The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Pension and insurances - student working part-time

Will not having it create issues in the future?

pukinswe
post 7.Nov.2019, 01:06 AM
Post #1

Hi,

I am a non-EU person. I undertook master's studies in a university in Sweden while on a study permit.

While studying, I worked at a company on a part-time contract for about 10 months. The company paid me monthly salary based on the number of hours that I worked. However the company did not take out any insurances or contribute towards occupational pension during this time. As a fee-paying student, I had comprehensive insurance from the university.

I then got a full-time job and obtained a work permit after my study permit expired. My employer is providing all necessary insurances and making contributions towards occupational pension.

Does anyone know whether the lack of insurance or pension contributions when working part-time as a student on a study permit may cause any issues when applying for work permit extension?

Does anyone have any experience in this regard?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
champaignepapi
post 7.Nov.2019, 08:03 AM
Post #2

It's okay, don't worry, the study permit allows you to work and your insurances are covered by your University during that time.
+
champaignepapi
post 8.Nov.2019, 12:13 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (champaignepapi @ 7.Nov.2019, 08:03 AM) *
It's okay, don't worry, the study permit allows you to work and your insurances are covered by your University during that time.

DAMN, wait I'm actually not sure about this. When I started working 5 years ago w my study permit, I was 23 back then so pension wasn't something to think about, but if you're older than 25 then you need to have it, even though you're allowed to work w study visa, I think...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: