The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

Floridian in Malmö

Guarauno
post 29.Jun.2007, 02:30 AM
Post #31

I lived two years in Tampa,it was a really nice time getting to know american culture and way of life,I really enjoyed it and hope to come back again but just for visiting.The heat was far much harder than what I was used to in Venezuela,but autumn and winter were great for me because I didn´t know the cold weather and the people were very nice and friendly as well,a little bit reserved but friendly.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Mary, With The Shaved Hea*
post 29.Jun.2007, 07:57 AM
Post #32

QUOTE (weychick)
After enjoying the last few weeks in Sweden with great weather, It's hard to deal with the heat in Fort Lauderdale. Hard to believe most consider weather the worse obstacle, I would say the language was the hardest. I tried to learn as much swedish as I could before going but was totally left out in almost all situations. It was horrible, I would never agree to move over until I was fluent in the language. It was one of the hardest things I have ever dealt with. Most everyone I met spoke some level of english but within five minutes everyone forgot the english and went right back to the swedish. Master the language and you should be ok.

spot on!
Go to the top of the page
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: