The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Problems for foreigners in finding a job

It seems really hard, what are your experiences?

*watch3*
post 23.Jul.2009, 02:23 PM
Post #1

It could have been posted with the similar topics in the past, but I am still wondering.
How hard is it exactly to find a job in Sweden when you are a foreigner?
It seems that it's really hard even you are able to speak or write in swedish and have an educated background.
Would like to hear some advices from who has had experience living in Sweden.
Thanks rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Miss Kitten
post 23.Jul.2009, 02:42 PM
Post #2

You'll probably find some good advice in this thread here:

http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...c=23817&hl=
+
GITM
post 23.Jul.2009, 02:47 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (watch3 @ 23.Jul.2009, 02:23 PM) *
Would like to hear some advices from who has had experience living in Sweden.
My advice is to use the search function.
+
adisa
post 9.Sep.2009, 10:30 AM
Post #4

Hi! I was wondering if it's hard for a stranger in sweden with diploma in medical radiography engineering to find a job in the county of Dalarna?

Thank you so much.
+
Puffin
post 9.Sep.2009, 10:38 AM
Post #5

I'm not sure - how specific is your degree? Could you work in the hospital system?

Have you contacted Landstinget Dalarna? responsible for county health services
http://www.ltdalarna.se/templates/Base____2836.aspx

You have to bear in mind that most of Dalarna is pretty rural with only 2 medium sized towns (Borlänge and Falun)
+
Wigglywoo
post 9.Sep.2009, 01:11 PM
Post #6

personally i am finding it very difficult but it seems alot of people on my Swedish course have had positive experiences with finding work here so i guess its down to luck and persistance
+
gplusa
post 9.Sep.2009, 01:57 PM
Post #7

Yeah, it's tough out there. I've certainly a newly acquired respect for the immigrants who arrived into my home country. There's a bit of dumb luck involved, right place, right time, and all that. The key is to bring something to the table that people want. Sounds kind of obvious, but I've seen a lot of friends and colleagues who have arrived here thinking that employers in Sweden will view them the same way that their old employer did. I was lucky enough to have a Swedish wife who prepared me for that, so I was able to make sure that my qualifications and experiences were relevant and acceptable to Swedish employers before we travelled. Even then, it was tough to get a foothold. Hang in there.
+
ELMECHWARA
post 9.Sep.2009, 02:40 PM
Post #8

man!I still did not put my feet on your territory with less hope to find work if it stay in this vibe
but I am very optimistic to make it anyway! I will come any way. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
+
adisa
post 9.Sep.2009, 06:40 PM
Post #9

@ Puffin: Right now I work as an senior radiograpy technician in a hospital and hopefully will get an engineer diploma soon because I have one exam left. so I was thinking of serching a job in Sweden because I hear from a lot of hospital workers that Sweden is a gret place to work. No, i haven't contacted Dalarna hospital yet.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: