The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

SE White Oval Car Sticker

Where to get one?

roch
post 27.Apr.2012, 06:32 PM
Post #1

I have been searching for SE bil klistermärke but I cannot for the life of me find a shop that sells them.

I am looking for the white oval sticker that says SE that is compulsory to have on your car if you don't have the new EU licence plates when you drive in Europe.

Any pointers of where to head to?

TACK!!!!!!!!!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Mzungu
post 27.Apr.2012, 06:45 PM
Post #2

Try petrol stations and travel agents,especially those dealing in ferry boat travel...

*lycka till*
+
roch
post 27.Apr.2012, 07:40 PM
Post #3

Sheeesh...

Really? A petrol station? Good grief I feel a little embarrassed I didn't think of that! Although I have not been in a petrol station for years as I fill up at the pump with my card.

Will be out and about tomorrow so will pop in and see if they have them!

Kramar!
+
Willy
post 27.Apr.2012, 08:32 PM
Post #4

It should say S and not SE, though. This is not the same series as the ISO two-letter codes used for Internet domains. Germany is D (not DE), Norway N (not NO), Finland FIN (formerly SF, not FI).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International...le_registration

You do see stickers with SE. For example one of the larger insurance companies has handed them out in the past. But if you go by the Geneva and Vienna conventions on international road traffic, it should be S. In fact, the sticker is usually called "S-märke" in Swedish.
+
Puffin
post 27.Apr.2012, 10:36 PM
Post #5

Aren' the stickers obsolete these days? I thought they had been incorporated into the EU number plates that have the blue nationality mark?
+
Willy
post 27.Apr.2012, 11:01 PM
Post #6

They are indeed rather rare these days, since the blue field replaces the sticker within the EU/EEA/Switzerland. So in Europe you will only need it when going to Russia, Belarus, the Ukraine, Moldova, Albania, Former Yugoslavia (minus Slovenia), Albania or Turkey.

Also, to satisfy the needs of Europhobes among us, you can still get plates without the blue field from Transportstyrelsen. Or, if you like the OP just have an old car with old plates.

In practice, these days people tend to ignore the requirement even when they ought to have an S sticker. It seems that you are able to get away with it at least in the neighboring countries, but nothing I would recommend.
+
Norrlands Turk
post 28.Apr.2012, 12:35 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Willy @ 27.Apr.2012, 11:01 PM) *
They are indeed rather rare these days, since the blue field replaces the sticker within the EU/EEA/Switzerland. So in Europe you will only need it when going to Russia, Belar ... (show full quote)

Cross out Turkey. Turkish plates also have the blue field now, so you don't need it.

example:
http://www.skodam.com/uploads/11/9682b08ca...47a7b0a0778.jpg
+
Willy
post 28.Apr.2012, 10:03 AM
Post #8

Do you have any legal sources for that? Lot's of non-EU countries are imitating the blue field on their own plates, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there is mutual recognition of it.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: