The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

i want to know more about sweden!!!

Zahid_alam
post 29.May.2006, 06:34 PM
Post #1

hello every body,

i am from bangladesh.i am coming this august in sweden for my masters.but i really desparate to know certain things specially job oppurtunity in sweden,i am not looking for permanent jobs.i want to know how much possibility is ther to getting a job.(there is no problem if it is an odd job)
and how much i can earn per month.
can any one explain me details.
thanx in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
Kamran
post 29.May.2006, 06:55 PM
Post #2

getting job in Sweden is one hell of a job especially if you have no idea of the swedish language. Sweden faces the highest youth unemployment problem though the Svensson politicians have promised a number of schemes for unemployed youths due to forthcoming elections.

It is not only swden but rather rest of European Countries (france and Germany are worse) except England. Coming from Bangladesh, I believe you can speak better English. If you are a good cook, as Bengladeshis are famous for theit culinary skills, try your luck at restaurants in bigger towns like Malmo, Gothenborg and Malmo...

Plus you should have the proper work permit to work..check with the embassy too...Anyway Good Luck
+
*Vicis Patronus*
post 29.May.2006, 06:56 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Zahid_alam)
hello every body,

i am from bangladesh.i am coming this august in sweden for my masters.but i really desparate to know certain things specially job oppurtunity in sweden,i am not looking for permanent jobs.i want to know how much possibility is ther to getting a job.(there is no problem if it is an odd job)
thanx in advance.

I say that it's hard for anyone to get a job in Sweden right now, and I mean really hard. 1/5 with uni degrees in Sweden are unemployed. They will likely have better swedish than you, which gives them the advantage. So im not gonna paint up some picture of a paradise, because it isn't. It's hard to get a job, but if you get a job here, it will become easier. As for the pay it depends a bit, in the private sector it can vary a lot. If you work for the state and have a fulltime job, there's a minimum salary of 15000kr I think. The problem is that there aren't tons of jobs for those who don't speak swedish. So learning the language will be very important. In Sweden it's extremly important with contacts when you apply for jobs, if you know a lot of people it will become easier. If you don't know anyone you can find yourself competing vs anything from 50-5000 cv's for every job.
+
Sazzadur
post 29.May.2006, 08:17 PM
Post #4

Of course language is the main factor to get a job. If you know swedish language, you can get a job even in a Swedish restaurant if you try, sometimes they need people, but it needs language. Its better to look for job in Bangladeshi restaurants. Nowadays, unemployment is very high in western europe. If You know good language, you can manage a work in any type of shop. It is easy to get this type of work in the UK because their language is english. You can get that here as well but you need language. Qualified job regarding your academic qualification is a dream here. I see many local studetns, they finished their university degree here and drive taxi.
+
Zahid_alam
post 30.May.2006, 05:07 AM
Post #5

THAMNX EVERYBODY for replying me.actually i dont expect a table job in sweden if i get a simple job through which i can able to earn my living expense then i should be happy.

beside this i have some good programming knowledge( specially in JAVA) did it help me in sweden.i also work in bangladesh as a software engineer for last 1 year.did i acpect getting any it job with this experience.

and i also want know if i pass a very simple life in sweden what will it cost per month.
+
*Cyberfluff*
post 30.May.2006, 05:21 AM
Post #6

Look into doing freelance work. I couldn't tell you what the comparison between cost of living in Sweden and Bangladesh is, but if you have contacts from previous work that might be willing to send jobs your way, that could help. (I don't know anything about work permits and taxes and what you would need if you were working for clients in Bangladesh.)

Good luck! Which university are you going to be studying at?
+
Alone_restless
post 30.May.2006, 07:58 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Zahid_alam)
THAMNX EVERYBODY for replying me.actually i dont expect a table job in sweden if i get a simple job through which i can able to earn my living expense then i should be happy.

beside this i have some good programming knowledge( specially in JAVA) did it help me in sweden.i also work in bangladesh as a software engineer for last 1 year.did i acpect getting any it job with this experience.

and i also want know if i pass a very simple life in sweden what will it cost per month.

Hello zahid...My name is Shariq and i am from pakistan ...wher r u goin to study in sweden , i got an admission in stockohlm ..plz let me know sumthing bout u
+
Zahid_alam
post 31.May.2006, 06:32 AM
Post #8

Hi Shariq,
well i get offer letter from BTH for ms in Software Enginerring but i want to admit my self in
KTH or Chalmer bcoz i have some financial porb so i have to earn beside my study.
i may switch myself to KTH or Chalmer After i arrive sweden.
+
*Tiredswede*
post 31.May.2006, 10:27 AM
Post #9

I know a few foreign students who got jobs as translators. Check the municipal offices. Some private companys might need you too. My advice. Check the biggest companies (VOLVO, SAAB, Sony/Ericsson, Alfa laval, Sandvik...) Transltion English to another language. Not Swedish of course!
+
Alone_restless
post 31.May.2006, 07:16 PM
Post #10

Ok Mr Zahid, i want to talk with u personnally plz add me on ur messiging service my email address is
zindage4u@msn.com
professional_carder@yahoo.com...U can mail me also

will wait for ur reply
have a great day
Good Bye
+
Sazzadur
post 1.Jun.2006, 06:22 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Zahid_alam)
Hi Shariq,
well i get offer letter from BTH for ms in Software Enginerring but i want to admit my self in
KTH or Chalmer bcoz i have some financial porb so i have to earn beside my study.
i may switch myself to KTH or Chalmer After i arrive sweden.

You can select programme and choose KTH. But before that choose programme and contact corresponding coordinator, convince him, then you will have a chance. Many students came to KTH by this way. But Chalmers is very restricted about it. After coming to KTH, I realised one reality- chalmers is better than KTH regarding international education quality. I suggest you if you can manage Chalmers anyhow, go there.Part time job is more available there than Stockholm especially for foreign students who dont know swedish. Ther are more generous for foreigners.
+
Ezpen The Caveman
post 7.Jun.2006, 08:05 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Zahid_alam)
hello every body,

thanx in advance.

You would love to see all the topless, blonde chicks... You won't survive as virgin in this country...
+
*Gothenburgmark*
post 7.Jun.2006, 10:44 PM
Post #13

Get ready for a likely uphill battle. Many companies often state that they have 500 to 1000 applications for each job. Often, crappy jobs. I know many swedes and non swedes with no job, looking for work for a year or longer, with multiple degrees, with no luck. I am not saying it is impossible to find work here, but I have never seen a western, indurstrialized country like this before with such a high unemployment rate, and so many people complaining of how hard it is to find work here. Unless you are lucky, do not count on getting work here. Even crappy jobs are very competetive, in my opinion. The government tries to protect you by mandating certain employee rights, which are nice, but the flip side of that coin is that they are very, very, very choosy and careful about who they hire.
Often, if you are not swedish, or have a swedish name, you will not even be considered for the jobs. (not always the case, though,but very common).
Sweden is a great place to live except for the very long winters, and the horrible employment situation. I wish you the best of luck anyhow.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: