The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

How to calculate the pension

Approximate amount after 5 years

optimism
post 25.Jan.2017, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Is there some good online calculator of the pension? I would like to know approximate pension amount after working in Sweden for 5 years for 35000 kr/month. Would it be 1000 kr after taxation? 2000 kr? 3000 kr? I have absolutely no idea and need to know what can I expect. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page
+
yet another brit
post 25.Jan.2017, 02:54 PM
Post #2

The official calculator is the orange envelope, and/or look at minpension.se

But assume roughly that the pension is 60% up to the threshold (which is itself roughly the sum you mention), and so is going to give you about 15k a month (before tax) if you have a full entitlement. But if you have only worked 5 years, which is about 1/8 of a normal working life, then you'll get roughly 1/8th, which is maybe a bit less than 2k a month. How much tax you'll pay depends on what the law is then, and where you live, and what your tax liability is wrt Sweden, and what your other taxable income might be.
+
axiom
post 25.Jan.2017, 03:09 PM
Post #3

Thumbs up for minpension.se
+
Sthlm83
post 25.Jan.2017, 05:10 PM
Post #4

There's also a Garantipension for those who have earned little or no income based pension. However, for the full garantipension you need to have lived in Sweden for 40 years, and a mimimum of three. The amount is lowered with 1/40 for each year so for 5 years living in sweden it would be 5/40 of about 11000 SEK/month, so about 1300SEK/month. However, if you also receive a pension from abroad this may be canceled or lowered.

The garantipension also requires that you live in Sweden, EU/EES, Switzerland or, under som cirumstances, also Canada.

https://www.pensionsmyndigheten.se/forsta-d...har-lag-pension
+
Sthlm83
post 25.Jan.2017, 05:16 PM
Post #5

Also make sure to manage your Tjänstepension (assuming you got one, which is likely but not sure). Tjänstepension is paid by your employer and is placed in a fund. If you have a long time until retirement and the sum is not very big I would recommend placing the money in a fund with higher risk, as this will most likley produce a higher yield over time. You can see your all your tjänstepension in minpension.se (and then log in to the tjänstepension provider to manage the funds).
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: