The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

I hate Sweden month

Give us your pet hate about Sweden

jack sprat
post 13.Jul.2009, 01:21 PM
Post #31

Ah, now that explains a lot about the local population down there! blink.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 13.Jul.2009, 01:26 PM
Post #32

And considering it was only PVA...
+
Timmo
post 13.Jul.2009, 02:00 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (storstark @ 13.Jul.2009, 10:40 AM) *
here is my rant about breakfast... see i miss my marmite on toast and weetbix (kiwi versions) so i basically have no rules for breakfast...

Toast, you got toast you lucky ******? What exactly do the Swedes have against it ? It seems to be regarded as an offence against their beautiful bread - last time I asked for the toaster (found at the back of a dusty cupboard) in a Swedish YHA, the staff nearly all came out to pay their respects at the 'cremation'. Swedish bread can be good raw or toated but the latter really brings out the taste of the seeds etc etc - so what do they have against it ?
+
Johno
post 13.Jul.2009, 02:15 PM
Post #34

And yet they sell "skorpor", lightly toasted bread bits which may be sweetened and often used for dipping in coffee ? Definitely a mad country ! (Especially with the other meaning of skorpor laugh.gif )
+
Eric Cantona
post 13.Jul.2009, 02:29 PM
Post #35

American accents and expressions...

OK, there's lots of USA tv but still plenty of English stuff yet for some reason you never here a David Brent or Edmund Blackadder accent or line of sarcasm.
+
Holecutter > The Howl ...
post 13.Jul.2009, 02:51 PM
Post #36

I heard that some time ago, it was the bling thing to do to own a toaster here. The problem being is, they they still don't know how to make them work.

laugh.gif
+
Timmo
post 13.Jul.2009, 03:08 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (Johno @ 13.Jul.2009, 02:15 PM) *
And yet they sell "skorpor", lightly toasted bread bits which may be sweetened and often used for dipping in coffee ? Definitely a mad country ! (Especially w ... (show full quote)

And the dregs are something to sooo look forward to (not) as you get near the bottom of the cup. Swedes like rules - outlawing dunking should be one of them. angry.gif
+
Tennessee Thunder
post 13.Jul.2009, 04:41 PM
Post #38

The great THEY in Sweden.Ever notice when ya ask a Swede why do you think that,the reply is THEY said so,,HMMMMM..Who Is this big THEY.
One time at Easter a lady told me we never run out of eggs because the chickens here know it,s time to lay more.
Needless to say I almost passed out with laughter and I said ok what,s the joke?,she said with a very stright face,no Im serious,they know to lay more eggs(again more laughter),she wasn't laughing,so I asked where the hell did you hear something like that,,her anwser was,,THEY said so,,ok who the F**K is THEY,she said I dunno,but THEY said so...
Has to be freakin In-breeding.
+
Lienka
post 13.Jul.2009, 06:12 PM
Post #39

in my SFI class when my teachers says :´ in Sweden we think that... ´ or ´in Sweden we do it like this... ` We in Sweden... does it mean that she speaks for all Swedes? Why can´t she say ´I´ instead of ´we´ ??? Sometimes I feel that Swedish people don´t have their own opinion... it´s like somebody up there says something and everybody starts saying the same cause they cannot come with something else
+
Tennessee Thunder
post 13.Jul.2009, 06:52 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (Lienka @ 13.Jul.2009, 07:12 PM) *
in my SFI class when my teachers says :´ in Sweden we think that... ´ or ´in Sweden we do it like this... ` We in Sweden... does it mean that she speaks for all Sw ... (show full quote)
Hmmmm,that made exactly zero sence...like I said In-breeding...
+
BillyB
post 13.Jul.2009, 07:08 PM
Post #41

What do i hate about Sweden..

I dont really hate anything...a few things annoy me though..

1. The Systemet...always defended by "but it has a great choice" yes true, but they can stay, they dont need to go!
just let ICA etc stock a small selection so i can grab a bottle of wine at 8pm on saturday night when i forget to pick one up for the dinner party...

2. Fresh veg...Question "what do you think of fresh veg in Sweden?" answer "great idea, hope they start it soon!!!"
In nearly 4 years ive yet to buy a lettuce that ive not had to throw a lot away as its skanky...

3. Home Delivery Indian food...someone please start doing it, you will become very rich...(or if anyone knows of one let me know and they will become rich)

4. The surrender of free will, and brainwashed to follow everything that is dictated and planned by the all powerful organizations, and live your life how they have decided rather than what you actually would like to do.

5. Denying that 4 is true.

I dont think thats too much... probably just as many things i will miss when i eventually move back to the UK
+
Keewee
post 13.Jul.2009, 07:13 PM
Post #42

I used to live in this great country where everything was great and then I thought it wasn't that great anymore so I moved to Sweden where things were pretty much the same, but a little bit different, and it just does my head in that Sweden isn't exactly like the place I left because actually the place I left was pretty good but I least I have TL where I can vent my frustrations. That's what I hate about Sweden. As soon as I get my work permit in Saudi I'm off, it can't be any worse than this place, can it?
+
Kaethar
post 13.Jul.2009, 07:26 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (Inletwatcher @ 13.Jul.2009, 11:24 AM) *
I hate that a lot of Swedes are really brainwashed:

QUOTE (Gretchen @ 13.Jul.2009, 01:17 PM) *
Okies, my turn. I HATE how Swedes are brainwashed into some of their thinking.

QUOTE (BillyB @ 13.Jul.2009, 08:08 PM) *
4. The surrender of free will, and brainwashed to follow everything that is dictated and planned by the all powerful organizations, and live your life how they have decided ra ... (show full quote)

A person is not brainwashed just because they disagree with your way of thinking. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (BillyB @ 13.Jul.2009, 08:08 PM) *
5. Denying that 4 is true.

I was raised in Sweden with triple citizenship and have lived around the world. I think I'd know more about this than you do.

- Systembolaget is great and offers you a wonderful choice !

I agree with this and I've lived in over 4 different countries in my lifetime.

- there is nothing wrong with sitting in a queue for a rental apartment for 30 years - too bad you didn't know you were coming to Stockholm when you were born

Most Swedes are in the queue since they're born. And most people do see a problem with it but it's not an easy problem to solve.

I hate that men look like women and women look all the same.

This type of comment pisses me off. dry.gif

One time at Easter a lady told me we never run out of eggs because the chickens here know it,s time to lay more. Needless to say I almost passed out with laughter and I said o ... (show full quote)

They? Newspapers, official institutions, etc. It's probably true that they fertilize more chickens before Easter to produce more eggs. blink.gif

QUOTE (Lienka @ 13.Jul.2009, 07:12 PM) *
in my SFI class when my teachers says :´ in Sweden we think that... ´ or ´in Sweden we do it like this... ` We in Sweden... does it mean that she speaks for all Sw ... (show full quote)

Someone has never studied social science I see... ever hear of social norms?
Have fun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norm_(sociology)
+
kaze
post 13.Jul.2009, 07:30 PM
Post #44

I hate-
The expensive...everything. Especially booze.
The anti-drugs attitude.
Fika- bög
The tight jeans (see above)
Why are pizzas all that weird flat type? Not like English take aways. I like the Swedish pizza, don't get me wrong, but I'd like more traditional take away pizza once in a while.
Swedish- yeah, I know, its Sweden we should speak Swedish. I fully understand. However given how much English knowledge there is in the country they could really help out us foreigners more. The Dutch do. Also its a pretty hard language.

3. Home Delivery Indian food...someone please start doing it, you will become very rich...(or if anyone knows of one let me know and they will become rich)

There's several in Uppsala.
Its Chinese that seems surprisingly scarce in Sweden to me (especially considering even Poland is overran with the stuff...)
+
Kaethar
post 13.Jul.2009, 07:32 PM
Post #45

QUOTE (kaze @ 13.Jul.2009, 08:30 PM) *
Swedish- yeah, I know, its Sweden we should speak Swedish. I fully understand. However given how much English knowledge there is in the country they could really help out us f ... (show full quote)

+

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: