The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

Garfunkel found in the US after Sweden no-show

The Local
post 30.Sep.2012, 02:54 PM
Post #1

US musician Art Garfunkel has been located in the US ending a search for the star which began after he failed to show up for a concert in Gothenburg in western Sweden on Friday.

"We lost track of him in Gothenburg," ticket agent Julius Malmström confirmed to the Sydsvenskan daily after the star failed to show for a second gig in Malmö on Saturday evening.

Garfunkel was due to perform as part of a touring concert entitled "Night of the Proms" alongside Anastacia, Måns Zelmerlöw and John Miles, but shortly before he was due on stage the veteran crooner disappeared.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 30.Sep.2012, 04:13 PM
Post #2

I love the statement that if a singer is missing from a concert in Sweden it could be the end of his career LOL
The Sounds of Silence.
+
johan rebel
post 30.Sep.2012, 06:44 PM
Post #3

Sweden, dazzling center of the universe.
I hope Garfunkel's "concern over his voice" did not prevent him from singing Homeward Bound all the way across the Atlantic.
+
Swedish Meatbulls
post 30.Sep.2012, 07:33 PM
Post #4

By now he will be counting the cars on the new Jersey turn pike.
+
Rishonim
post 30.Sep.2012, 07:57 PM
Post #5

I think there is something wrong with this sentence. "US musician Art Garfunkel has been located in the US ending a search for the star which began after he failed to show up for in Gothenburg in western Sweden on Friday" (show up for what?) Did he fail to show up in Malmo or Gothenburg???
I can understand his refusal to play in Malmo considering how dreadful they treat the Jews there but Gothenburg is not all that bad, yet.
+
Reason abd Realism
post 30.Sep.2012, 08:45 PM
Post #6

It's a cover up.
He was instantly extradited to the US because local security thought that he looked like Assange.
I guess this proves that the Assange conspiracy theorists are correct.
+
Opinionfool
post 30.Sep.2012, 08:52 PM
Post #7

Perhaps he was using the new maps app for Apple's iPhone and iPad; they couldn't find Göteborg either.
+
*Guest*
post 2.Oct.2012, 07:05 AM
Post #8

Byke!
"I love the statement that if a singer is missing from a concert in Sweden it could be the end of his career LOL"
I think You interpret the statement the way You want to. Of course no one thinks his career would be effected by wether he shows up for a gig or two in Sweden or not. What Julius Malmström means is that it would be sad to see an icon make this a habbit, cancelling concerts without prior notice, making a bad reputation for himself. I don't think the geographic location for this behaviour is the point he is making.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: