The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

UK working in Sweden past 183 days

Through Recruitment Agency

post 20.Jan.2017, 05:17 PM
Post #1
Joined: 20.Jan.2017

Hi Everyone,

I am under contract not permanent through a recruitment agency with the organisation in Sweden.

I am 4 months into working in Sweden for 6 months and have just been offered a further 12 months.

I have a UK VAT LTD company which I am the Director of. It is a company with employees and receives money from other means, not just my contracting.

I am with a recruitment agency based in Luxembourg (I think). I am paid in Euros through the recruitment agency.

So far I have not paid any tax in Sweden as I am in the first 6 months.

I need to move fast as I have been offered first refusal and they need to start the application process in 1-2 weeks if I do not want to continue, which I would, providing I will not be hammered on tax and therefore it is not sustainable.

I am not a resident etc... within Sweden. I pay UK Taxes and NI still.

How can I extend my visit past the 183 days. I fly to the UK for 1 weekend every month.

Many thanks in advance everyone

Go to the top of the page
post 30.Jan.2017, 04:35 PM
Post #2
Joined: 20.Jan.2017

Anyone please

Many thanks in advance

Go to the top of the page
yet another brit
post 30.Jan.2017, 08:37 PM
Post #3
Joined: 5.Jan.2013

Hi - and welcome to the wonderful world of Sweden...

You need to distinguish between your personal tax situation, and that of your company. You need to talk to an accountant.

As far as I know, if you are over the 180 days total (or whatever the limit is) then you will be liable for Swedish personal tax. Whether they notice if you "forget" to register yourself in Sweden is another question.

The company situation is more difficult. If you are resident in Sweden, then the proportion of your business activities that are therefore conducted in Sweden could be liable for Swedish company taxation. This isn't necessarily bad (there are lots of deductions etc) but could be complicated. Again - you should talk to a professional.
Go to the top of the page
post 31.Jan.2017, 12:15 PM
Post #4
Joined: 7.Jul.2006

As suggested, talk to an Accountant. It could save you a lot of money and definitely time. As I understand, a foreign company that employs someone who is working in Sweden, needs to pay Swedish taxes etc ie. 31%+ in employers contributions, which I believe is only 10% in the UK. And then there are other considerations, which I think is best that an Accountant would be best to consult with, rather than via a forum, especially when time is key to your decision.
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: