in mind that the new company might have the same working cultures as your old company ...
+
volvo_saab
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:47 PM
Post #9

But doesnt it sound a bit crazy on my part?? I mean i said yes as they wanted to retain me then again I change my mind..I am feeling guilty nothing else..also a sense of disgrace to face my boss...he's going to get mad at me..but yes maybe I have to face him once then move on.should i email him or speak to him in person and give him the true reason???
+
Localer
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:54 PM
Post #10

come on...you not a child !
just tell him you got a better offer and would like to go for the new challenge or what so ever.
tell him the truth.

or else stick to the old company if you scare to do so.

all companies are linked and if one mistake made, you might hard to get new a job since the company love to call your ex-employer for references.

where you from by the way ?
+
volvo_saab
post 2.Sep.2009, 02:55 PM
Post #11

I am from India.
+
byke
post 2.Sep.2009, 03:12 PM
Post #12

If you have a safe offer of a better job, then take the leap.
Even if you were made to look crazy for 3 seconds, you will be out the door and into a new job with no recollection of your spat.

Take the leap.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 2.Sep.2009, 07:01 PM
Post #13

Business is business! Take the best offer and feel no guilt...
+
kaze
post 2.Sep.2009, 07:08 PM
Post #14

Indeed. Your boss will understand, he'd do the same thing in his situation. He probally won't be happy about it but who cares, its not like he's your husband/brother/father...or is he?
+
Renfeh Hguh
post 2.Sep.2009, 09:12 PM
Post #15

I work as an IT consultant and I know that the bean counters as quite happy to get rid of us when it suits them. If you have a better offer jump at it, although you will never be welcome back at that company, even if they say you will be smile.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: