The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Maxed Out

Roy E
post 8.Mar.2006, 05:46 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Kang)
How do the Republicans feel about Bush's reclassification of declassified documents?

It's not even on the radar screen as far as I can tell. There seems to be general sentiment out there that the media has been acting irresponsibly with sensitive information. Perhaps that's why it's not resonating at all outside of the conspiracy circles.

Are they worried about any implications from Abramoff?

Not from a partisan standpoint. Both parties are implicated. It just reduces trust in government across the board.

Cunningham's bribery conviction is of greater concern. But Republicans can easily counter with Democrat Congressmen Dan Rostenkowski and James Trafficant being sent to prison. So it's a wash.

again, it just reinforces people's distrust in government across the board.

PS - I'm not a Republican. I'm a conservative. There's a difference.
Go to the top of the page
+
Roger O. Thornhill
post 8.Mar.2006, 05:50 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Married_A_Swede)
And all this time I was given to understand that GW Bush is a conservative who believes in smaller government...

:roll:

Bush is only a Conservative to the left because he is a religious man.

In all other aspects he is not a Conversative, perhaps a Republican and maybe even a RINO.
+
*Kodos*
post 8.Mar.2006, 06:00 PM
Post #18

Roy...

Trifficant is a monument to all things slimy.

I'm a registered Democrat (because I like to vote in the Primaries). I'm actually a Moderate/Centrist. Just waiting it out for a viable third party option that can address social issues without draining the coffers. Dock, believe it or not, is more of a Libertarian.

Regardless of what the media says, I am uncomfortable with the reclassification of documents. I think it was Bush's handling of that that rattles me the most. Not sure if it was meant to serve as a "middle-finger" to the Clinton Administration or what... Maybe he was just trying to say there's a new sheriff in town. Who knows. It just makes me worried.

You should really try to catch Hardball on Friday. I think I'm going to pass up happy hour to make sure I'm hope for it. I like Chris Matthews. It's provacative tv. He's probably one of the only pundits that doesn't have a particular slant. His brother may be a Republican...but he's a Montgomery County Republican. Back home, most of the folks in Montgomery County are registered Republican...regardless of their habits.
+
*Taking A Break*
post 8.Mar.2006, 09:44 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (RoyE)
You've been very wrong to think that.

Dude, it was sarcasm. :wink:

Believe me, I don't think that neo-cons are in any way true representations of the conservative ideology. I just find it sad that they've managed to convince enough people that they are...and that some people still don't see that they're not, even now...
+
Roy E
post 8.Mar.2006, 10:45 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Married_A_Swede)
Dude, it was sarcasm. :wink:

k. you got me. biggrin.gif
+
*Taking A Break*
post 8.Mar.2006, 11:35 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (RoyE)
k. you got me. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

While I don't agree with a lot of the conservative agenda, I respect it. The same cannot be said of the dishonest policies of the neo-cons.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: