The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Swedish Property Valuation Websites

Is there one?

Maggie Malay
post 13.Aug.2011, 09:36 AM
Post #1

The UK website www.zoopla.co.uk gives current valuations for UK properties. I know - 'property valuation' is not an exact science, but zoopla can give some idea what your property may be worth.

Is there such a website for Swedish property? I'm not talking here about the 'slutpris' following a sale, (which you can get on booli.se) but current valuations.

Thanks, in advance, for any replies
Go to the top of the page
+
Streja
post 13.Aug.2011, 11:05 AM
Post #2

https://www.sbab.se/2/privat/guider/guider/vardeguiden.html
+
Johno
post 13.Aug.2011, 11:09 AM
Post #3

You have lost me. What is the value of a property if not what it sells for ? The only other value is the Taxeringsvärdet where the byggnadsvärde is part of it. But comparing with the UK this is like rateable value or whatever it is now called, which is only a notional price on which council services are charged but not particularly related to "value". You see these included with details on properties for sale or if you want to know on a property you might be interested in, from Lantmateriet. If you havent told fibs (common) these are based on your declaration of the amenities done every few years.
+
Streja
post 13.Aug.2011, 11:10 AM
Post #4

The sbab site gives the op the info she wants. It is only an indication of value. Of course it might be worth more depending on many factors when it is sold.
+
Maggie Malay
post 13.Aug.2011, 11:17 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Streja @ 13.Aug.2011, 11:05 AM) *

Appreciate the reply. The link doesn't work for me. I typed in the address details correctly, but the site replies "Vi saknar information om adressen"
+
Frank Arbach
post 13.Aug.2011, 11:51 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Maggie Malay @ 13.Aug.2011, 09:36 AM) *
The UK website www.zoopla.co.uk gives current valuations for UK properties. I know - 'property valuation' is not an exact science, but zoopla can give some idea what y ... (show full quote)

Why not contact a few fastighetsförmedling 'bods' and get valuations from them?

After all - as Johno has pointed out - the property is only really worth what you can get for it when you sell it.

Haven't tried to sell a house yet myself, but I've been told by a local agent that you can go to any number of estate agents, explain you want to sell, and they will do a free valuation. (I'm also told that in other circumstances, like a mortgage valuation, you might have to pay for the valuation)

I wouldn't necessarily place too much faith on website valuations, where nobody has visited your property, and nobody knows that its the 'bees knees' laugh.gif

Best of luck!
+
David S
post 13.Aug.2011, 11:54 AM
Post #7

Link worked for me, but painful to use form, and when I finally worked it out it had no information at all on our central stockholm apartment, despite the fact there have been a dozen apartments sold just within my BRF in the last couple of years.

Couldn't even find the address of the house we're buying

So pretty crappy site in my experience so far!

Real estate valuations are free for verbal ones, you have to pay for a written one.

Valuations we've received on our apartment have varied by more than 25% from lowest to highest, so obviously quite a lot of guesswork going on there too smile.gif
+
Streja
post 13.Aug.2011, 12:02 PM
Post #8

It worked for me but as I was putting in the details it sid they were having technical problems so maybe that is why.
+
Streja
post 13.Aug.2011, 12:03 PM
Post #9

By the way, just type in www.sbab.se, then follow the links for värdering.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 13.Aug.2011, 01:15 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Maggie Malay @ 13.Aug.2011, 10:36 AM) *
The UK website www.zoopla.co.uk gives current valuations for UK properties. I know - 'property valuation' is not an exact science, but zoopla can give some idea what y ... (show full quote)

Booli offers this too for some property. I think it is called värderobot. It uses the final selling prices for similar properties in similar areas.

Property is only worth what people pay for it, so the true property valuation is exactly the final selling price.
+
Mib
post 13.Aug.2011, 01:42 PM
Post #11

Zoopla like any valuation site is at best a guess, based on previous sold prices and maybe some other factors and at worst useless. I just checked prices for where I lived. It was a new development of only 6 houses and my old next door neighbours house which is exactly the same as my old house is valued 10K less than mine. Mine was semi and one of the others is terraced and that is currently valued at £25K more than my old one.

So, if you're selling you can only base it on the current market, recent sales and the quality of the interior. Prices here are normally based on per sqm, which makes it easier to compare. Estate agents here either price at a big discount to generate interest to push the price above the market price or price correctly. However, there are too many factors involved and the best way is to go to loads of viewings...see how many people turn up/ signed the interest form and monitor the bidding.
+
Maggie Malay
post 13.Aug.2011, 02:46 PM
Post #12

Thanks for all the replies! If our future house sales generates as many bids, as replies here, we''ll be very happy smile.gif
Don't think Zoopla is just a guess. This is what their website says they base their estimates on:

previous sold prices for the specific property and recent transactions nearby
changes in the market values to similar properties of that type in the local area
the various characteristics of the property in question and those around it
current asking prices for specific properties and others in the local area
the size of the property in question relative to those around it
the current values of comparable properties

As I said earlier, I know its not an exact science to value a property - and its hardly 'rocket science' to know that the true value is the selling price. All I wanted was some kind of ''starting point' in planning how much we might get for our present property, and therefore what our budget might allow us to buy next. Bit late to do that after the property is sold for a million SEKs less than what you were looking for.

Disappointed that the Swedish websites I've visited - I can't find such info for our property. Guess we'll have to follow advice from Frank Ar and contact estate agents
+
Streja
post 13.Aug.2011, 02:59 PM
Post #13

Maggie, it didn't work for you? I got an email sent to me with an evaluation.
+
Maggie Malay
post 13.Aug.2011, 04:29 PM
Post #14

The website just does not recognise my address - no matter how its entered.

Perhaps it really doesn't exist and I've been living in a virtual reality house for the last few years...?
+
Streja
post 13.Aug.2011, 04:38 PM
Post #15

PM me your address and let me have a look.

Is it a newbuild?
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: