The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Day care for children <1 year old

What are the options?

*CCaroline*
post 16.May.2016, 05:48 AM
Post #1

Hello,

As we all know, Sweden has an extended system for parents to stay home with their kids until they are about 1 year old.

But are there other options if parents choose not to be a stay-at-home mum / dad (e.g. when owning an own business)? Like nurseries for children under 1 year old (maybe privately owned)? Or is a nanny the only possibility?

Thanks!
CC
Go to the top of the page
+
smullyan
post 16.May.2016, 12:07 PM
Post #2

The only thing I have heard of is a private in-house Nanny. I would be very surprised if there was any sort of public facility for children under the age of 1 (especially as all the ones my wife and I have used over the years tend to take the full 6 months from time of application to let you in), but I could be wrong.
+
yet another brit
post 16.May.2016, 06:37 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (CCaroline @ 16.May.2016, 04:48 AM) *
.But are there other options if parents choose not to be a stay-at-home mum / dad (e.g. when owning an own business)?

Not really any other options other than to employ a nanny/childminder directly yourself, sorry. The system assumes that someone stays home until ready for dagis, then the system kicks in for you...
+
littleviking
post 17.May.2016, 08:59 AM
Post #4

most people take advantage of the 480 days of day care or at least 1 year of it until the child can go to daycare.
Usually the mom and dad*(mom and mom and dad and dad as well) share the time, each parent has reserved for them 3 months.
Most parents even if they have their onw business choose to find ways in which the child is taken care of until age 1. A anny will cost you an arm or a leg. The usual pay is around 200 kr an hour so 1600 a 8 hour day so in a month will cost the hell out of you. Even if you dont pay hourly you will have to pay a nanny before tax 20, 000 kr
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: