The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
125 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »    Reply to this topic

Work permit waiting time statistics

Let us share

nithor01
post 4.May.2016, 03:06 PM
Post #121

QUOTE (Anget @ 4.May.2016, 01:42 PM) *
Yes and the insecurity that comes with not having a valid visa to stay. Which means that any 1 day, you can be asked to leave the country. That makes it hard to plan 1,2,3 mon ... (show full quote)

That is a very important term insecurity , if someone is insecure about their future ahead of them it is very anxious time, if you can not relax then you can not plan ahead of your future, i know few of my friends who studied here 2 years +2,3,4 years work permit still not sure about their future, you love this country , spend your time of your life and still after years if you can not sure about your future, not being part of this society then it is frustrating , i hope Swedish Integration minister , and dear Migrationsverket will be kind and make people life easier for those who are working here.
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 4.May.2016, 05:01 PM
Post #122

QUOTE (nithor01 @ 4.May.2016, 04:06 PM) *
i hope Swedish Integration minister , and dear Migrationsverket will be kind and make people life easier for those who are working here.

There is no integrationsminister appointed any more. You are left to your own devices.
+
nithor01
post 5.May.2016, 12:35 AM
Post #123

QUOTE (Case officer @ 4.May.2016, 06:01 PM) *
There is no integrationsminister appointed any more.

Sorry it will be govt
+
LLHope
post 8.May.2016, 01:59 PM
Post #124

QUOTE (Anget @ 4.May.2016, 11:42 AM) *
Yes and the insecurity that comes with not having a valid visa to stay. Which means that any 1 day, you can be asked to leave the country. That makes it hard to plan 1,2,3 months ahead
...and your employer could terminate the position at any time, the company could go bust ...There is NO security in work, those days are gone, so why should a country grant security through a work permit?
+
nithor01
post 8.May.2016, 03:23 PM
Post #125

QUOTE (LLHope @ 8.May.2016, 02:59 PM) *
...and your employer could terminate the position at any time, the company could go bust ...There is NO security in work, those days are gone, so why should a country grant se ... (show full quote)

loosing job is a different issue where there is always a chance to find another one , In Sweden permanent job is more secure than many places in World. but if you have to leave Sverige suddenly then it is very painful , your hope , time, future plan all went to vein. moreover from where you will start your life and the time you spend here all goes to vein, you are staying here because you love this place. do not asking a lot , Swedish law makers or Migrationsverket can be little bit more nice while making decisions on work permit, should count and amount of time a person have stayed here, should count the no crime no debt, Swedish higher studies following jobs and family. it is a humanity point of view when we are talking a lot of humanity in Sverige . it is difficult to feel the pain of insecurity if someone not goes through that. it is not easier like writing two lines here.
+
hatim
post 8.May.2016, 06:40 PM
Post #126

QUOTE (LLHope @ 8.May.2016, 01:59 PM) *
...and your employer could terminate the position at any time, the company could go bust ...There is NO security in work, those days are gone, so why should a country grant se ... (show full quote)

Companies can fire an employee provided they follow the rules in their contracts and Swedish employment rules (it is not the wild west of american style hire and fire, just because). And Sweden is not Saudi Arabia that you get fired and have to leave the next day.

Quoting from http://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...nging-jobs.html
If you resign from your job or get laid off, you are permitted to remain in Sweden and apply for a new job for three months.

So there is "some" protection in place already.

What I think Sweden is missing here is re-entry permit (just like how they do it in "a country" called Denmark for example). Quoting from nyidanmark.dk

Foreign nationals who have submitted an application for a residence permit on new grounds can be granted a re-entry permit. The re-entry permit will be valid for the period of time that corresponds with the foreign national's specific travel needs. Normally a re-entry permit will only be granted if the foreign national's have specific travel needs and the period of time spent outside of Denmark is short.

I am no immigration expert but if Denmark can have such permits then I am reasonably sure that Sweden can have them too without negative consequences. And migration rules are changed (have been changed in recent past) when they benefit society at large (for example Phd students getting residence after 4 years, since new rules in 2014). But all of this is for Swedish lawmakers to decide.
+
mynewtshirt
post 9.May.2016, 08:08 AM
Post #127

Hi,
does anyone know in which order are first-time work permits processed?
Or where they are now with applications?
+
master09
post 9.May.2016, 11:52 AM
Post #128

Applied new work permit on 11th March 2016, no status update yet...
+
Coconut
post 9.May.2016, 12:46 PM
Post #129

Applied october 30 , 2015
New work permit
Still nothing, I am losing the hope dry.gif
+
LLHope
post 9.May.2016, 09:09 PM
Post #130

QUOTE (nithor01 @ 8.May.2016, 02:23 PM) *
but if you have to leave Sverige suddenly then it is very painful , your hope , time, future plan all went to vein.
That is because you have lost sight of why a work permit is available and believe it is for You!!! Work permits in principle are issued because a Swedish employer wants to employ someone from outside of the EU with questionable reasoning that they cannot find the skill here in Sweden. Complaining that you cannot go out of Sweden whilst waiting for a decision kind of implies that the employer should have employed someone in another country to handle the business there since you are not needed inside Sweden?...

QUOTE (hatim @ 8.May.2016, 05:40 PM) *
Companies can fire an employee provided they follow the rules in their contracts and Swedish employment rules (it is not the wild west of american style hire and fire, just be ... (show full quote)
Actually there are various situations where it is indeed possible to fire someone and have them leave immediately. It is also written into the law that during any trial period they can just stop the employment with absolutely no reason given (up to 6 months). And it isn't uncommon that the quickest (and often cheapest) way for a company to get rid of staff is to liquidate the business. All can happen in the wink of an eye. Yes there are other protections in place, but only really count if you are a member of a trade union, otherwise you have to fight in court after losing your job. Sweden is not as safe as you might want to believe, times have changed.

What I think Sweden is missing here is re-entry permit (just like how they do it in "a country" called Denmark for example). Quoting from nyidanmark.dk I am no immigration expert but if Denmark can have such permits then I am reasonably sure that Sweden can have them too without negative consequences.
Be careful what you wish for, it is always easy to compare when you see things you want ...There are other EU Member States that have work permit rules that only allow an employer to employ someone from outside the EU once it has been proven by the local version of their Arbetsförmedlingen that there is no resident available to take the job ...if that happened here in Sweden then I suspect almost 80%+ work permits would never be issued wink.gif

Sweden now has the Social Democrats in Government, they receive HUGE amount (majority) of donations from trade unions. The trade unions want something in return, and that will be jobs for residents and less from outside of Sweden ...it is coming in bits and pieces since they have to take care not to create legislation that treats EU Citizens differently from locals.
+
cherif
post 9.May.2016, 10:07 PM
Post #131

QUOTE (Coconut @ 9.May.2016, 12:46 PM) *
Applied october 30 , 2015. New work permit. Still nothing, I am losing the hope dry.gif

Hello,

Give us more details please :

Occupation
Country of origin
+
Coconut
post 9.May.2016, 10:22 PM
Post #132

QUOTE (cherif @ 9.May.2016, 11:07 PM) *
Hello,. Give us more details please :. Occupation. Country of origin

Occupation ;chef, cook
Country of origin; Non Eu, Bosnia
+
cherif
post 9.May.2016, 10:28 PM
Post #133

QUOTE (Coconut @ 9.May.2016, 10:22 PM) *
Occupation ;chef, cook. Country of origin; Non Eu, Bosnia

I would say you will have to wait 8 to 12 months so be patient wink.gif
+
Coconut
post 9.May.2016, 10:51 PM
Post #134

QUOTE (cherif @ 9.May.2016, 11:28 PM) *
I would say you will have to wait 8 to 12 months so be patient wink.gif

Oh no, I hope you are wrong tongue.gif
Well ,keep calm and keep waiting cool.gif
+
mynewtshirt
post 10.May.2016, 08:38 PM
Post #135

How is that related with profession?
What about engineers? Is the order of processing related to occupation and country of origin?
Which countries get faster and which slower? I think I read about someone from hong Kong getting work permit in a month.
+

125 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: