The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

How to bring my girlfriend to Sweden

and get her permit to stay without interruption

ironman1987
post 29.Jul.2019, 12:13 AM
Post #1

Hi,

I am Swedish and my girlfriend is from the US. We met few months ago in another country and now we want to try and live together in Sweden. She has her distance job so has income to support herself. We know she can come and stay in Sweden for up to 90 days in every 180 days. We are likely to start with that. But then we would like to continue to stay together with minimal interruption. Eventually, apply for sambo visa. But it takes long time to process and how to stay together until then is a big question (I can not leave Sweden due to work) Would it make sense to apply for long term's visitor's permit in the first place?
https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...an-90-days.html

It says you can't have that and apply for sambo at the same time. How do others do when it comes to applying from inside Sweden? What are the options?
How about coming as a student for a 2 year program (so that she gets residence status) and convert to sambo after 6 months (30 ECTS)? Tuition costs quite a lot and there is a fulfilment requirement. If she applies for sambo after completing 30 ECTS, does she need to continue studying? or is it OK to come with a one year program (meaning she won't have a personal number) and convert to sambo from there?

I read some options such as entering and leaving from southern Europe so that you don't get checked with entry and exit dates but it is quite risky to overstay with a 90 day allowing stamp. We wanna do this fully legal and with minimal risk. Another solution we saw was to get a residence permit via a southern European language school. Again it looks vague on paper for when we will apply for sambo.

Please help <3
Go to the top of the page
+
Family_permit
post 30.Jul.2019, 09:28 PM
Post #2

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this in Sweden unlike in USA where your partner can wait for decision within the country.
You guys will unfortunately have to wait and she can come over and stay 90 days (in 180 days).
I would not advise coming illegally or staying over 90 days as she can get 5 years Schengen ban.
That thing with 30etcs points is the only option if you two want to be together as switching from work permit to anknytning is illegal nowadays (from within Sweden) and she can also get Schengen ban.
Another option which is a bit more complicated is where you get a job in some other country in EU and then you bring her there (she would get a permit in 3-6 months and she can live with you) and then together you move to Sweden.
Unfortunately the current situation in Sweden is such that is extremely difficult for Swedish citizens to bring their partners which are from outside EU while it is quite easy to bring your partner to Sweden if you aren’t Swedish citizen. So much about benefits of being Swedish citizen.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Jul.2019, 12:19 AM
Post #3

What about contacting a government agency instead of a web site without experts in Swedish immigration law???

Your own government is the better place to go for help and information, visit the appropriate office in person and find out what you need to know...Yes???
+
Family_permit
post 31.Jul.2019, 07:17 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 31.Jul.2019, 01:19 AM) *
What about contacting a government agency instead of a web site without experts in Swedish immigration law???Your own government is the better place to go for help and informa ... (show full quote)

Not really, they will tell him one thing and do completely different, I had quite a lot of contact with government agency and their “experts”. Also, I went to three(3) different lawyers in Sweden where all of them were quite pricey (so not some cheap crap lawyers) to confirm what I stated above.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 31.Jul.2019, 07:43 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 31.Jul.2019, 01:19 AM) *
What about contacting a government agency instead of a web site without experts in Swedish immigration law???Your own government is the better place to go for help and informa ... (show full quote)

Maybe if you had some business on this forum other than fetishizing Swedish life and Sweden then you would understand why someone would ask questions about concerns facing immigrants and potential immigrants here rather than with the Swedish government...

It has something to do with experience... something of which you have none.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: