Reply to this topic

Buying a EU residence permit

Any EU countries where you can do this?

post 30.Dec.2012, 10:44 AM
Post #1
Joined: 28.Nov.2012

An associate of mine would like to invest in my business, but the rules for him to come here is a lot of hassle. He has to show a business plan, marketing plan, 1 year of waiting time to maybe get an approval etc.

I've read there are quite a few EU countries which sell citizenship, residence permit etc. if you invest some money there.

Are there specifically any countries where you can get EU residence permit in exchange for investing?

Any tips would be great.
Go to the top of the page
post 30.Dec.2012, 11:04 AM
Post #2
Location: Stockholm
Joined: 2.Aug.2011

Can't he come over on a tourist or business visa?

It is not going to be considerably easier to obtain a residence permit based on investment in any other country either. I mean, your lazy friend will have to argue for his business/investment case, document things, wait for approval, etc. There is no way around it...

Go to the top of the page
post 30.Dec.2012, 11:45 AM
Post #3
Location: Europe
Joined: 28.Oct.2008

Doesn't Estonia or Latvia offer some sort of EU residency deal?
Go to the top of the page
post 30.Dec.2012, 12:38 PM
Post #4
Joined: 15.Sep.2010

You can buy your way into europe through spain, portugal, ireland or hungary investment properties scheme for as little as 130k pounds.

In Australia, they have a similar scheme called the Significant Investor Visa for a cool AUD$5 million investment.
Go to the top of the page
post 30.Dec.2012, 01:00 PM
Post #5
Joined: 9.Nov.2012

Your friend can try this:

It's easier to get local citizenship and local residence permit. You have to read the fine print though about whether or not they give you a permanent eu residence permit that applies for the entire EU.
Go to the top of the page
post 30.Dec.2012, 06:44 PM
Post #6
Joined: 5.Jul.2012

It would seem that everything has its price.
Go to the top of the page
post 31.Dec.2012, 11:23 AM
Post #7
Joined: 2.Jul.2011

Invest or buy a property and get residency rights which ultimately leads to Citizenship.
Buy a property for 50 000 Lats (around 70 000 Euroes) and can just live in the property which you buy.
Go to the top of the page
post 1.Jan.2013, 10:54 PM
Post #8
Joined: 22.Nov.2011

OP, there is no such thing as an EU Residency Permit, all residency permits are restricted to the Member State that they were issued in. Having an EU Residency in say Finland, does not give you the right to be a resident in any other EU Member State, though you can travel there for a limited period.

Even as a Long term resident, or citizen of the EU, if your friend wants to invest in your business and become a resident in Sweden, they have to still apply for Right of Residence, and can indeed be rejected, though less likely than if just applying direct to Sweden as non-EU.
Go to the top of the page
post 2.Jan.2013, 08:23 AM
Post #9
Joined: 19.Oct.2010

It's possible in the UK, called something like high net worth investors visa.
Go to the top of the page
post 23.Jul.2013, 09:51 PM
Post #10
Joined: 23.Jul.2013

The Greek law offers residence permits to third-country citizens (non-EU citizens) and their family members, who buy property in Greece, the value of which equals or exceeds 250,000 Euros.

Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


3,458 Jobs
Click here to start your job search

Popular articles