The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >   Reply to this topic

Irish Girl has just moved to Sweden!

Employment, Education, Lifestyle!

Streja
post 5.Mar.2012, 08:07 PM
Post #61

knagle, I advice you not to use that info, just say that the information was not clear on their site and that you didn't know you had to apply as non-eu and sambo visa. Confrontation won't work, well only if you are calm. Let the them shout if they want and stay calm. In the Uk I found that shouting worked. It's the opposite in Sweden.
Go to the top of the page
+
Ankinette
post 7.Mar.2012, 05:01 PM
Post #62

Any news Knagle?
+
knagle
post 7.Mar.2012, 11:53 PM
Post #63

Hej everyone!!!!!! I think today I have secured a job!!!!!!! Im really hoping that this thing completely works out! The boss signed my forms, which states that im employed, with the hours, wages etc. So so so so very happy! Ill keep updating this for all you lovely people who gave a shit to actually read this thread. smile.gif You are all champions! biggrin.gif
+
Ankinette
post 8.Mar.2012, 09:21 AM
Post #64

Great news! And about the SV/MV problems? So the employer has no problem with the fact you have no personnummer??
+
Fishtank
post 8.Mar.2012, 11:30 AM
Post #65

QUOTE (knagle @ 7.Mar.2012, 11:53 PM) *
Hej everyone!!!!!! I think today I have secured a job!!!!!!! I. You are all champions! biggrin.gif

Congrats!!! Well done...

Indeed, we all here on TL are born champions. Sometimes even troll champs too wink.gif

Lycka till.
+
knagle
post 8.Mar.2012, 12:30 PM
Post #66

Well, they signed the papers which MV gave me to get ahold of a person number, which helps me get the person number faster ( financially secure) im just heading off to the SV and all now! Didnt think i would ever get the papers signed by an employer! smile.gif But I diiiid, there's hope for us all, keep walking the streets, and asking everywhere for work, someone, the right person & the right place, it will all work out smile.gif))
+
Stebro
post 8.Mar.2012, 12:39 PM
Post #67

good luck with that Knagle, and make sure that you behave! so no more kicking folks in the butt!
+
sizoider
post 8.Mar.2012, 04:11 PM
Post #68

Well done knagle!good luck!

anyway this is a lesson for everyone who want to move to sweden without knowing swedish.eveything would be probably much easier if you can speak swedish.
+
knagle
post 9.Mar.2012, 12:10 AM
Post #69

Just back from work now. So happy to feel like I can give something to society, pay taxes, and speed up the person number. Today at SV they said I need a contract from my employer, but I thought the forms from MV sorted by my boss correctly was suffice. Unfortunately I have to make another few calls to SV... But still, I have a job! biggrin.gif
+
knagle
post 10.Mar.2012, 12:32 PM
Post #70

I got my temporary personnumber yesterday! smile.gif
+
Ankinette
post 10.Mar.2012, 01:36 PM
Post #71

Me too! But not sure if it's that useful really...
+
knagle
post 10.Mar.2012, 03:11 PM
Post #72

Nope, its not useful, no healthcare and unable to open a bank, but it helps with the whole legality of things in a way! smile.gif I now have a work contract, so I should be the proud owner of a proper person number soon! biggrin.gif Theres hope for us all! I hope you get your person number soon Ankinette smile.gif)
+
Spuds MacKenzie
post 12.Mar.2012, 02:41 AM
Post #73

You're gonna need a helluva lot more time than a month or two to find ANY type of job as a non-Swedish speaker here! Even here in the biggest university town (Uppsala) none of the Irish pubs will
hire you unless you can speak Swedish. This makes no sense, of course, but that's the reality of life here. sad.gif
+
Spuds MacKenzie
post 12.Mar.2012, 02:53 AM
Post #74

QUOTE (JulieLou40 @ 15.Feb.2012, 07:16 PM) *
Sambo permit is the way to go-that'll also make you eligible for the SFI bonus. In case you don't know, to qualify for the SFI bonus, you have to pass within a year of ... (show full quote)

This is incorrect. The SFI bonus is only for NON-EU citizens. As an Irish lass you'll get 0 kronor for passing SFI C or D. Sorry.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Mar.2012, 03:02 AM
Post #75

Hey Katie!

All the bad things posted here are mostly true, but they don't take into account you are IRISH!

Lass, keep your smile and you will be welcomed...nobody with any sense would turn you down.

Erin go bragh...and Katie too!

Warm smiles,
GH
+

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: