The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

Are you a love refugee, what's your story?

Help me with my project on love in Sweden

*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 20.May.2010, 08:04 PM
Post #31

Gwrhyr, I see that you are on the site now.

I remember you were so interested in love immigration when you came on the site during the middle of last year - just when the securocrats were trying to fix me up as an Iranian spy, and to hook me up with 'Jihad Jane' as a likely assassin of cartoonist Lars Vilks.

How about your finally telling me about who you are, and wherefore art thou, Gwrhyr?
Go to the top of the page
+
The Nine
post 20.May.2010, 09:41 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (Nicole?Pappa? @ 5.Aug.2009, 05:35 PM) *
Always amazes me how each time a Brit moves abroad they are called expats, but when a foreigner goes to Britain they are immigrants angry.gif

You are missing a significant point here. Brits, refer to EACH OTHER as ex pats {Ex patriated} Swedes refer to Brits as immigrants and they also do in places like Spain and France. Having a slightly less blanket moniker for your own nationality is common all over the world. I used to work with a couple of Bengali guys. In the eyes of the state they were immigrants to the Uk but in their locale and with their own comunity they refered to themselves as 'ex Bengers" {Bengalis} Why would you consider Brits refering to themselves as Ex pat, as in anyway wrong or arrongant?
+
Brunette Babe 5
post 21.May.2010, 01:37 PM
Post #33

I wonder what the Swedes call themselves in the UK:
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: