The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Duplicate names?

*Meglos*
post 16.Feb.2006, 08:47 AM
Post #1

Is it possible to have a duplicate name here? There was another Matt banging round for a while with the same spelling as I had, and now I notice there's an Australian Mike (as opposed to US Mike). I changed my name by adding a fullstop to distinguish myself, but before Bizzaro Matt had disappeared, I tried to remove the fullstop and it told me the name was already taken (implying that duplicates aren't allowed).
Confused.
Go to the top of the page
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 16.Feb.2006, 08:51 AM
Post #2

I think you have to have a unique name...so I am pretty sure that someone could register "Jason." or ".Jason." or something like that and could kinda...masquerade as me - as if someone has so boring of a life that they would want to be mistaken for me for some reason.
+
Alfredo
post 16.Feb.2006, 09:11 AM
Post #3

Let the napalm fly ...

I've recently been considering why everyone in Sweden is called either Lars Persson or Per Larsson ?

Who started the grand duplicate naming plan ?
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 16.Feb.2006, 09:16 AM
Post #4

Thats not napalm...thats more like the smoldering end of a broken matchstick :wink:

I do think it was funny when I was putting a girl's number in my phone and had to add something more because I already had 3 Mia's...and made a guess at her last name...and got it right... 8)
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: