The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >   Reply to this topic

The misery of trying to find apartment in sweden

But everybody seems happy.

Uncle Fred
post 11.Mar.2019, 06:51 PM
Post #241

You must like writing to yourself, because no one else is listening to your fake news.
Go to the top of the page
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 14.Mar.2019, 04:48 PM
Post #242

The tenant association criticizes housing sites.

Due to the lack of rentals many companies take advantage of desperate people to charge for viewing rental ads that are available on other free sites like blocket and others.

There are lots of online housing sites that charge for residential ads. However, in many cases the same ads are completely free of charge on, for example, Blocket or at the municipal housing company.
- As long as we have a housing shortage, it is a big problem and will be growing, says Simon Brehmer, negotiator at the tenant association.

There are lots of cheap and central rental apartments on the sites, where housing seekers can get the impression that they can quickly get in touch with the landlord - if they pay a membership fee.

However, in many cases, the housing seeker is instead transferred to the property owner's site and instead has to queue there.

Simon Brehmer believes that many of the sites work with unclear terms and short debits where money, for example, is drawn weekly.

- It is because you have to be involved or lulled in it. It is enough that you forget to cancel it in one or two weeks so you have started to pay, he says.

According to Brehmer, it is important for the homeowner to try to get an idea of ​​the site seems serious and be vigilant about whether the website requires that you sign some form of agreement that costs money.

- In Jönköping there is only one housing agency that is serious and it is those called the housing register. Then most landlords convey apartments themselves on their pages, he says.

Jonatan Hjälte, CEO of Bostadsregistret, is also familiar with these sites.

- If you go in and check on the pages then it is likely that you will find our apartments and Vätterhems apartments. This means that they have picked ads and sells information. That information is free, you need to go to two websites and then you have it, he says.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/jonkoping...som-saljer-luft
+
Svedallas
post 14.Mar.2019, 05:19 PM
Post #243

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 11.Mar.2019, 06:38 PM) *
The lack of housing in sweden have been long since 2009 with same issues, same black market and same wide spread scams.Blog written by a Spaniard in 2010. Same issues as in 20 ... (show full quote)

No the problem is clear.
No one wants to rent to YOU.

You just sound nuts!
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 14.Mar.2019, 06:03 PM
Post #244

Uppsala, population 149,245.

More 100,000 people wait in the queue of uppsala for a rental.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/uppsala/b...-om-tva-manader

Despite most cities in sweden have a population of 90,000 or less lack of rentals is widespread. here another example of the massive lack of rentals.

Azad Görecegiz is worried about his future. Today he is inherent, but in a few months he is forced out.
At Uppsala housing agency we meet him.

The county administrative board in Uppsala has called Boverkets housing market survey 2018 answered by the country's municipalities, and it is the municipalities in Uppsala county that themselves testify to an imbalance.

At Uppsala housing brokerage the picture is reinforced by the fact that there is a large number who do not have and therefore seek housing. According to the Communications Manager Tala Raha at Uppsala housing agency, the queue time for a rental property is between a couple of months up to 20 years. On average, it takes almost eight years to get an apartment, and today more than 100,000 people are in the queue to Uppsala housing agency. Last year, about 9,000 homes were relayed.

Azad Görecegiz does not get together the intensive housing construction in recent years, with the housing shortage prevailing in Uppsala. Soon he will get rid of his home and have to find a new one.

For five years he has been in housing queue, he says, without having received an offer that fits.
+
Uncle Fred
post 14.Mar.2019, 06:26 PM
Post #245

I told you before this is a discussion forum and not a complaining forum, how shut up and go away.

P.S. Learn to write in English.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 14.Mar.2019, 07:09 PM
Post #246

I am discussing the lack of housing in sweden, please stay on topic and don't spam this thread with smooth insults and attacking my grammar.

If you are butt hurt because I am exposing your corrupt housing system then deal with it.
But please stop acting in a passive aggressive way spamming this thread because you have no power to censor anybody.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 14.Mar.2019, 10:05 PM
Post #247

A person here has done a masterful job of exposing the horrors of the Swedish rental system...However he has not been recognized as a champion of the apartment seekers or anyone here...I wonder why???
+
Apache001
post 26.Mar.2019, 10:38 AM
Post #248

@Pepito you are doing a very good job and I’m sure the authorities are paying attention and hopefully we will start to witness the change we desire in the society.

Nothing wrong in complaining about a moribund housing sector. Do not pay any attention to the usual bullies.
+
Great Scott
post 26.Mar.2019, 11:34 AM
Post #249

QUOTE (Apache001 @ 26.Mar.2019, 10:38 AM) *
@Pepito you are doing a very good job and I’m sure the authorities are paying attention and hopefully we will start to witness the change we desire in the society.Nothing wr ... (show full quote)

You say Pepito is being bullied, but lets be honest this is not the place to moan about what Pepito is calling a housing crisis.
We all know there is a shortage of housing in Sweden and is due to many reasons, lack of building and immigration are two reasons.
Private Swedish housing companies are also reluctant to rent out to foreigners.
I believe many posters are also upset because Pepito has called them names such as racists and neo nazis, this can be very annoying when others are trying to understand Peptio.
Peptio has other options to consider like buying for example.
And if Peptio really has an issue maybe a visit to the local kommun may be a benefit, a little research there may help.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 22.Apr.2019, 04:39 PM
Post #250

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotte...as-bo-pa-hotell

The housing shortage in Kiruna hits hard against Ellen Öberg, a single three-year-old mother. For the weekend, the family is forced to go into a hotel and then split into different accommodation right up to the Easter holidays.

After the hotel accommodation on Monday, the children go to their fathers and I move in temporarily with a colleague who lives in a small one, says Ellen Öberg.
Ellen and her three children go against an uncertain future when it comes to their accommodation in the housing shortage Kiruna. The reason is that her second-hand contract on the apartment is now expiring.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 22.Apr.2019, 04:43 PM
Post #251

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/ost/bosta...ostgotakommuner

For the first time: housing shortage in all östgöta municipalities

For the first time, there is now a shortage of housing in all municipalities in Östergötland at the same time. Despite the construction boom in recent years, according to the county administrative board, 10,000 new homes would be needed in the county.

There is now also a shortage of housing in Kinda and Valdemarsvik's municipalities. It shows the statistics that the county administrative board is currently collecting.
+
bonviveur
post 23.Apr.2019, 06:05 AM
Post #252

there is shortage of government regulated renting places, which are at the cheap price, so everybody wants that. If one is prepared to pay market price there is plently of choice I believe.
moderators should adjust name of the thread, othervice some people after reading it will think that there is no rental places at all.
+
LimpingNinja
post 16.May.2019, 06:17 AM
Post #253

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 14.Mar.2019, 11:19 AM) *
No the problem is clear.. No one wants to rent to you! You just sound nuts!

QUOTE (bonviveur @ 23.Apr.2019, 12:05 AM) *
there is shortage of government regulated renting places, which are at the cheap price, so everybody wants that. If one is prepared to pay market price there is plently of cho ... (show full quote)

I concur.

I just immigrated to Sweden. I came to Sweden on a house hunting trip before moving to Sweden. 2 weeks early in fact; and I was in an apartment when I made My move. During my trip I saw well over 10 apartments that were 3-bedroom (4-5 room) even though this is a hard thing to find kn Stockholm. One was even a free standing house in the city for rent - all of them were market price which is high but not high in comparison to US cities of the same size.

Market price is not very affordable for a single income earner; but it is not also out of reach: Choose the right location (if you want city center then pay for it, otherwise move further out - transportation is fine).
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 20.Jul.2019, 05:37 PM
Post #254

http://treromogkjokken.no/2017/12/11/why-s...s-here-to-stay/

Needless to say the queues and black market affects the entire country not just the capital. 1 Million people nation wide wait in the queue system for a long term contract while many who cannot buy live in short term accommodation with short term contracts that only last 1 year in most cases.

From the article.

This housing crisis has plagued the Swedish capital for more than a decade, but is now starting to seep across the rest of the Nordic nation. According to National Board of Housing, Building and Planning (Boverket) a record 88% of municipalities are now reporting a shortage . Nine in 10 Swedes live in a municipality in crisis.

The average waiting time for a first-hand contract in Stockholm is now 10.8 years on average, with that figure rising to more 23.2 years for expensive inner city areas.

In small towns average waiting time is 3-4 years.

Those who have the right connections within the black market can avoid the queue altogether and get their hands on a first-hand rental contract, so long as they don’t mind shelling out upward of $220,000 for the privilege. The purchaser of the first-hand contract will have usually factored into their decision that they’ll be able to make their money back by charging above-market rental prices to sublet.

This is what fuels the phenomenon that sees most residents in Swedish cities move from place to place. Unless you have the money to pay a bribe on the black market or buy an apartment, your only option is to take on a second-hand contract which, due to regulations, can only last between 1 – 2 years.

So yes, most people who are waiting for the long term rental, they live in short term subletting contracts that last 1 year at best. So just imagine having to move every 6 months to a year to another apartment.

here are also some restrictions regarding charges for subletting, but it doesn’t seem to have stopped rental costs from skyrocketing for those shooting for a second-hand contract who would do just about anything to put a roof over their head. As the process is technically illegal, there aren’t figures to establish just how the mark-up is, but some sources say up to three times higher than the original rental cost of the first-hand contract. Yet very few house-hunters report the extortionate prices because it’s now become the norm.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 13.Sep.2019, 02:34 PM
Post #255

Sweden has achieved a new goal.
1 Million people nation wide waiting for long term rentals!.

But the only thing we hear on international news about sweden is the new self proclaimed leader of the world, Greta thunberg who has stepped thanks to the support of swedish investors. In the mean while people in sweden cannot find rentals!.
Sweden has obviously their priorities well set!... or maybe it's all planned?.

https://omni.se/storstadernas-bostadsko-nar...miljon/a/qL7Jqe

At present, 998,000 people are in the housing queues in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. The number has increased by 70,000 in just one year, a review by SvD shows.

Housing Stockholm CEO Christer Edfeldt believes that the queue time for an apartment in Greater Stockholm - 10.4 years - is still leveling out. He also sees it as positive that the number of applicants per apartment is no longer increasing. On average, 300 people search every vacant apartment.

Maria Meyer-Martins, CEO of Boplats Göteborg, warns instead of a housing social crisis.

- The worst thing is that even the housing applicants who are completely without contracts increase quite a lot, she tells SvD.
+

18 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: