The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Is Europe saying enough is enough?

Are the Danes leading the way?

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Jul.2018, 01:46 AM
Post #1

A good read for those interested...

Will other countries follow...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/world/eu...nt-ghettos.html
Go to the top of the page
+
vosovicd
post 10.Jul.2018, 10:08 AM
Post #2

It sounds extreme for those of us who come from multi-cultural countries like the UK, Canada, Australia, NZ etc, etc. But then these countries have more sensible migration policies.

Also, the current state of affairs in Europe is so extreme that this approach may just work. Shame that no political party in Sweden is prioritising integration this election. It's all just fluffy promises with vague commitments... sigh.
+
Bsmith
post 10.Jul.2018, 11:41 AM
Post #3

I see no problem with this approach. If you are willing to receive money from the taxpayers then you should not whine about having strings attached.
+
robbie1985
post 11.Jul.2018, 01:21 PM
Post #4

I'm perfectly comfortable saying I think this is a good idea but I don't agree with the wording in the article that this should be seen as 'punitive'. Integration is absolutely vital for both the people coming to a new country, and the indigenous population. However, having been in the situation myself, and met many different people from various backgrounds through SFI, I think that a lot of people don't seek out the means to integrate through lack of knowledge about what is available. If it was essentially compulsory, as described in the article, then this would definitely help in my view.

But immigration is a complex issue and I don't believe there's no simple 'one size fits all' solution.
+
Bsmith
post 11.Jul.2018, 03:11 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (robbie1985 @ 11.Jul.2018, 01:21 PM) *
I'm perfectly comfortable saying I think this is a good idea but I don't agree with the wording in the article that this should be seen as 'punitive'. Integrat ... (show full quote)

And look, we agree again. Everybody, let's hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
+
Bsmith
post 12.Jul.2018, 01:46 AM
Post #6

Here is something else to ponder: https://www.infowars.com/muslim-party-leade...like-diversity/
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Jul.2018, 02:21 AM
Post #7

We have known for years that ethnic diversity and multiculturalism brings the end to the ethnic population that supports it...

So it only makes sense that the native population that accepted peoples, not like them should leave the land of their ancestors to make them feel at home!!!

Oh, I forgot if they complain, the politically correct police will call them shameful racists!!!

The joys of ethnic diversity, multiculturalism and political correctness are a wonder to behold...
+
robbie1985
post 12.Jul.2018, 09:56 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 12.Jul.2018, 02:46 AM) *
infowars.com

I thought we were making progress, but here you are sharing links to a snake oil retailer.
+
Bsmith
post 12.Jul.2018, 12:10 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (robbie1985 @ 12.Jul.2018, 08:56 AM) *
I thought we were making progress, but here you are sharing links to a snake oil retailer.

What, you approve of this? Telling natives if they don't like the change to get out of their own country. What are you, one of those no borders, no countries, one world order believers?
+
vosovicd
post 12.Jul.2018, 02:30 PM
Post #10

BSmith and Gamla: Both of you failed to integrate into Sweden (i.e. find jobs) which is why the two of you no longer live here. But for some bizarre reason the two of you continue to visit this website and post random nonsense. Sweden is a better off without the two of you. Hej då!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Jul.2018, 02:57 PM
Post #11

laugh.gif
+
Bsmith
post 12.Jul.2018, 03:01 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (vosovicd @ 12.Jul.2018, 02:30 PM) *
BSmith and Gamla: Both of you failed to integrate into Sweden (i.e. find jobs) which is why the two of you no longer live here. But for some bizarre reason the two of you cont ... (show full quote)

Actually I did find a job. But I had a better one back in the States. Hej då.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Jul.2018, 06:50 PM
Post #13

After I had my laugh, I wonder where people get the authority to choose who should participate on an open internet forum!!!

Are they specially gifted by our creator??? rolleyes.gif
+
Bsmith
post 12.Jul.2018, 10:39 PM
Post #14

Oh, they're special alright.
+
mikegrimm
post 26.Jul.2018, 06:14 PM
Post #15

I think it is high time that migration from Non EU countries is halted all together. All the members pay into a system that was promised to improve employment opportunities and strengthen economies within the union. I have been in Sweden for two years now and have been treated like a 3rd class citizen and my origin country of Croatia has suffered as a result of EU legislation and big chains and foolish regulatory standards. So in essence Sweden gets to visit Croatia for free without paying visas, take money from the joint funds to bail out their welfare program which by the way foreign citizens cannot get anything out of unless they are pretending to be refugees of countries that are not even in war. Sweden got a huge influx of cheap labor so much so that for a decent stint in Stockholm the company I worked for I was the only worker with PN and everybody else was getting paid cash on hand and were not even allowed to be here. To add insult to injury we worked at big events and all the upper management *All swedes could careless about the hiring policies. In my humble opinion deportations are long overdue and as someone who has lived in the states, Germany, visited Italy twice and Greece I find it laughable that we are helping non EU citizens lead better lives than those who have been paying into the system. There have been bread lines in Greece for three years now and unemployment is rampant yet measures for EU workers such as Eures were frozen as a result of the fake refugee crisis. I side with Hungary, Poland and Slovakia because enough is enough. The UK voted to leave and get control of their country and Maye is a bleeding disgrace for the deals she is putting forward. The EU has only benefited a few nations and if you call an exodus of educated work forces moving to be janitors in others despite having university degrees a benefit. Where was the EU when Serbians slaughtered Croatians? Where was the EU when the banks drove us into debtors hell? Where is the EU for the millions of unemployed and millions under the poverty line already here? Enough is enough and I feel more countries should follow suite but I fear they will deport EU citizens instead of those who never paid into the system.

Just my two cents.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: