The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Brovofly Overcharged Me

But No Response from Customer Services

Mib
post 13.Mar.2012, 10:53 PM
Post #1

Hi,

Booked a return flight to the UK and was shown the price 4,675kr, which I accepted. However, when I look at my Bravofly account it shows, 4,675kr and in euro €628. They state that the currency rate can fluctuate, but that means that the exchange rate in their world is 7,5kr for each Euro, when the real rate is closer to 9. My bank account shows they debited 5,652kr. Surely, this is illegal? Anyone know who I xan complain to in Sweden ie. Consumer or travel association?

Another issue is that they charge €6 to contact their customer service and he just stated that it was currency fluctuations! Idiot. 1000kr in 2 mins! Tried contacting the Swedish no. During the day, but is engaged when I call.

So beware!
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 13.Mar.2012, 11:09 PM
Post #2

Where is the company actually based?

There has been some bad publicity about some of these internet only travel agents which actually aren't even based in europe at all but in Asia or the far east

You could try
- contacting the consumer advisor in your kommun - look under Konsumentrådgivning
- or the National Board for Consumer dispute (Allmänna Reklamationsnämnden) http://www.arn.se/English/
+
Mib
post 13.Mar.2012, 11:46 PM
Post #3

Thanks Puffin...they have contact numbers for all of Europe and advertise deals in Kronor via email, but I'll try the contacts you kindly providee.
+
byke
post 14.Mar.2012, 07:24 AM
Post #4

Have you made a complaint through your credit card company?
+
Rick Methven
post 14.Mar.2012, 10:27 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Mib @ 13.Mar.2012, 10:53 PM) *
Hi,Booked a return flight to the UK and was shown the price 4,675kr, which I accepted. However, when I look at my Bravofly account it shows, 4,675kr and in euro €628. They s ... (show full quote)

Any on-line seller that quotes in a currency but charges in another must by law state in the final online page before you confirm the sale, the amount in the charge currency and the amount that you are authorising them to debit to debit in the currency of the card. You are making a financial transaction at the precise point in time you click confirm. Just like signing a contract. The online sellers system will be connected to the bank and will instantaneously convert the Euro price to Kronor at the prevailing Euro/Kronor rate. Did the Euro price come up before the Kronor price? If the whole on-screen transaction was in Kronor and the Euro price was not shown until after you had confirmed, then they are in breach of the law for false selling by inciting you to buy the flight on an artificially low price and hiding the true cost.

€628 is 5,652kr at the prevailing exchange rate of 8.95 kr = 1€
+
Rick Methven
post 14.Mar.2012, 10:39 AM
Post #6

I have just had a look at their site and see that you can select the currency.

I looked at an Arlanda- London flight in both Euro and kronor

Attached Image

Attached Image

it works out at an exchange rate of 8.9

This is the current FT spot exchange rate

Attached Image
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: