The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

How to change a contract with Com Hem

Changing a cable TV subscription

faithfulguy
post 14.Apr.2009, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Hi locallers,

I had a subscription with COMHEM in January 09. I think what seems to be a happy moment is now turning into a rip off.

I got the contract from the on-off shop. I asked that i wanted to get all the channels. The attendant suggested i go in for Large and i will get all channels. I was happy for the first 2 weeks, as i could watch all the sports channels. Then after that all i have is cartoon network, disney world and all these crappy channels. Secondly i was not informed it was only going to last 2 weeks. Wwhat was more painful, i was asked to pay two months subscription fee at a go. i though that was rediculous.

Several attempts to let COMHEM alter my subscription has been treated with a pinch of salt or has fallen on deaf ears. I do not want to cancel the whole subscription but now i want MEDIUM+Favourite+viasat football. This is even going to cost more than b4, but COMHEM remains adamant.

I refused to pay the march invoice an i was reported to one 'stupid credit organization'. i have paid the march invoice now but refused to pay the fee for the credit organization.

I am really getting fustrated about the swedish customer service( some are good though).

Please can anyone help? Anyine done is b4? Can i report them? where? will action be taken? Can i cancel my contract totally?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
Essingen
post 14.Apr.2009, 01:40 PM
Post #2

It isn't obvious from your mail what has happened after the two week period. However, if you don't pay the fee for the credit agency you are going to get yourself into a mess. My advise is to pay it.
+
faithfulguy
post 16.Apr.2009, 10:21 AM
Post #3

Customer service in Sweden is a disgrace. Thats all i can say.

No words can describe the deplorable state of swedish customer service- full of robots and no intelligence. I am sorry i have to come to this conclusion. But that is it.

My advice is to be careful with their contracts and service. Is a complete rip off and abuse of the consumer.
+
sodafox
post 16.Apr.2009, 11:02 AM
Post #4

Hi Faithfulguy,

Unfortunately the reason you were given the 2 weeks of extra channels was to get you interested in getting a bigger package... we had this also when we first got comhem as well.

There's not a lot you can do with getting out of the contract unless you can prove that the person who sold you the package gave you the wrong information... which it appears that they did.
Even this can be hard as swedish companies are notoriously difficult to deal with.

As with the previous advice, pay the fees as requested otherwise the next 3 years will be a financial hell here... You will recieve black marks on your credit history and will not be able to get anything on credit... not even a mobile phone contract.

Pay the TV licence also if they send you an invoice... this can get you into deep water with credit agencies also... I know from experience!

Sorry to hear that you have had these bad experiences but this is a normal and unfortunate byproduct of living here in Sweden.

Lycka till!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: