The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Any of the banks have English mobile apps?

Or just an English setting.

lancemate
post 25.Jul.2018, 07:57 AM
Post #1

Hi,

Just got my personal number through yesterday and off to apply for ID card today.

First task when I get the ID card will be to open a bank account.

Does anyone know if any of the banks have mobile apps that are able to be put in English?

My sambo is with Swedbank which would have been my first choice but we've just been looking through the settings on her app and can't find anywhere to change the language.

Many thanks,
Ben.
Go to the top of the page
+
JonG
post 25.Jul.2018, 08:43 AM
Post #2

Hi

I use SEB and just checked the app settings. Can't see that you can change it to English but honestly it's so easy to use anyway, you only need to know a few words in Swedish and mostly the meaning of the words in the app are clear from the context. I don't think I ever struggled using their app through lack of knowledge of Swedish, but the hardest thing is just getting used to the way bills get paid here - you typically have a bank giro number to enter (8 digits with a hyphen in the middle) which identifies the account you're sending money to, then an OCR number which is like the payment reference so the recipient knows who has paid them. Then you need to "sign it" with bankID app.

It's a bit scary the first few times but pretty easy after that. I do recommend SEB for the quality of their iOS app, much better than anything I've seen from a UK bank.
+
oar
post 25.Jul.2018, 08:44 AM
Post #3

SEB has english as an option on mobile (and browser).

Tink is a personal finance app that connects to your bank (like Mint in the US), and it also has english settings.
+
lancemate
post 25.Jul.2018, 01:26 PM
Post #4

Okay, thanks guys, looks like I'll be going with SEB smile.gif
+
bonviveur
post 25.Jul.2018, 02:36 PM
Post #5

swedbank have english option when you log in using computer
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: