The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Current situation of IT job market

xenu
post 24.Jul.2009, 04:43 PM
Post #1

Hi guys,

Those of you who are in the IT sector, what is your prognosis of IT Job market these days. I am a software developer with a couple of years of experience but lost my job last year due to this crisis thing, later on i have had several interviews but nothing has materialized as yet. I have had several experiences where upon when i made a follow up call to employer they either responded that the hiring was stopped at the moment or the project was dropped.

My swedish is not very good at the moment but i wonder how important it actually matters for employers. Could someone also guide me how to approach these recruitment companies. I usually make my profile on any recruitment company website and apply for any relevant jobs from there. But they never seem to consider my application, even if i make follow up calls, i wonder why. Any helpful tips and suggestions are much welcomed.
Go to the top of the page
+
kerostarfx
post 24.Jul.2009, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Hi Xenu!

I'm having the exact same problem!!! argh! Except this is for the marketing industry.

I've been landing interviews, and "when i made a follow up call to the employer they either responded that the hiring was stopped at the moment or the project was dropped."

I can't figure out the job recruiting websites, I've applied for so many relevant jobs...it's as if my application goes into a black hole of doom!

I'm taking this single-subject course right now just to keep my brain active for the summer. My professor worked the industry and started probably the most popular site in Sweden. Anyhow, he suggested that I call back those people and figure out why I didn't get through to an interview (referring to applying through job recruitment agencies).

I just might try the phone thing on Monday. I'll let you know! smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: