The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
138 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »    Reply to this topic

Merit Rating 2017 - Sweden MS Applicants

Selection Groups & Results

wahabsahab
post 10.Feb.2017, 07:48 AM
Post #181

Master Programme in Applied Biotechnology 120 Credits, Uppsala University, Location: Uppsala
IN PROGRESS
Animal Science - Master´s Programme 120 Credits, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Location: Uppsala
IN PROGRESS
Master's programme in Biotechnology 120 Credits, Lund University, Location: Lund
IN PROGRESS
Applied Ethology and Animal Biology, Master's programme 120 Credits, Linköping University, Location: Linköping
IN PROGRESS angry.gif

All these Universities i think have hell of Applicants, That's why my status is still in progress. Nothing to do except waiting. Lets hope for best to all the applicants.
Go to the top of the page
+
shabnam
post 10.Feb.2017, 12:35 PM
Post #182

Hi everyone.
I have just got QUALIFIED from Linkoping University Ethnic and Migration Studies, but without any infoormation, like MR or explanation. Is it normal?
+
Aal22
post 10.Feb.2017, 01:41 PM
Post #183

I woke up with this terrible feeling that my application sucks. My statements of purpose are bad and CV is weak. I am doubting all my qualifications and believing I wont get any acceptances. Man, this admission process is driving me crazy.
+
Albert100791
post 10.Feb.2017, 01:50 PM
Post #184

QUOTE (Aal22 @ 10.Feb.2017, 01:41 PM) *
I woke up with this terrible feeling that my application sucks. My statements of purpose are bad and CV is weak. I am doubting all my qualifications and believing I wont get a ... (show full quote)

+1 Haha. I think we all have the same feeling... lol
+
itsmegeorge
post 10.Feb.2017, 02:01 PM
Post #185

Upload a new letter then. I revised mine so many times that I uploaded the statement 4 times. It's allowable.
+
Albert100791
post 10.Feb.2017, 02:05 PM
Post #186

QUOTE (itsmegeorge @ 10.Feb.2017, 02:01 PM) *
Upload a new letter then. I revised mine so many times that I uploaded the statement 4 times. It's allowable.

George, As far as I know, if you upload any documentation after the 1st February Deadline, your application would be considered late. I've uploaded the letter of intention like 3 times too because I had gramatical mistakes and it wasn't clear enough, but before the 1st of February.
+
Aal22
post 10.Feb.2017, 02:09 PM
Post #187

@Albert100791.. hahah hopefully the remaining time flies by and we get accepted! smile.gif

@itsmegeorge.. No, you are not allowed to upload anything new past the Feb 1st deadline if you want the document to be considered "on time". You can only do that before.
+
Rafael8
post 10.Feb.2017, 02:18 PM
Post #188

QUOTE (Nataliii @ 1.Feb.2017, 05:56 PM) *
hmm I am not that sure about this . I know few people with excellent grades but with no work experience, no interships who didnt get in, and i know also people with average gr ... (show full quote)

Nataliiii
I just saw your pr. message now lol !
+
itsmegeorge
post 10.Feb.2017, 02:33 PM
Post #189

QUOTE (Albert100791 @ 10.Feb.2017, 03:05 PM) *
George, As far as I know, if you upload any documentation after the 1st February Deadline, your application would be considered late. I've uploaded the letter of intention ... (show full quote)

lmao my worst fear is that they won't review the latest one, or that they will see how many times I've uploaded a revised version of it and it won't look good on my application. But I guess we'll see lol
+
Gvantsa
post 10.Feb.2017, 03:00 PM
Post #190

We are all on the same boat .. I want to sleep today and wake up on 24th of March. Lol biggrin.gif
+
Rafael8
post 10.Feb.2017, 03:03 PM
Post #191

QUOTE (Aal22 @ 10.Feb.2017, 02:41 PM) *
I woke up with this terrible feeling that my application sucks. My statements of purpose are bad and CV is weak. I am doubting all my qualifications and believing I wont get a ... (show full quote)

Calm your nerves lol. Everyone wants to get admitted and going thru the same phase (tho not the dream part)
+
Aal22
post 10.Feb.2017, 03:10 PM
Post #192

QUOTE (Rafael8 @ 10.Feb.2017, 05:03 PM) *
Calm your nerves lol. Everyone wants to get admitted and going thru the same phase (tho not the dream part)

Hahah yes, I am trying to do that.
+
Sinjanthu
post 10.Feb.2017, 05:12 PM
Post #193

QUOTE (Gvantsa @ 10.Feb.2017, 04:00 PM) *
We are all on the same boat .. I want to sleep today and wake up on 24th of March. Lol biggrin.gif

lol. biggrin.gif
I'm counting days. 42 days more
+
Albert100791
post 10.Feb.2017, 06:51 PM
Post #194

QUOTE (itsmegeorge @ 10.Feb.2017, 02:33 PM) *
lmao my worst fear is that they won't review the latest one, or that they will see how many times I've uploaded a revised version of it and it won't look good on m ... (show full quote)

You shouldn't worry at all about that. They have hundreds of applications, they are not gonna be aware how many times you have uploaded a document, they are used to it. lol. I had problems with the internet conection and I've uploaded the same document twice because of that.. so no worries!

Also.. I've found this!

SG stands for Selection Group
This means (common logic) that you have been allocated a specific group, inside which you are "fighting" for your place. Your direct contestants are part of the same group.

The Selection Group is often a Swedish abbreviation, so no wonder you cannot figure out what they mean. Also on the English version you do not get the description of the Selection Group. In order to get the Swedish description you need to switch to the Swedish version of your Application page. In order to do so just go to the browser's address bar and add "&lang=sv" and hit Enter.
At the bottom of the Swedish version, you will find descriptions for all your Selection Groups

--
MR stands for Merit Rating
Regarding Master Aplicants, Common logic and experience says that the number shown under Merit Rating is the equivalent of the number of ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System) that are relevant to your chosen course/programme.

Some applicants will have quite a high rating, 700+, 900+.
That Merit Rating is somehow including other aspects as well - for instance country of residence.
Look at that like a subdivision of the Selection Group. It is a marker, since this is simply INTERNAL evaluation. That doesn't mean that they are more qualified than somebody else with MR 180. It just means they are seen as.. special smile.gif by the university or with regards to the course/programme.

There are voices that say even that the more points you have, the less "adequate" you are for the course/programme, so you have fewer chances of getting accepted.

--
Bottom line is that even if you know exactly what your SG and MR means, you cannot have any perspective regarding your acceptance probability.

Firstly, you do not know how the others are doing (their MR for instance). So you cannot compare yourself with others.

Secondly, the MR is not the overall rating. It doesn't specify how high on the list of students you are. The MR only relates to some basic educational aspects. You can consider it like your application relevance in regards to the chosen course/programme.

Thirdly, both the SG and MR are university, if not department based. Therefore you cannot have a good reference to compare with. Remember! SG and MR are just for internal evaluation.

That is why the best thing to do after you send all your documents, and before the processing deadline passes, is to just enjoy life. Don't worry about what SG and MR you have.
+
Rafael8
post 10.Feb.2017, 07:12 PM
Post #195

so.. what important is now to get qualified ! Rest all is depend on 15-23 march biggrin.gif
+

138 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: