The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »    Reply to this topic

Job discrimination based on heritage?

Hard time getting callbacks

Svedallas
post 28.Jul.2017, 10:32 AM
Post #76

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 28.Jul.2017, 10:20 AM) *
+1. "To be able to live 'comfortably' & integrate into the Danish & Swedish society, it is indeed necessary to learn the local language.". Exactly, it is vital!!

It is also up to the individual to put language as a priority.

How many threads do you see about people trying to learn the language or about trying to integrate? NONE.

There are more threads about people getting visas and behold, citizenship waiting time, yet they probably can't even speak the language?
Go to the top of the page
+
Bsmith
post 28.Jul.2017, 12:16 PM
Post #77

QUOTE (gsurya @ 28.Jul.2017, 07:05 AM) *
The world needs to get better & more inclusive & the richer/western countries have to take the lead. I thought this was happening over the years, but social media has ... (show full quote)

I am going to take a little askance with this statement. While it certainly would be wonderful if all countries had a goal of peace, I believe it starts with us as individuals. Putting the responsibility off on the rich, Western countries is just a way of avoiding our own responsibility. And it's easy to blame social media for all the negativity in the world but the root cause is us. People are capable of great acts of kindness and, at the same time, incredible evil as well. Each of us must decide what we want to work toward.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Jul.2017, 12:46 PM
Post #78

When enough third world peoples occupy first world countries, there will be two third worlds...

Camp of The Saints, anyone???
+
Svedallas
post 28.Jul.2017, 12:48 PM
Post #79

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 28.Jul.2017, 01:16 PM) *
I am going to take a little askance with this statement. While it certainly would be wonderful if all countries had a goal of peace, I believe it starts with us as individual ... (show full quote)

You have a point.
"richer/western countries have to take the lead"
True to an EXTENT.

With recent current political turmoil in the Middle East (and North Africa), as well as cultural, religious/ideological belief systems. Even though the West may be able to help, take the responsibility and accept the burden, there is a clear abuse of the Western countries systems i.e. benefit system. Look at the most "generous" countries, like Germany, Sweden, Italy, France and Greece, they are taking the most heat, and still people go as far as to lie about their age, what country they are from, so they can benefit from the West systems.

So they can take the lead. But the individual should not be so dependent.
They need to use it as a platform for growth to build, for themselves of their home countries.
+
Bsmith
post 28.Jul.2017, 03:14 PM
Post #80

And to take a hard look at themselves, their culture and whatever it is that is holding them back.
+
gsurya
post 28.Jul.2017, 04:14 PM
Post #81

QUOTE (Gamla H?lsingebock @ 28.Jul.2017, 12:46 PM) *
When enough third world peoples occupy first world countries, there will be two third worlds.... Camp of The Saints, anyone???

Umm.. it was the so-called 'First World' Britain who occupied India for over nearly 200 years & ravaged our economy, which was one of the top in the world back then. That is why we are called 'Third World' now by the ignorant.
+
gsurya
post 28.Jul.2017, 05:35 PM
Post #82

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 28.Jul.2017, 12:16 PM) *
I am going to take a little askance with this statement. While it certainly would be wonderful if all countries had a goal of peace, I believe it starts with us as individual ... (show full quote)

Completely wrong. As individuals, most people want a quiet, peaceful & comfortable life, that is all. It is Governments that blunder into conflicts in the name of their citizens.

Rich/Western countries do have a greater responsibility to fix things because they did invade & rule over most of the rest of the world in the past centuries - ill effects of those dont suddenly disappear.

That is not to absolve the rest of the countries of their responsibilities - in fact, it is the rich/Western USA that has messed with the well balanced Paris climate agreement, agreed to by the rest of the world!
+
Bsmith
post 28.Jul.2017, 10:03 PM
Post #83

QUOTE (gsurya @ 28.Jul.2017, 05:35 PM) *
Completely wrong. As individuals, most people want a quiet, peaceful & comfortable life, that is all. It is Governments that blunder into conflicts in the name of their ci ... (show full quote)

And, yet here you are spouting off your own brand of hate...hate against the West. Sorry, but your brand of hate is no better than anybody else's.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jul.2017, 08:58 AM
Post #84

Under The Raj, India was unified and had a central government, the efficient and well known Civil Service is still the model used in India today...

India was/is better off today as a result of being colonized by the British...

If the "colonized" countries of the world, had the ability would they not be colonizers too???
+
Twiceshy
post 31.Jul.2017, 01:40 AM
Post #85

QUOTE (Gamla H?lsingebock @ 29.Jul.2017, 09:58 AM) *
India was/is better off today as a result of being colonized by the British...

Ah yes, the classic cliche Anglo response. Always stated by Anglos when this topic comes up. Always vehemently denied by Indians. I suggest you post it on an Indian forum. The response might surprise you.

Were the Indians better off by being forced to import goods from UK mills? Were they better off by being beaten and imprisoned for starting cottage industries of their own? Also, the railroads weren't built to carry Desis from points A to B. They were built to carry riches to the coast and out of the country. Do you reckon hundreds of years of divide and conquer has been good for India? Do you reckon rubber stamped prison terms by the colonial "justice system" directed towards anyone that showed even a tiny bit of insubordination has benefited India? And you praise the great civil service... You don't sound like you've ever been to India.
+
LLHope
post 31.Jul.2017, 05:55 AM
Post #86

QUOTE (Twiceshy @ 31.Jul.2017, 01:40 AM) *
Ah yes, the classic cliche Anglo response. Always stated by Anglos when this topic comes up. Always vehemently denied by Indians. I suggest you post it on an Indian forum. The ... (show full quote)

Do you reckon they would have had by now:
- A parliamentary democracy
- the international relationships they have now
- being one of the largest producers of English speaking graduates
- success in call center services (because of language and the international relationships)
- success in IT services (because of language and the international relationships)
...and more...

And let's not forget that in such a high population country the British never had more than 70.000 troops, the Indians themselves were more than willing to participate unsure.gif
+
Gjeebes
post 31.Jul.2017, 07:34 AM
Post #87

And let's not forget, Gandhi was a lawyer in South Africa, and wore, a suit! He only donned the local loincloth garb to embellish his appearance to become more believable that he was "one with the people" (i.e. more peasant like)!

Imagine if in all the photos of him leading the protests, he still had cuffs, a tie, and polished shoes!
+
Twiceshy
post 31.Jul.2017, 10:22 AM
Post #88

QUOTE (LLHope @ 31.Jul.2017, 06:55 AM) *
Do you reckon they would have had by now:

Maybe. I do not do alternate history. And I do not answer rhetorical questions posed by people that fail to answer any. Also, post hoc ergo propter hoc. You could just as well ask yourself if India is dirty 'cause Britain is dirty.

QUOTE (LLHope @ 31.Jul.2017, 06:55 AM) *
the British never had more than 70.000 troops, the Indians themselves were more than willing to participate

Did you know that the German word for biro is Kugelschreiber? That is equally relevant in this case.

I can tell now that you have a pretty poor intellect, rhetorical and reasoning skills. You can't even make a coherent case when answering a single post. Are you the local board-wreck? Most boards have 'em. As your significant other(s) probably agree with, you're pretty useless. Bye.
+
Bsmith
post 31.Jul.2017, 11:45 AM
Post #89

QUOTE (Twiceshy @ 31.Jul.2017, 10:22 AM) *
I can tell now that you have a pretty poor intellect, rhetorical and reasoning skills. You can't even make a coherent case when answering a single post. Are you the local ... (show full quote)

And you're like a seagull...you fly in, crap and fly off.
+
Twiceshy
post 31.Jul.2017, 11:47 AM
Post #90

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 31.Jul.2017, 12:45 PM) *
And you're like a seagull...you fly in, crap and fly off.

Oops, I just proved you wrong. Too fkn easy.
+

14 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: