The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    Reply to this topic

Planning to apply to a University?

... and speak fluent Swedish?

*living in australia*
post 13.Feb.2012, 07:01 AM
Post #46

You should do a deep research on the website,maybe there is a way for you to skip tuition fees. rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 13.Feb.2012, 07:19 AM
Post #47

you don't pay tuition fees if you already have residence
+
visio
post 19.Apr.2012, 08:31 AM
Post #48

I am going to LUND university in Sweden for higher studies.
+
bobalong
post 19.Apr.2012, 10:20 AM
Post #49

Puffin, I wondered if you knew the answer to this:

A neighbour friend of mine applied to do a summer course via distance learning. He did the Svenska A course and finished before Easter but has not heard about the result yet. He will sit the Svenska B exam next week and was told he will get the result of that on 18th June. Does this mean that he will get the result for the Svenska A on the same day?

Also he had a message that he has not supplied evidence of his Swedish therefore he is "obehörig" for the course he applied for which only starts at the end of June. Does this mean that he will not be offered a place even though he will only get the result on 18th June? Can he appeal by saying he will send the result later? Apparently he sent a mail to them but they have not replied.

I do not know what to say to him as he seems quite upset. I tried looking on the website for info but did not want to give him false info. I found info on normal courses but not for distance learning ones.
+
Puffin
post 19.Apr.2012, 02:03 PM
Post #50

QUOTE (bobalong @ 19.Apr.2012, 11:20 AM) *
Puffin, I wondered if you knew the answer to this:A neighbour friend of mine applied to do a summer course via distance learning. He did the Svenska A course and finished befo ... (show full quote)

He shouls ask his school - schools can issue results whenever they want - unless the course is a course package when all results are are reported on the same day

Also he had a message that he has not supplied evidence of his Swedish therefore he is "obehörig" for the course he applied for which only starts at the end of June. Does this mean that he will not be offered a place even though he will only get the result on 18th June? Can he appeal by saying he will send the result later? Apparently he sent a mail to them but they have not replied.

way too late - many sommar courses have already started by 18 june - I think you have until the end of march to send in new results - the acceptance letters go out next week

he can apply for autumn term starting in august - last date to send in new results is june 21
+
bobalong
post 19.Apr.2012, 02:10 PM
Post #51

Thanks Puffin for the info I will tell him when he rings later. He has gone back to UK to see his folks so I guess he will have to ring the school from there. As far as I know he just took the two courses.
Not sure of the date of the summer course, he just said end of June. Guess he missed out this round.

That's life I guess.
+
Puffin
post 19.Apr.2012, 02:13 PM
Post #52

he could call the Uni and see if they are undersubscribed - sometimes they will allow a late application and let you bring the certificate in Day 1
+
Mahmoud.Suleiman
post 16.Oct.2012, 12:06 PM
Post #53

So a person from outside EU and with two years work permit can/can not enroll in university?
FREE OR NOT FREE THIS IS THE QUESTION!
Let's say I don't have the Swedish language qualifications required at the university, can I apply for studies in English language?
If yes, will they require a TOEFL or IELTS test results?
Am I restricted to certain studies or am I allowed to choose the field at my convenience?
If I am allowed to choose my studies am I required to prove prior degrees of education? I mean studies I've undertaken before moving to Sweden? any specific criteria ( curriculum ) that is a "must have" to be accepted? i.e. Mathematics for example?

An explanation will be highly appreciated. I really want to continue my education in Sweden but I've heard that since I do not have the citizenship I have to pay for my studies and even-more I'm not allowed to apply for Scholarships with my Upphållstillstånd och arbetstillstånd.

I really sound greedy asking all these question so excuse my ignorance.
+
Yorkshireman
post 16.Oct.2012, 12:58 PM
Post #54

There is nothing that says You cannot study when on a work permit. The question is whether You continue working or not and meet the requirements for the work permit itself.

In Sweden by law, if You have been working for the same employer for 6 months or more,You can also request "tjänsteledig" (free from work) for the duration of studies, and there are various provisions in that law where You job can be protected to a degree.

However, in Your case that would not be possible, since you would not be working and therefore no longer meet the work permit conditions.

So, the question is ... can you continue working, even if continuing education, given that you might just have to be at the course during working hours? Would your employer accept that?

You would not have to pay tuition fees, since you are not here on a student permit, though You still need to cover your own living costs.
+
PrincessLea
post 9.Nov.2012, 03:41 PM
Post #55

Puffin,

Wondering if you could help me with a couple of questions, I'll be returning to Sweden in January after living abroad since '96, mostly in Ireland. I'm hoping to study finance at either Lund or Malmo, what would be my best way of applying? I know Hogskoleprovet is the most common way of doing it, but having been out of the country for so long I don't think I'll do very well on it, my Swedish is somewhat poor and my knowledge of Sweden these days is almost non existing! I read something about Reel Kompetens? Or would I be able to actually use my Gymnasie betyg? I've also done a couple of certificate courses while in Ireland.

also, as I will have only just returned to the country, would I be able to get any form of study aid?

Really apreciate any advice you can give, many thanks!
+
Tommzy
post 23.Dec.2012, 09:07 PM
Post #56

Hej!
I'm from Ireland and I'm planning to move to Sweden after high school to do a batchelors degree in Political science though English in Stockholm University. I have applied through universityadmissions.se,

I'm wondering is that all I have to do to apply for the course or is there more to it such as sending teachers references and Results from exams like in UCAS? I have asked my further education guidance teacher but she has no experience to give when applying abroad.

Thanks,
Tommy
+
nickachu
post 24.Dec.2012, 01:05 AM
Post #57

You should call/email the department, or whoever is on the bottom of the webpage for the course asking if you need any additional documents. I'm in the process of applying for a Masters at Lulea, and all I needed was a copy of my transcript, a copy of my degree certificate (both authenticated by the uni) and a copy of my passport signed by a witness to show that it's real. If you don't have a Swedish Personal Number you'll need to send in a letter of intent I think, all the information you need will be on the Uni and the Uniadmissions websites. smile.gif

Edit: Ok I miss-read you! For a bachelors I have no idea! Email the course people and check the Universityadmissions.se website for information would be my best bet!
+
*JasonZante*
post 14.Jan.2013, 04:09 PM
Post #58

Hey

Im from Greece and i want to study in Sweden after i finish the Lyceum. I want to study Culinary and i was wondering if anyone knows anything about any Culinary Arts School in Stockholm!

Thanks, Jason
+
PDX
post 3.Mar.2013, 05:45 PM
Post #59

Nope, no Culinary Arts schools in Stockholm, though there are some elsewhere in Sweden. I would suggest you study at home and then come over and open a proper, high-end, Greek food restaurant. The food the Greek restaurants serve here is just awful unsure.gif .

~~~PDX~~~
+
kumbie
post 27.May.2013, 05:05 PM
Post #60

sound good thank you!
+

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: