The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

New rule for bringing family (from nonEU country)

Required fund to apply

New Day
post 5.Sep.2016, 01:27 PM
Post #1

Dear Experts

I am residing in Sweden under student visa and my validity of visa is for 13 months initially. I want to bring my family here now.

My queries are:

1. How much settlement fund am i have to show for my spouse? Is it like this: 24 (as 2 year study program)*SEK 3500?
or 20 (months) * SEK 7974 PLUS 24 (months) * SEK 3500?

2. Does papers for rented house for family mandatory? If yes, then will i have to show my rental contract from the date i am expecting them to arrive here?

Desperately seeking expert´s attention with appropriate link (if possible).

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page
+
mjennin2
post 5.Sep.2016, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Everything you need to know to get started can be found here https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...ly-members.html

Everything you need to know about the calculation of monies required can be found toward the bottom of this link here: http://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...ty-college.html

^^In the second link, go to the 13 month example and add up the amount required for you, PLUS the amount required for your spouse, PLUS the amount required per child (multiplied by however many kids you are bringing). Your family can only get visas for as long as your visa is good for. So even though you are doing a 2-year course of study, you can only get a residence permit for your family for the duration of however much longer is left on your current 13-month visa. Which means you would only need to prove the amount sufficient for the length of your visa, and then apply for the renewal with proof of proper funds when that time comes.

I am fairly certain the standard living accommodations requirements will need to be met by you at the time you apply for your family to join you, if I'm not mistaken. And if that's the case, this includes a rental contract covering the duration of the permit, and there needs to be at least one bedroom for you and your spouse, one bedroom per 2 children (shared), a kitchen or kitchenette, and a bathroom.

Good luck!
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: