The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >   Reply to this topic

Pizza; is it only in Sweden?

The plastic tub of "salad"

post 28.Jan.2010, 07:15 PM
Post #76

QUOTE (Miss Kitten @ 28.Jan.2010, 04:24 PM) *
I sure Swedes think Americans are weird for dipping slices of pizza in ranch dressing.

i am sure americans think the americans who dip slices of pizza in ranch dressing are weird. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Miss Kitten
post 28.Jan.2010, 07:19 PM
Post #77

I know it sounds weird but it's actually really good. smile.gif
+
byke
post 28.Jan.2010, 07:26 PM
Post #78

We need to all put our heads together to get a few real pizza makers over to sweden and expose them via a festival.

Pizza Fest 2010 "Introducing Sweden to real Pizzas"
+
Streja
post 28.Jan.2010, 09:08 PM
Post #79

Nah, it's not necessary.

We have Janssons. It's enough.
+
Streja
post 28.Jan.2010, 09:13 PM
Post #80

QUOTE (Renfeh Hguh @ 27.Jan.2010, 10:25 PM) *
I went to a pizza restaurant in Australia with a Swede who has lived here for quit a long time. He was VERY vocal in expressing his disgust about how bad Swedish pizzas are.

What's your point?

I like svensk pizza but maybe it's not real pizza.

But then I have never had pizza with a thick crust in Italy. I think that's more American.
(Don't tell me it's Italian American or whatever because then I could argue that everything I eat is Norwegian)
+
jack sprat
post 28.Jan.2010, 09:28 PM
Post #81

QUOTE (Streja @ 26.Jan.2010, 07:57 PM) *
We had lovely pizza in Gbg. Italians as well but with that Swedish immigrant touch. Gluten free! That is good but byke wants to make sure all those gluten intolerant peopl ... (show full quote)

Talking of gluttons,..how do you manage to munch your way through pizza by the metre?
Puts the Brits and Yanks to shame. wink.gif
+
Streja
post 29.Jan.2010, 11:51 AM
Post #82

LOL!

Well it was just this place where you ordered per metre and there was this long table. The pizza went all along the table. They only had two different toppings though.
+
MachineGunGirl
post 24.Feb.2010, 05:29 AM
Post #83

QUOTE (byke @ 28.Jan.2010, 06:26 PM) *
We need to all put our heads together to get a few real pizza makers over to sweden and expose them via a festival.. Pizza Fest 2010 "Introducing Sweden to real Pizzas"

The secret is in the dough... you need to use polenta.

And of course, the better the sauce and cheese, the better the pizza, capisce?
+
Freja
post 24.Feb.2010, 11:06 AM
Post #84

Funny that people get so nationalistic about pizzas. And some (usual suspects) aggressively so.

Especially americans, brits and swedes on here - like any of them can speak from a point of authority - who are they/we to determine good, bad and real pizzas? It's down to preferences. Kids! But I guess the whole damn world has welcomed and accepted The Pizza as imported food (from the 50s/60s) that has been transformed in to national cuisin of [your country of choice]. And they have been adopted slightly differently everywhere, except in the US off course where they have been reinvented into these bombastic thick dough cheese-in-the-crust overflowing with wrap-around-your-finger gummy 'mozza' type of creations. Saying that, as usual, in addition to doing the worst pizzas, the americans off course are also responsible for, perhaps, the best ones. Fact is there is a lot of crap pizzas around everywhere, including in Italy, at least in my experience. But we all seem to have different ideas of what a 'good' and 'real' pizza is.

Some appear to fail to understand that their idea of 'good' or 'real' pizza is not really good, or solid, reason to expose their bisaed and misinformed/misunderstood feelings of antipathy of other countries. Perhaps countries where they have failed to build a good life and projectig this bias/failure on a poor pizza. Sad. Pathetic even.

Anyhow, if anyone is based in Stockholm and like to try a good pizza try Pronto at Rörstrandsgatan, which I belive is runned by a very sweet Italian couple. Good, honest, simple pizzas on good quality ingredients in a no-frills but very pleasant dining room.

My bias: I like the thin crust variety. Quality ingredints. Not overloaded. Fresh herbs only. Mozza has to be buffalo. Tomatoes have to be red, ripe and sweet. Absolutely no goey filling in the edges!
+
byke
post 24.Feb.2010, 11:45 AM
Post #85

Pronto at Rörstrandsgatan

I must say I have eaten there twice and can not recommend it.
Dice decorations, but generally arrogant staff and bland food.
+
Freja
post 24.Feb.2010, 12:28 PM
Post #86

Funny you say that. But taste and preferences differs off course. I was taken there by an Italian friend once, and once an American/San Franciscan friend as they really liked it. I have to agree with them on this one. Prehaps you like the more turkish or the 'pizzza express' or 'strada' variety, or perhaps those micro-ready ones at M&S and Tesco.
+
V8farty
post 24.Feb.2010, 12:49 PM
Post #87

Best pizzas are ones that combine pizza AND kebab. A pibab.

Oddly you can't seem to find them in England.
+
Rick Methven
post 24.Feb.2010, 01:11 PM
Post #88

We had not had a pizza for a while, being fed up with our local pizzerias offering.
Last night as it was my turn to cook dinner, I found some short dated buffalo Mozzarella in ICA for 5kr a go, bought a sara lee pizza kit and some cherry tomatoes and made a topping with mushrooms, red onions some left over lovbif, oregano, garlic and fresh black pepper. Now THAT was a good Pizza biggrin.gif

Maybe freja disagrees as it come from one of her 'usual suspects' laugh.gif
+
Freja
post 24.Feb.2010, 01:20 PM
Post #89

not at all. sounds rather yummy - for home made one. whilst i never tried that pizza kit you mentioned, but others, they can't really compare to a reall genuine thin crust one made from quiality durum flour (if that is what they are using). but again, for a home made one not bad.

hope you had a good bottle of barolo with it.
+
Mr. Puppy
post 24.Feb.2010, 01:27 PM
Post #90

I love pepperoni pizza dipped in ranch dressing.
+

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: