The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Travel insurance EU

And the European Health Card

roch
post 6.Apr.2012, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Hi everyone,

I think I am using the wrong keywords to find what I am looking for...so I have come to the people "in the know"

My partner and I are planning a summer camping holiday through various countries in the EU.

I had a UK based European Health card but as I am here now I guess I can't use it... so want to get a Swedish one for me and one for my partner also.
From what I understand we have to ask at our local vårdcentralen or? I have tried looking on line but cannot find if I can do it online.

The second thing is, as we are driving and camping so our personal items are not going to be as secure as if we were staying in hotels etc.
I am trying to find companies who do travel insurance for holidays like this. Backpacking category maybe? or?
In the UK there are many firms that offer low priced options but of course you need to be a resident there.

This is where my Swedish is letting me down as I don't think I have been searching correctly as I am coming up empty.

Any tips or recommendations?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 6.Apr.2012, 01:22 PM
Post #2

You can order it via Försäkringskassan, even by SMS:

beställa det europeiska sjukförsäkringskortet. Sms:a EUKORT och ditt personnummer till 71020.

Put simply, sms EUKORT and your personal number to 71020 and they will send it to You.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 6.Apr.2012, 02:00 PM
Post #3

For the insurance part you should check with your insurance company. A regular home insurance policy covers visits abroad for up to 45 days.
+
Kibiri
post 6.Apr.2012, 02:20 PM
Post #4

Open Försäkringskassan website, click utomlands on the left side, then click Beställ EU-kort. Fill the web form and it will come to your address.

It will not work if you haven't registered with Försäkringskassan. Then you should go to their nearest office and register yourself, even if you decide you don't want the health card - because it matters for things like parental leave, long term sickness, high cost limit for dental care etc.
+
roch
post 6.Apr.2012, 02:27 PM
Post #5

Thanks!

I am not on my partners home insurance policy so we are going to put me on. It's one of those things we never got around to doing... but we know we should have done it before now.

And I had no idea about Försäkringskassan so will register there as well!

Thanks guys!
You all have helped me immensely :-)
+
Yorkshireman
post 6.Apr.2012, 02:42 PM
Post #6

With regards general travel insurance ... partly depends upon how You pay for the trip ... if You pay for part or whole trip with the credit card (ie. Visa, Mastercard etc..) that includes their standard travel insurance which You do not have to pay for. Details of what is/isn't covered are normally available from the card issuer. Chek that and then decide what additional insurance You may need to cover what they don't cover.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 7.Apr.2012, 02:16 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (roch @ 6.Apr.2012, 03:27 PM) *
Thanks!I am not on my partners home insurance policy so we are going to put me on. It's one of those things we never got around to doing... but we know we should have ... (show full quote)

It does not matter if you are on the policy. As long as you are registered at the same address you are covered.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: