The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Need Help Finding Rhyming Words!

I want to write a song for my Swedish Girl

cwray1
post 20.Feb.2017, 05:22 PM
Post #1

Hi guys - I'm learning Swedish because my girlfriend is from Sweden and I would like to surprise her with a song. Most of the song would be in English, but I would like to incorporate a little bit of Swedish (probably in the chorus). I want to rhyme with "Hur kan jag göra din dag bättre?" ("How can I make your day better?"), but I do not know anywhere near enough Swedish to know of any rhyming words. Can you think of any words that rhyme with "dag bättre?", that I could use in the line before and would make sense in the context? If I could get a few rhyming words, I might be able to make the whole chorus Swedish.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 20.Feb.2017, 05:33 PM
Post #2

If you'd like to your girlfriend sjunga
But find that the rhymes are much too tunga
Have a look at this webbplats
And you'll see that your lyrics fall into plats.

http://rimlexikon.com/
+
cwray1
post 20.Feb.2017, 05:36 PM
Post #3

Thanks, apparently nothing rhymes with bättre...Maybe some close rhymes? Or I realign the sentence so there's another word at the end?
+
mjennin2
post 21.Feb.2017, 10:54 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Case officer @ 20.Feb.2017, 04:33 PM) *
If you'd like to your girlfriend sjunga. But find that the rhymes are much too tunga. Have a look at this webbplats. And you'll see that your lyrics fall into plats.. http://rimlexikon.com/

CO has an artistic side?? Who woulda thought! tongue.gif
+
Bsmith
post 21.Feb.2017, 12:03 PM
Post #5

You could go with an alliteration...say, perhaps the term bedwetter. Not sure that's gonna help your case.
+
Emerentia
post 21.Feb.2017, 01:22 PM
Post #6

My suggestion is that you change "Hur kan jag göra din dag bättre" to "Hur kan jag förbättra din dag?" (=How could I improve your day). Or perhaps "Hur kan jag förgylla din dag" (Literally it's "How could I gild your day", but it's used figuratively, like an expression so it's more like "How could I brighten your day" or something like that. It's a lot easier to rhyme on "dag". Or you could even say "Hur kan jag din dag förgylla", if you got a better rhyme with that word, but that way of putting it is less casual, and more like poetic, you would only say it like that in a song or a poem.
+

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: