The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Sambo going abroad for a couple years

wondering how it effects citizenship

spoonrabbit
post 13.Jun.2019, 01:19 AM
Post #1

Just wondering if anybody has any insight as I am struggling to find any on MV website!

I have lived with my sambo (dual citizen, Swedish and American) for 2,5 years now in Sweden (previously a year in America),and he has applied and could get a job back in the states for a couple of years, however I have a good job in Sweden that will be staying for. I am eligible for a citizenship application in may 2020, so am wondering how if will effect my status if he isn't living with me in Sweden 100% of the time. He will be able to travel here frequently enough (as in prob 5-6 months of the year) and I will have a few months I can be over there as well, so we will maintain our relationship just not physically always share the same address (even though we will both be on the rental agreements as well!). Will the MV accept this as us living together? Should I just not go into the details of our situation? Just don't want to get denied or maybe worse accused of lying on the application!

TIA!
Go to the top of the page
+
maka1363
post 13.Jun.2019, 07:45 AM
Post #2

if you already have a PR then you should have no issue since that is the basis for the citizenship. But if you are applying for citizenship for co-habitation then you should be really living at the same place. Otherwise people can just claim it and move forward with it.

Apply for it and have as much evidence that you can to prove the sambo status, worst case they will deny it and you go to court for it. The way I see how MV is working there is really no guarantee on which direction an application can go
+
sotkille
post 13.Jun.2019, 11:36 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (spoonrabbit @ 13.Jun.2019, 02:19 AM) *
Just wondering if anybody has any insight as I am struggling to find any on MV website!I have lived with my sambo (dual citizen, Swedish and American) for 2,5 years now in ... (show full quote)

there is no problem smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: