The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
23 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 14.Jun.2018, 08:56 PM
Post #31

It's nice to see so many people, who agree with this thread, I'm sure it makes your life easier...

Or does it???
Go to the top of the page
+
parfume1
post 14.Jun.2018, 10:28 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (pepitoAndalucia @ 14.Jun.2018, 08:52 PM) *
The most striking thing is, if you check other forums about other countries, you will never see so many people complaining about the same subjects as it is about sweden.You ar ... (show full quote)

Yes you are right. I actually checked other expat forums and most questions were about bureaucracy and visas not people wondering why people in that country behave in such a way and I checked both rich and poor countries. That just shows how alien Swedes are compared to everyone else.

This forum is very good for people wanting to move here falling for all the hype. It's a good country for parents because they don't have to work I mean most parents to young kids take out countless VAB days and föräldraledig days. That's the praise you here about the country not that they are friendly, outgoing and cultured. And like someone else pointed out it's good to be wary of Swedes who are overly friendly to you that means they want something from you! That is something many expats will discover. Interesting to see how many people point out the same things week after week and the pro Swedes think we are ungrateful whingers!
+
Bsmith
post 14.Jun.2018, 10:46 PM
Post #33

If Sweden is so bad, why are there so many people trying to move there? Is is just the freebies?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Jun.2018, 12:38 AM
Post #34

You must mean the cheap, good for nothing things, like a free education...Don't you???
+
SmokerT69
post 15.Jun.2018, 01:04 AM
Post #35

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 14.Jun.2018, 11:46 PM) *
If Sweden is so bad, why are there so many people trying to move there? Is is just the freebies?

Well, in my case it was because my wife wanted our kids to grow up around her family. It's her mum's first grandchildren. Her entire family lives in our general area. My family is spread all over the world as we're British, Astralian, Kiwis, Canadian and Bermudian. So they just visit us here during holidays. It's not like we left the beautiful, tropical paradise of Bermuda with its pink sand beaches because it was a horrible place to live lol.

And what freebies are you speaking of? As far as I know, if EU citizens try to claim any kind of benifits we get deported? At least that's what I've been led to believe. I've been here for over a year and haven't taken a dime from anyone. Aren't benifits only for Swedes and illegal economic migrants, oh crap, I mean "refugees".
+
Bsmith
post 15.Jun.2018, 03:47 AM
Post #36

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 15.Jun.2018, 12:04 AM) *
Aren't benifits only for Swedes and illegal economic migrants, oh crap, I mean "refugees".

You mean gimmegrants...
+
Svedallas
post 15.Jun.2018, 08:41 AM
Post #37

QUOTE (SmokerT69 @ 15.Jun.2018, 02:04 AM) *
Well, in my case it was because my wife wanted our kids to grow up around her family. It's her mum's first grandchildren. Her entire family lives in our general area. ... (show full quote)

Economic migrants indeed! We're all tired of it.

This year elections will make history!
+
Cheeseroller
post 15.Jun.2018, 09:10 AM
Post #38

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 15.Jun.2018, 09:41 AM) *
This year elections will make history!

Bit late though don't you think? The immigration tide has pretty much stopped, so what will any politician do now to improve the situation? Reduce welfare as one politician suggested? Watch the crime increase even further!
+
SmokerT69
post 15.Jun.2018, 09:15 AM
Post #39

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 15.Jun.2018, 10:10 AM) *
Bit late though don't you think? The immigration tide has pretty much stopped, so what will any politician do now to improve the situation? Reduce welfare as one politicia ... (show full quote)

Deporting the refugees is a start. They can start with the 9000 denied refugees they just gave amnesty too.

I wouldn't say its stopped either, it might have slowed down. But didn't Sweden take almost 30,000 more refugees in the last year? It's not as bad as the years before, but that's still a lot for such a small population.
+
Svedallas
post 15.Jun.2018, 09:37 AM
Post #40

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 15.Jun.2018, 10:10 AM) *
Bit late though don't you think? The immigration tide has pretty much stopped, so what will any politician do now to improve the situation? Reduce welfare as one politicia ... (show full quote)

Very Very late.

Welfare is one. But also, they will start kicking people out of SFI after a period of time. But once they do not have money, why don't politicians think that they will not get into crime?

Yes crime is rather confusing of lately. It is either the same gang war with the Eastern Europeans (again), immigrant vs immigrants, on that note TL did not cover the nazi that were protesting outside Tumba school - They have missed a lot of big headlines - how is that for news), and also crime between immigrants. 4 shootings in 3 weeks! Or is it more...

But I think it is not about improving situation, it is just about having a competent leader. Increase in crime, 9000 failed asylum seekers get to stay in Sweden, failed! Which ever party, everyone is pretty much tired of it. And fed up.

There are so many headlines TL is missing - I am only here for the forum. But there has been a lot of Afghans murdering Swedes in news. One who was arrested 18 times - 2 murders, and there was another Afghan who murdered a 89 year old and left her body in the garbage - I quote Aftonbladet for both stories. TL today - how to make delicious reducrrant jelly.

(The local will either use this post to publish a new headline thread, as they usually do or put a receipe up)
+
Saywhatwhat
post 16.Jun.2018, 07:37 AM
Post #41

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 15.Jun.2018, 10:37 AM) *
Very Very late.Welfare is one. But also, they will start kicking people out of SFI after a period of time. But once they do not have money, why don't politicians think tha ... (show full quote)

Well,duh... Sweden has to keep up the image, or the social democrats have to keep up the image, internally and to the international community, that all is well in sweden. Or some headline today that Sweden is the leader in using digital crap in schools. As if that matters or is even something to be proud of. "Our kids are glued to a screen more than anywhere in the world" rejoice!
+
Svedallas
post 16.Jun.2018, 10:20 AM
Post #42

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 16.Jun.2018, 08:37 AM) *
Well,duh... Sweden has to keep up the image, or the social democrats have to keep up the image, internally and to the international community, that all is well in sweden. Or ... (show full quote)

Image for who? TL is not news.

"Can you match these Swedish landmarks?". What the hell.

News - What about the 89 year old who was murdered by an Afghan and found in the soprum?. At least Swedish actual news are doing a much better job.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 16.Jun.2018, 05:24 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 16.Jun.2018, 11:20 AM) *
Image for who? TL is not news."Swedenu match these Swedish landmarks?". What the hell.English, - What about the 89 year old who was murdered by an Afghan and found i ... (show full quote)

Yes, but it's a form of information for non Swedes/ English speakers, internally and externally. When a Google search is done for information on Sweden or news in sweden, in english, thelocal is one of if not the main listings.

So, yes, it is not news, but maybe this forum discusses, tries to, current news, or the "climate" of sweden.
+
Svedallas
post 16.Jun.2018, 07:01 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 16.Jun.2018, 06:24 PM) *
Yes, but it's a form of information for non Swedes/ English speakers, internally and externally. When a Google search is done for information on Sweden or news in sweden, ... (show full quote)

Can you imagine if the really put the real news out there.

And yes, sadly this is the first link to news about Sweden when in English. Such a shame, when it is more like daily mail or new york post type of "news"
+
pepitoAndalucia
post 16.Jun.2018, 10:52 PM
Post #45

The SD will win within this or next elections. Many things are being done simply way too wrong in sweden regarding immigration and that will be translated into the votes.

I feel the people who actually want to work and pay taxes in sweden get punished while the people who come for "free money" get rewarded.
+

23 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: