The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Fake News article TL

Refugee or Work permit

Bsmith
post 16.Nov.2018, 01:03 PM
Post #16

The story is most likely not fake, but I would bet that the whole story is not being told. There is too much news that is spun to promote a desired reaction and to form public opinion. That type of journalism should be confined to the editorial and opinions section.
Go to the top of the page
+
Cedar2
post 16.Nov.2018, 06:37 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 16.Nov.2018, 01:03 PM) *
The story is most likely not fake, but I would bet that the whole story is not being told. There is too much news that is spun to promote a desired reaction and to form publi ... (show full quote)

I totally agree with you.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Nov.2018, 07:26 PM
Post #18

Is there any honest and true news, anywhere in today's world???
+
Uncle Fred
post 16.Nov.2018, 07:53 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 16.Nov.2018, 07:26 PM) *
Is there any honest and true news, anywhere in today's world???

Yes The Locals dead. Please don't ask why do I still come here. If you really want to know, well when I am on a high I need something to bring me back down to earth.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Nov.2018, 08:05 PM
Post #20

Sobering thought!!! laugh.gif
+
Uncle Fred
post 16.Nov.2018, 11:33 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 16.Nov.2018, 08:05 PM) *
Sobering thought!!! laugh.gif

What's more sobering is the garbage The Local reports, never a TRUE story about what's really is happening in Sweden, now that's what you call fake news.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Nov.2018, 11:49 PM
Post #22

And yet we are here...Go figure!!!
+
Svedallas
post 17.Nov.2018, 04:22 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 16.Nov.2018, 01:03 PM) *
The story is most likely not fake, but I would bet that the whole story is not being told. There is too much news that is spun to promote a desired reaction and to form publi ... (show full quote)

Its just irritating seeing such stories. When it is not the whole truth!
+1 indeed
+
wallace1837
post 17.Nov.2018, 05:28 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 17.Nov.2018, 04:22 PM) *
Its just irritating seeing such stories. When it is not the whole truth!. +1 indeed

What information is actually wrong. Where are your supporting evidences?
+
Bsmith
post 17.Nov.2018, 07:28 PM
Post #25

Not in direct relation to the above mentioned story but certainly in reference to type of journalism that is so common today. Currently in Mexico, there is a caravan of people who are making their way from Central America and trying to enter into the U.S. Almost every news story (whether it be televised or in the print media) shows a "random" young mother and her children. Almost every story. This is a thinly veiled attempt to promote sympathy. Many of these immigrants are young men, but they are almost never shown.

Whatever your stance is on illegal immigration, the news media should deliver a balanced story that shows all sides and not spin the story in such a manner as to shape public response...unless the story is clearly labeled as an opinion or an editorial.

I saw a lot of this type of "promotional journalism" when the immigrant crisis in Europe was in full swing. Although the vast majority of the immigrants and refugees where young males, the stories almost always focused on young women and children.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Nov.2018, 07:44 PM
Post #26

Glad to see there are some people who are awake and listening/seeing to what the left is trying to do to America...And Western Europe...

This whole scenario is the prophecy of the novel "The Camp of The Saints" come true and is the beginning of the end of western civilization as we know it...
+
Cedar2
post 17.Nov.2018, 08:59 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 17.Nov.2018, 07:28 PM) *
Not in direct relation to the above mentioned story but certainly in reference to type of journalism that is so common today. Currently in Mexico, there is a caravan of peopl ... (show full quote)

Journalism is the voice of the voiceless. They are trained to report all evils without compromise and they will never be on the side of the oppressors. Their mission is not to be neutral but to be balanced and fair.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Nov.2018, 09:04 PM
Post #28

To be fair and balanced to those they agree with and whose policies they espouse anybody else is lied about and slandered in a fair and balanced way!!!
+
Bsmith
post 17.Nov.2018, 09:30 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Cedar2 @ 17.Nov.2018, 08:59 PM) *
Journalism is the voice of the voiceless. They are trained to report all evils without compromise and they will never be on the side of the oppressors. Their mission is not to ... (show full quote)

That is what I used to believe, too. Perhaps that is why I get so angry and feel so violated when the supposedly unbiased news slides more and more into the propaganda realm.

I want to hear all sides of the story so that I can make up my own mind. I don't want Big Brother telling me how to think. That kinda sh*t is dangerous.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Nov.2018, 09:48 PM
Post #30

Welcome to the world of liberal influence...

The next big thing is how to steal an election!!!
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: