The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

35 different second-hand homes in 10 years

The reality for those who can't have first-hand

pepitoAndalucia
post 24.Feb.2019, 04:46 PM
Post #1

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/efter-35...ne-fatt-ett-hem

"After 35 different second-hand homes, Caroline has got a home"

"She(Caroline) has moved around in second-hand apartments or rooms along all the commuter trains to get somewhere to live with her son. In total, she expects it to have 35 different addresses in ten years."

"- I have lived in Knivsta, Märsta, Haninge, Västerhaninge, Rågsved, Hammarbyhöjden. Yes, there are several places in Märsta.
She has been in a queue since she was 18 and has a permanent job as a waitress but it has not been enough to get either a rent or a loan to buy a home."

"- I have not been able to save, I was single and would pay food and often very high rent. When it was the worst, my son often said "When should we move again now, Mom? Can I unpack my toys? ”You never know when you can move again. You are constantly looking for a new accommodation."

"- Everyone wants money, everyone wants to have as much as possible. Last time when I paid 10,000 a month in Upplands Väsby, for a one in 27 square. Then I felt that now it must be enough, after all, others will come after me, now I register them to the Renting Committee. But the energy was not there."

"But then, when Caroline had almost given up, she finally got a first-hand contract through a friend who lives with a private host."

This story might sound extreme, but this is the average life for those who can't afford to buy or haven't been lucky enough to get a first hand contract.
She was born here and despite sweden having the highest taxes in the world, this system cannot provide her with stable accommodation so she can live a normal life.

Now just imagine an immigrant who doesn't know the system and doesn't have the money to buy an apartment. Do you really think that immigrant can compete and last in a country that systematically makes his/her life impossible by making him/her having to move to new overpriced accommodation 3 times a year?!.
Go to the top of the page
+
wallace1837
post 24.Feb.2019, 04:59 PM
Post #2

Now people will post on this thread that Swedish housing is not dysfunctional. Welcome to denial land.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 24.Feb.2019, 07:44 PM
Post #3

Funny how my English friend has been in a queue in Stockholm for 10 years and got a place, 2 room 57 sq/m for 6.500kr a month 1st hand.

Admittedly it isn't in the best place for him (Viksjö in Jakosbberg) but it can be done.

I have been in different lists in Stockholm for 15 years and I am in the top 10 of lots of places under 10.000kr.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 24.Feb.2019, 10:20 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 24.Feb.2019, 05:59 PM) *
Now people will post on this thread that Swedish housing is not dysfunctional. Welcome to denial land.

The whole problem continues and grows bigger each year because this is a very abnormal country in the way they tackle problems.

But at least they posted it on svt which is quite surprising, because they even showed the real deal about second-hand contracts which about that lady is pretty much the lives of most people in that situation. And everybody should know including abroad because it's shameful.

What amazes me is the passivity and the acknowledgement by many swedes as if it was a normal thing, when the reality is it is not.

Second hand contracts are misery and stress and you live short term until you get tired and leave the country, it's a trap and the system only offers queues or buy. lucky me my country doesn't work like that. Even though some ppl in this forum had tried to mislead and say otherwise.
+
skogsbo
post 24.Feb.2019, 10:26 PM
Post #5

Or you can take control and just buy? What percentage of Sweden's population are actually homeless?

Ps. As I've said, just because someone is on a list, doesn't mean they don't already own a house and left their name on it etc.. and they aren't homeless.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 24.Feb.2019, 10:37 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 24.Feb.2019, 11:26 PM) *
Or you can take control and just buy?

So you admit... That's their goal with second hand rentals... ;-) Force people to take a loan and buy an apartment. I knew that from the first 3 months I lived in sweden. It's so... dishonest.

That's why the silence about the subject and almost nobody explains what second-hand contracts are.

That is what we call outside sweden a... MONOPOLY ;-)

In Spain no second-hand market, no black market, no queues of 10 years. FREE MARKET.

Excuses, excuses to promote an agenda ;-).

This is a very repressive system.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Feb.2019, 10:56 PM
Post #7

Spain sounds like a wonderful country!!!
+
wallace1837
post 25.Feb.2019, 02:16 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 24.Feb.2019, 10:26 PM) *
Or you can take control and just buy? What percentage of Sweden's population are actually homeless? Ps. As I've said, just because someone is on a list, doesn't me ... (show full quote)

Still confuse between homelessness and dysfunctional housing system. This thread is about dysfunctional housing system in Sweden.
+
skogsbo
post 25.Feb.2019, 06:46 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 25.Feb.2019, 01:16 AM) *
Still confuse between homelessness and dysfunctional housing system. This thread is about dysfunctional housing system in Sweden.

But if people are not homeless it is working despite over a million refugees and eu migrant workers arriving in the last few years.

There is no plan to force people to buy but it is logical step a person can take, but taking responsibility for themselves. Just because someone in the EU decides to leave their amazing homeland for rubbish sweden, why is it suddenly the Swedish states problem to house them?
+
skogsbo
post 25.Feb.2019, 06:48 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 24.Feb.2019, 09:37 PM) *
So you admit... That's their goal with second hand rentals... ;-) Force people to take a loan and buy an apartment. I knew that from the first 3 months I lived in sweden. ... (show full quote)

You don't know the meaning of a monopoly do you?
+
bonviveur
post 25.Feb.2019, 07:32 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 24.Feb.2019, 10:37 PM) *
So you admit... That's their goal with second hand rentals... ;-) Force people to take a loan and buy an apartment. I knew that from the first 3 months I lived in sweden. ... (show full quote)

does Spain supply housing to people by government public companys , I do not think so. you should not compare these countrys then
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Feb.2019, 08:49 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 25.Feb.2019, 07:48 AM) *
You don't know the meaning of a monopoly do you?

Absolutely, I live in sweden!.

QUOTE (bonviveur @ 25.Feb.2019, 08:32 AM) *
does Spain supply housing to people by government public companys , I do not think so. you should not compare these countrys then

-In Spain we don't have queues for rentals,

-We don't have second hand rentals as in sweden meaning generaly speaking people don't have to move 3 times a year like the lady in that article. That is the average in sweden, having to move 3 times a year and even more times.

- We don't have black market for rentals as sweden does.

Sweden is a staged system the thing is it's starting to become obvious that this will lead to a disaster.

Sweden is a very closed country and their housing system is a reflection of it.

But sweden has one big advantage Spain doesn't. International mass media will never report in depth what's actually happening in sweden. Only vague references.

What's happening in sweden is a disaster but they have a well controlled society that will never ask the hard questions or simply pretend nothing is happening. We don't have that in Spain.

Sweden is denial and excuses but no solution because they don't want to fix it because it's a bussiness model it's a premeditated system meant to force people take a loan and buy. But this farce will not last forever.

But you come here with your scandinavian mindset ready to make excuses. That's typical of this culture. Always excuses. But everybody knows the consequences and people look the other way.
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Feb.2019, 09:01 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (wallace1837 @ 25.Feb.2019, 03:16 AM) *

The scandinavian way in general is to make excuses or downplay the problem... Or blame others.
They know this will never make international news, that's why they keep doing it.

Sweden is pro at looking the other way, 20 years from now there will still be queues... and no economy because their economic boom will not last forever. They are super expensive and out there many countries can do most of what they do for less money and less fika.

Just look at them everyday, nobody cares about anything. Super mega passive culture always looking themselves in the mirror believing they are special just because they get overpaid.

Sweden is the clear example of better be lucky than good. And the reason why are so protective is because they know if housing was easy then they will be invaded by a ton of people who don't need 3 fikas a day and 3 vacations a year and will work for less money.
When you live in a country where of 350,000 unemployed... 250,000 are immigrants... Then someone is not taking immigrants seriously.

Swedes play the role of humanitarian but their housing system is the most inhumane in Europe. I tell my friends in Spain and they can't believe what I tell them. In the mean while the average swede lives in denial world or simply silence.

In the meanwhile international media will continue to spread a completely distorted image of sweden where everybody is happy and life is easy. Fake world cannot last forever.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Feb.2019, 09:11 PM
Post #14

+
pepitoAndalucia
post 26.Feb.2019, 09:49 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 26.Feb.2019, 10:11 PM) *

Best of all..

- No queues for rentals.
- No second hand rentals.
- No black market where people have to pay for rentals.
- No denial and fake people pretending everybody is happy.
- No emotionally repressed individuals who get red faced because I make a critic about their country.
- No arrogant women who occupy both seats on the bus so you can't sit next to them.
- No monopoly where your life in overly controlled whether you buy food or meds and big brother always watching like in sweden and over obsessed with controlling people.
- In Spain you can... shout, laugh, be yourself, make unappropriated comments, make crazy jokes without people looking at you as something awkward. Yes BE YOURSELF, incredible right!?. make eye contact with women without having to see awkward/arrogant panic faces like in sweden.
- No more robots who downplay real problems, make excuses and insult your intelligence or simply look the other way giving false excuses to problems that even a 4 year old kid could see.
- FREEDOM to be yourself. Yes that unknown in "we are the best" sweden where everybody is mind controlled.
- Excellent, affordable, Healthy REAL FOOD. Yeah never seen such thing since I arrived in "Best country on earth" AKA sweden.

Cons.

Unemployment.

The only good thing sweden has is getting paid €2000+ for doing any job. THAT'S IT. You read it?. THAT'S IT.

If people wouldn't get paid €2000+ a month in sweden then not even santa claus or anybody in their right mind would want to live here.
+

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: