The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Moving to Malmo, SE SOON!

Shredder
post 22.Nov.2006, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Well, I have been browsing around this forum and I must say that there seems to be a lot of conflicting views about the job scenario in Sweden.

Fact is, my girl lives here in Malmo, I'm planning to join her, and will hopefully do what I was doing back in New York: deejaying (<a href="http://www.dldstudio.com/leroywest.html">Dj Leroy West aka <a href="http://www.dldstudio.com/trasitioner1.html">The Transitioner</a> and web designing.

Obviously I have to learn the language, but there must be some way of getting started here, being fluent in English and having a strong desire to work my ass off.

So, for those of you who know, can you suggest some useful information?

Peace,

Leroy
Go to the top of the page
+
Survey Says . . . . .
post 22.Nov.2006, 08:52 PM
Post #2

Leroy,

Good attitude! Already you're off to a great start.

Start networking ASAP. I'm sure if you look around on the net you can find some other DJs in Sweden to use as mentors. If you're good, you probably stand a decent chance, plus since you're a black American (Carribean) you should be treated better than a Swede, at least in the field you're pursuing. (I think Swedes treat each other like crap.)

If I can give you some advice on your website, take out the part about being "unknown". You need to go balls to the wall high confidence! You are the next "Soul Brother #1"!

In your field, in Sweden, fake it 'til you make it!
+
*Move*
post 22.Nov.2006, 10:08 PM
Post #3

email all the clubs,bars and radio and ask them if you can send them a demo of your work...
good luck!!!!and welcome
+
Shredder
post 23.Nov.2006, 12:27 PM
Post #4

I really appreciate the feedback and the advice. I'm off to London for the weekend, and then back in Malmo for one last week.
So, I have my work cut out for me already. Hopefully I will be back in Sweden very soon, but of course it would be great to come back to something already lined up.
Well be around. Thanks again.

Leroy
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: