The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Trip to China

Flights from Stockholm to Beijing and...

smaximo
post 11.Nov.2014, 02:21 PM
Post #1

Hi guys,
Me and the girlfriend are thinking on taking a trip to China next year for about 2 weeks and some questions are starting to arouse on what to do.
First my first idea is to start from Beijing and then go south and visit the Lijiang region maybe. I am not fully sure on what to see along the way, if it's better to take trains or local flights. But right now I am just checking for flights to China and from, so any suggestions and tips would be welcomed.
Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
kokoko
post 11.Nov.2014, 03:59 PM
Post #2

Open google maps and check the distance from Beijing to Lijiang. I don't think the train is reasonable choice for such distance.

Finnair (and maybe others, dunno) flies to Chongqing and/or Chengdu. Those are relatively nearer to Lijiang.

I haven't heard of Lijiang. But if you google for Yunnan or Kunming (Yunnan's capital) you can see about the natural beauty (mountains, etc.). Actually, I just googled to find this famous gorge, turns out it's in Lijiang. So, yeah, probably that's something you knew. I haven't been there, but I am also interested in going.

For domestic flights; Spring Airlines is a low-cost carrier that doesn't show up on some search engines.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: