The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
77 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »    Reply to this topic

Applications - Autumn 2018

Merit Ratings and Status Update

Aysnz
post 18.Jan.2018, 10:12 PM
Post #61

QUOTE (StuntUya @ 17.Jan.2018, 08:07 AM) *
I have always wondered, when they say that selection criteria will be based on the number of credits completed in the relevant courses, does this mean they only look at the am ... (show full quote)

This was the case for a program I applied last year. I e-mailed them asking about it. Since I have 4 year bachelor and 1 year master studies, I have a lot of credits.

So at first, it seemed like they did not take my master credits into account (my merit was not so high) So i e-mailed them, they said they were going to change it. And they did, after that I got top ranking (999/999). I got into that program, obviously. My GPA is was very high.

So the answer is, when they say "number of credits you have", they mean exactly that. Or that was the case for my school.
Go to the top of the page
+
doodlydoo
post 19.Jan.2018, 10:44 AM
Post #62

Does anyone know when they upload documents sent via regular mail? Or show you if they received them? Or anything?
I sent my TOEFL a while ago and I feel anxious since they've already started reviewing applications.
+
nutcoco
post 19.Jan.2018, 04:19 PM
Post #63

Is application not processed until University admissions got a hard copy of toefl score report that directly sent by ets? I followed the instructions as stated on the website [notify ets via using the institution code (additional score reporting) and upload a scan of the original copy I got from ets] on Jan 16th. But I got this message;

Please note that the TOEFL result slip must be made available to University Admissions in Sweden by Educational Test Service (ETS) with 'Institution code: 3477'. Make a request to ETS so we can verify your test as soon as possible. As soon as your TOEFL result slip has been made available, please contact us by sending us an email on our website: https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/All-...s=/contact/1289. In the email you just let us know that your result slip is available.

And I'm confused as hell. I heard that as I make a request for additional score report using the code then the institution will immediately be able to verify my scores online. So I thought I'd be okay since I uploaded the original copy & there is no mention of a hard copy on the website. Am I wrong? I made an inquiry yesterday but still got no reply :/
+
CatMom
post 19.Jan.2018, 05:36 PM
Post #64

QUOTE (doodlydoo @ 19.Jan.2018, 11:44 AM) *
Does anyone know when they upload documents sent via regular mail? Or show you if they received them? Or anything?I sent my TOEFL a while ago and I feel anxious since they' ... (show full quote)

I have two sets of transcripts that had to be sent via post. The first took about ten days to arrive, be scanned and show on my account. It was up on the 3rd. The second left the US on the 3rd and is still not showing. There is a note on the site that says that the closer to the deadline the longer the processing time (aprox 10 days) for documents received via post.

When were they sent?
+
doodlydoo
post 19.Jan.2018, 05:51 PM
Post #65

QUOTE (CatMom @ 19.Jan.2018, 05:36 PM) *
I have two sets of transcripts that had to be sent via post. The first took about ten days to arrive, be scanned and show on my account. It was up on the 3rd. The second left ... (show full quote)

well, it was sent few months ago. september or october. I even wrote to admissions support.
they told me in the email that they have it. BUT it is still not on the website. and it's been more than 3 months.
I'm just really confused with their work and I don't really know what to do here.
+
CatMom
post 19.Jan.2018, 08:19 PM
Post #66

QUOTE (doodlydoo @ 19.Jan.2018, 05:51 PM) *
well, it was sent few months ago. september or october. I even wrote to admissions support.they told me in the email that they have it. BUT it is still not on the website. an ... (show full quote)

When they confirmed that they had it did they say that it would be posted to you application? From what I can find, it looks like they contact TOEFL to verify the score, if this is the case it may be internally listed but not show on you application file that you see. I am only guessing, if you are really concerned you may want to contact them again to make sure that everything has gone smoothly.
+
doodlydoo
post 19.Jan.2018, 08:32 PM
Post #67

QUOTE (CatMom @ 19.Jan.2018, 08:19 PM) *
When they confirmed that they had it did they say that it would be posted to you application? From what I can find, it looks like they contact TOEFL to verify the score, if th ... (show full quote)

No, they didn't. But from the info on the website I thought like they should?
Anyway, I wrote them again. Thank you for your support smile.gif
+
mbaboy
post 20.Jan.2018, 03:16 AM
Post #68

Hey guys, I have applied to Jonkoping university through the local admissions (not through UA Sweden). This weeek I had an interview and was accepted the next day to a business masters program at Jonkoping, receiving only a week for consideration to accept. Jonkoping is not my first choice and I'd like to see if I can get in to other schools which I have applied to through the University Admissions system.

Does anyone know if it's possible to ask for an acceptance extension deadline? I am in a situation where I either have to accept or take chance to here from other schools in April. Has anyone been in a situation like this that can give me advice?
+
Gjeebes
post 20.Jan.2018, 09:39 AM
Post #69

If they are pushing it on you (not likely even legal), then accept the offer (to cover your bases) and then delay your start date until such a time as to ensure you have been able to hear back from your other options.

Don't sign anything. Just do what the Swedes do: delay, delay, delay. Tell them you need to "discuss", and then "discuss further"...they will have no choice but to understand.
+
KingZi
post 20.Jan.2018, 11:40 AM
Post #70

QUOTE (mbaboy @ 20.Jan.2018, 05:16 AM) *
Hey guys, I have applied to Jonkoping university through the local admissions (not through UA Sweden). This weeek I had an interview and was accepted the next day to a busines ... (show full quote)

When you say accept their offer, what obligations are they pushing for? In the end, an acceptance has criteria and obligations, find out what they are.
+
KingZi
post 20.Jan.2018, 02:08 PM
Post #71

QUOTE (CatMom @ 23.Dec.2017, 05:05 AM) *
Hi, I have submitted my application for Bachelor’s in Development Studies at Lund. I have US college credits that I am also submitting. I think that those should be to them ... (show full quote)

I am sorry just say that your niece is named Zi. My nickname is Zi, but I can tell you it means Life in greek or better to give life.

Good luck with your studies. Make sure you follow up with the offices at your university and some can even go the extra mile and give you trackers for the submissions so you can track the packages.

Take care and God Bless
+
fra25
post 20.Jan.2018, 10:15 PM
Post #72

Do you guys think there will be updates on the statistics webpage after February 1st? Like in case some of the applicants do not manage to go through with their documentation, will we see any reduction in their numbers? I just need a little extra hope haha
+
mbaboy
post 23.Jan.2018, 04:49 AM
Post #73

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 20.Jan.2018, 10:39 AM) *
If they are pushing it on you (not likely even legal), then accept the offer (to cover your bases) and then delay your start date until such a time as to ensure you have been ... (show full quote)

Thanks Gjeebes. What do you mean by delay the start day? the start of the program or paying for the program. And yes, i figured delay is the best way to go.
+
mbaboy
post 23.Jan.2018, 04:51 AM
Post #74

QUOTE (KingZi @ 20.Jan.2018, 12:40 PM) *
When you say accept their offer, what obligations are they pushing for? In the end, an acceptance has criteria and obligations, find out what they are.

They are pushing to accept the seat, for which I will get an official acceptance letter and will have to make payment within 3 weeks to make a "final confirmation" to the offer. The issue here is I might be eliminated out of the other applications on the UA after I accept.
+
kai
post 23.Jan.2018, 01:10 PM
Post #75

Hi everyone,

I see all these people talking about documents arriving in Sweden, etc.

Is it only me that didn`t need to submit hard copies/original documents? I understood that online documents were enough for an application, which I found very advanced and cool (and possible for a country like Sweden), but now that I my application is still "in progress" and lots of people are already qualified, I`m starting to worry.

By the way, I applied for both courses below:

International Master's Programme in Political Science 120 Credits, Stockholm University, Location: Stockholm
IN PROGRESS

Political Science: Global Politics, Master's Programme (Two-year) 120 Credits, Malmö University, Location: Malmö
IN PROGRESS

Thank you in advance for your inputs!
+

77 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: